Photo

If There Was Not A World Wide Flood, Explain This...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 jamesf

jamesf

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • syracuse

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

This cross-section is'nt pinpoint accurate,but it corroborates with the data provided by Wikipedia and the USGS.

Note the lower paleozoic is not found underneath the next level.
Posted Image

View Post

I believe that the line to the left of the phrase "paleozoic rocks" shows how the paleozoic rocks extends. If the area under the layered areas said Proterozoic, you might have a case.

The image you provided was created by a geologist by the name of Ron Blakely who is a geologist at Arizona State University and has written extensively on the geologic history of the Grand Staircase. Here are a couple more of his pictures if you think there is any confusion.

http://jan.ucc.nau.e...el_history.html
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you have some doubts, you can write him. I am quite confident what he will tell you. Can you show me where on Wikipedia or the USGS you saw anything that supports your view?

Could you tell my why you think forest covered by volcanic eruptions,lahars,landslides,and other local catastrophic events should of all happened during a global flood?I don't know of any creationists that would claim Mt. St. Helens occured during the flood or any other post-flood catastrophe.
Thanks.

View Post

Of course, I don't see any evidence for a worldwide flood. I see upright fossil forests showing what they appear to be. I see huge buried salt flats showing clear evidence of ancient salt lakes. I see huge old stromatolites, and animal tracks and and coral reefs and delicate crinoids buried where they lived and vast volcanic layers large enough to cover the whole earth to a depth of several feet. Do you fully realize how much volcanic material exists above the Cambrian layers on the planet? All these phenomena are not found at the lowest layers but interspersed throughout the sedimentary layers.

When I see a 50 ton stromatolite or a fossil forest or a coral reef half buried on top of 2 miles of sedimentary layers in the middle of a desert, I don't have a problem. I don't need to figure out how it was "transported" there upright. I see evidence of a form of life that grew in that spot for many thousands of years when the conditions supported that life.

#42 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • mississippi

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

I believe that the line to the left of the phrase "paleozoic rocks" shows how the paleozoic rocks extends. If the area under the layered areas said Proterozoic, you might have a case.

The image you provided was created by a geologist by the name of Ron Blakely who is a geologist at Arizona State University and has written extensively on the geologic history of the Grand Staircase. Here are a couple more of his pictures if you think there is any confusion.

http://jan.ucc.nau.e...el_history.html
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you have some doubts, you can write him. I am quite confident what he will tell you. Can you show me where on Wikipedia or the USGS you saw anything that supports your view?
Of course, I don't see any evidence for a worldwide flood. I see upright fossil forests showing what they appear to be. I see huge buried salt flats showing clear evidence of ancient salt lakes.  I see huge old stromatolites, and animal tracks and  and coral reefs and delicate crinoids buried where they lived and vast volcanic layers large enough to cover the whole earth to a depth of several feet. Do you fully realize how much volcanic material exists above the Cambrian layers on the planet? All these phenomena are not found at the lowest layers but interspersed throughout the sedimentary layers.

When I see a 50 ton stromatolite or a fossil forest or a coral reef half buried on top of 2 miles of sedimentary layers in the middle of a desert, I don't have a problem. I don't need to figure out how it was "transported" there upright. I see evidence of a form of life that grew in that spot for many thousands of years when the conditions supported that life.

View Post

Offcourse you do see evidence of a world-wide flood. You just refuse to see it, and I don't believe any of these textbook drawings. I want real pictures. These colorfully drawn pictures aren't evidence of anything.

Hows about the worlwide mass graves, the only explanation for them is flood, because thats the only way they could have been preserved. That much is obvious, because that is what sediment is. Yes, you need to figure how it was >>>>transported<<<<, because it was by massive amounts of water, that much is extremely clear also.

#43 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Missouri

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

"...much of the drainage on the Colorado Plateau may have been internal."

Catch that part of the graphic, Adam? Someone's startin' to think real-world just a little bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users