Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

I have to admit that this is a tough barrier and I'm gonna give her another go with you because I like talking with you and this maybe the statement that allows us to cross a valuable bridge together.

I would love to learn some magical way to communicate this but I think it just takes mutual respect and a willingness to befriend and understand someone personally but I suppose even that isn't a guarantee.

Okay where am I going with this?

Your response above truly reveals where the communication can be healed even between two different people like us.

Your list above are not statements that state your worldview. They may reflect and even give hints as to what your worldview is but they are conclusions not methods. There is something in your thinking that promotes your conclusions.

Give her think and see if what I said makes sense.

Adam

View Post

All of those beliefs are rooted in a respect for my fellow man, and the willingness to treat other people the way I would like to be treated myself. I'll sleep on it and give it some proper thought though.

#22 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

I believe that dogs are better than cats.

View Post

BTW, I believe this puts you in a minority among atheists.

Those cooperative social dogs are like a community of believers and cats are like atheists; "Don't come near me and I won't claw your eyes out." :)

#23 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

BTW, I believe this puts you in a minority among atheists.

Those cooperative social dogs are like a community of believers and cats are like atheists; "Don't come near me and I won't claw your eyes out." :)

View Post

It probably does :) But I've always preferred dogs. They're the kind of pet you can do things with, you can train them and they really enjoy going for a run.

Cats are just bundles of fur with sharp bits :)

#24 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

It probably does :) But I've always preferred dogs.  They're the kind of pet you can do things with, you can train them and they really enjoy going for a run.

Cats are just bundles of fur with sharp bits :)

View Post

That's funny. The flashes of symbolism are plentiful. :)

I'm glad you put this in the 'Coffee Shop' because then the conversation can meander around a little bit. :)

I've always been a dog person myself but I must say that I've had and known a couple of cats that were pretty cool so I wouldn't say I'm polarized on the issue or anything.

#25 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

That's funny. The flashes of symbolism are plentiful. :P

I'm glad you put this in the 'Coffee Shop' because then the conversation can meander around a little bit. :)

I've always been a dog person myself but I must say that I've had and known a couple of cats that were pretty cool so I wouldn't say I'm polarized on the issue or anything.

View Post

I'm about to say something that is completely off-topic, and yes it's about cats. A friend of mine a few years ago had a cat that would drink water with its paws.

I mean, the cat would literally scoop the water up and drink it with its paws. It was truly amazing to watch the cat do something very human-like. Only difference is that it was scooping the water out of a toilet.... LOL!!!

#26 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'm about to say something that is completely off-topic, and yes it's about cats.  A friend of mine a few years ago had a cat that would drink water with its paws.

I mean, the cat would literally scoop the water up and drink it with its paws.  It was truly amazing to watch the cat do something very human-like.  Only difference is that it was scooping the water out of a toilet.... LOL!!!

View Post

That's funny. Animals can have some very unique personalities. I feel like I was to hard on a couple of our new residents since this is the coffee shop but I must admit we don't spend much time getting to know each other here and we should. Jason, can we use your thread and just shoot the breeze?

I have three dogs and they're all totally different. They're all about the same size and the youngest rules the roost. He throws his 13 pounds around like he owns the place. :P

#27 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

That's funny. Animals can have some very unique personalities. I feel like I was to hard on a couple of our new residents since this is the coffee shop but I must admit we don't spend much time getting to know each other here and we should. Jason, can we use your thread and just shoot the breeze?

I have three dogs and they're all totally different. They're all about the same size and the youngest rules the roost. He throws his 13 pounds around like he owns the place. :P

View Post

Dogs, and cats can usually be very territorial with each other, and it's funny just to watch them sometimes.

I have one cat, thats been swaped from me, my sister, and to several different apartments, all just to end up back home with me at my parents house in a time span of 3 years.

The cat whos name is Butch, was a stray, and I even used to shoot at him with my plastic pellit gun, because at the time I had a female cat that he could not stay away from. Over time I guess he just came a part of the family. He has a very unique personality, everytime I come home from school or work, and park my car under the carport, he runs all the way from the porch to my drivers side door.

I have to be careful sometimes or I'll hit him with the car door. I wish I had a dog, but my sister's husband has a half wolf/german shepard that I get to associate with every once in a while he brings it over.

I too agree that we as members of this forum should learn more about each other, because I think it helps us respect and treat each other better.

#28 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

See what happens?

We just start shooting the breeze and nobody cares. :lol:

#29 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

It's taken me a while to get back to you (too many RL things happening). I would say that my world view is that of a realist. Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users