trilobyte

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Philly

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

4jacks, How does one tree stand on each side of the river?

#22 4jacks

4jacks

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Christian
  • Maryland, Home of the Merry

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

4jacks, How does one tree stand on each side of the river?

View Post

Posted Image

So you are suggesting that the bible contains a typo?

#23 trilobyte

trilobyte

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Christian
  • Philly

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

Interesting concept, but I think what Ezekiel saw in 47:7 is a more realistic picture.

Henry Morris wrote the following

Not just one Tree of Life as in the original Garden of Eden, but many such trees will be planted there with their beautiful and nutritious fruits, freely available to all who "do His commandments"—that is, to everyone in the holy city. The fruit will be different every month,** but always "pleasant to the sight, and good for food."

Reference.

#24 4jacks

4jacks

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Christian

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

I'm sure there will be many trees around the river. However the bible is very clearly only speaks of one "tree of life"

To assume that there are more trees of life implies that the Bible contains a typo and mistakenly calls many trees a single tree.

As I stated before I believe the bible is inerrant. Meaning that it contains no typos or mistakes. You seem to disagree with that, which is a whole other debate which I rather not get into.

#25 trilobyte

trilobyte

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Christian
  • Philly

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

Somehow I doubt the tree acts like a bridge over the river. I think the Bible would have spelled that out rather than saying it is on each side of the river.

Is there any typos? Not in the original. In fact I think you are adding to Revelations by claiming the tree of Life bridges the river. At least I provided another peice of scripture that supports what I think in Ezekiel

To be honest I believe the "tree of Life" is a Genus name of tree while it has seperate species providing 12 kinds of fruit.

#26 4jacks

4jacks

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Christian

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:19 AM

Somehow I doubt the tree acts like a bridge over the river.  I think the Bible would have spelled that out rather than saying it is on each side of  the river.

What? Dude, in all seriousness, there is a LOT of stuff that the bible just doesn't "Spell out"

The topic of what Heaven will be like is one of those things, only a little is given to us (Mostly on the new city).

It seems to me like you are reacting as if I'm introducing some profound new theology.

Is there any typos? Not  in the original. 

Okay lets look at the orginal greek...
I like to use blue letter bible.
Here is a link to Rev 22:2 in its original language
http://www.bluelette...2&version=KJV#2

The word xulon is being translated as "THE TREE"
which is correct in a singular context.
http://cf.blueletter...586&Version=kjv

This word xulon in the bible is always translated as a singular tree... this can be seen on the bottom of the link i just provided.

The greek word dendron is the only greek word to be translated as "TREES" plural.
http://cf.blueletter...186&Version=kjv
you can also see this at the link provided

In fact I think you are adding to Revelations by claiming the tree of Life bridges the river.

Whoa :) Back the boat up buddy, don't pass your baggage onto me. I am arguing for a literal interpretation of the bible from it's greek into english. You are the one saying it's plural trees and all this extra fancy translation stuff.

Also, please note, i'm not saying "the tree of life bridges the river" I just pulled up a random picture to show you the possibility of one tree. You are right, revelation doesn't spell it all out, so I only know what is given, ONE TREE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE RIVER. I'm taking that as a literal translation.

Tony evans in his tape series speculates that the river literaly comes from under the tree and that is how it got on both sides. Whether the river comes from under it, or whether the tree bridges the river, I don't know, and it doesn't matter. But I do know it's one tree.

At least I provided another peice of scripture that supports what I think in Ezekiel

He's not talking about the tree of life, so it's a pretty weak support. I'm not arguing that there aren't Multiple trees in Heaven, I'm saying there is only one tree of life.

To be honest I believe the "tree of Life" is a Genus name of tree while it has seperate species providing 12 kinds of fruit.

View Post

Trilobyte, Serious man, you just accused me of adding to the scriptures, and then you say something like this. :)

The bible says that the one tree bears 12 different fruits.

I know they have hybrid trees that can do that kinda stuff now, I'll ask my wife more about it later, she was a horticulturist.

You can buy them, they have a citrus one that grows, lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruits, and stuff like that. Very Neat.

#27 trilobyte

trilobyte

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Christian
  • Philly

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

With all due respect...a tree on both sides of the river sounds like two (2) trees. Sorry if you disagree.

Fred...what do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users