Photo

Let There Be Light

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 HSetterfield

HSetterfield

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:my husband's research, our family, our animals, gardening, baking, reading, people...lots of stuff!
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • southern Oregon

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

ikester, I was not mocking you. I was trying to open your eyes to something, but I honestly give up.

By the way, the Mormon god is not the God of the Bible, so I don't see what on earth you were bringing all that in for.

My point all along is that basic data points toward the truth of Genesis as real history.

That includes the material on the speed of light.

You have been fighting it like mad, and I really don't understand why except that you seem to be absolutely paranoid about science and afraid of it.

In the same way that I don't like what a lot of modern folk have done with music, I don't like what evolutionists have done with science.

But that does not invalidate the value of either.

#22 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

When people have ideas that differ from one another, and if these ideas are held deeply, it can seem offensive when the ideas are challenged. (this notion should be expected at the onset).

The written word can easily be misinterpreted to carry meaning when non was intended, for example

ikester, I was not mocking you. I was trying to open your eyes to something, but I honestly give up.

(my italics)

If you superimpose a matriarchal headmistress image one gets the impression of a resigned scolding, when all that is meant is “I am having difficulty in finding a better way of explaining”.

One is best to develop a ‘thick skin’ in a forum (well that’s my tactic) it is by it’s very nature a rough and tumble environment, a place to be challenged, yes?

#23 HSetterfield

HSetterfield

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:my husband's research, our family, our animals, gardening, baking, reading, people...lots of stuff!
  • Christian
  • southern Oregon

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

When people have ideas that differ from one another, and if these ideas are held deeply, it can seem offensive when the ideas are challenged. (this notion should be expected at the onset).

The written word can easily be misinterpreted to carry meaning when non was intended, for example (my italics)

If you superimpose a matriarchal headmistress image one gets the impression of a resigned scolding, when all that is meant is “I am having difficulty in finding a better way of explaining”.

One is best to develop a ‘thick skin’ in a forum (well that’s my tactic) it is by it’s very nature a rough and tumble environment, a place to be challenged, yes?

View Post

I accept the correction, sir. Thank you. Was it with an accent? (I'm married to an Aussie).

I've been on forums for years and I really should know better.

#24 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

ikester, I was not mocking you.  I was trying to open your eyes to something, but I honestly give up. 

By the way, the Mormon god is not the God of the Bible, so I don't see what on earth you were bringing all that in for. 

My point all along is that basic data points toward the truth of Genesis as real history.

That includes the material on the speed of light.

You have been fighting it like mad, and I really don't understand why except that you seem to be absolutely paranoid about science and afraid of it. 

In the same way that I don't like what a lot of modern folk have done with music, I don't like what evolutionists have done with science.

But that does not invalidate the value of either.

View Post

I'm not paranoid of science, I do not like where it went since the introduction of evolution. So I refuse to use it on every issue concerning creation. If you disagree, then we have to agree to disagree. I'm not going to change my mind on the issue anymore than you are.

So if you can agree to disagree, we can move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users