• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:30 AM

To all,

I just want to thank all those here who maintain a civil discourse in their debate. I especially want to thank the evolutionists here for maintaining conversations that are free of name calling and slander. This site is hostile to your views so I understand that the brunt of exercising patience is on your shoulders here.

Our group is growing in size and the new people here have been respectful and well mannered in their posting. I just want to say, thank you.

It's easy for any of us to get caught in the heat of the moment and be insulting and/or insulted. I've enjoyed the current balance, where I see people on both sides rising to the occasion to not let the conversations get out of hand.

Thanks for being a part of making this a good place to discuss difficult issues. I'm writing this personally but I believe others would agree.

Sincerely,
Adam

#2 chipwag64

chipwag64

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Christian
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:28 AM

I agree Adam, a lot more civil here than I've seen elsewhere

Keep up the good work all!
Chip

#3 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

To all,

I just want to thank all those here who maintain a civil discourse in their debate. I especially want to thank the evolutionists here for maintaining conversations that are free of name calling and slander. This site is hostile to your views so I understand that the brunt of exercising patience is on your shoulders here.

Our group is growing in size and the new people here have been respectful and well mannered in their posting. I just want to say, thank you.

It's easy for any of us to get caught in the heat of the moment and be insulting and/or insulted. I've enjoyed the current balance, where I see people on both sides rising to the occasion to not let the conversations get out of hand.

Thanks for being a part of making this a good place to discuss difficult issues. I'm writing this personally but I believe others would agree.

Sincerely,
Adam

View Post

I agree with chip. I think the mods here have done a great job. Very difficult to moderate any forum, let alone a debate forum. And this debate forum is possibly the most productive I've been on. It is not out of control, yet it is not restrained to the point of suffocating its members.

Nobody expects perfection and there is always going to be some colourful language and emotions that erupt, but it's pretty refrained considering what I've seen elsewhere. There is the effort in applying some respect/refrain, which isn't easy and not always earned! Slip ups can be understandable in those cases. We all have our bias to some degree! But I've been impressed with the fair treatment of all members regardless of belief.

The contrast between this and another particular forum is marked. :D No comparison. In fact, I'd use the other forum I speak about as an example of how bad it really can get.

But it's interesting to see the contrast and refreshing to be on a well run forum. And that I thank the mods and the members both. The mods for keeping the riff raff away (or at bay) and the members for conducting themselves as well as can be expected in debate.

Cheers :lol:

#4 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

And thanks for putting up wiv me :lol: [I did manage to get chucked off one forum ;) ]

#5 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

And thanks for putting up wiv me :lol: [I did manage to get chucked off one forum  :P ]

View Post

Who would dare chuck a sweet girl like you? ;)

#6 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

Who would dare chuck a sweet girl like you? :o

View Post

A blinking fundie of course :lol: mind I was making sport, I love 'em really ;)

#7 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

A blinking fundie of course  :lol: mind I was making sport, I love 'em really  ;)

View Post

Around here we put the fun back in fundamentalist. :o

I'm a fundegelical-charismatic-pew-jumpin-pentecostal. I'm surprised any forum allows me within 100 yards of their website. You're in good company. :)

#8 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

To all,

Sincerely,
Adam

View Post

I’ll have you know that I, for one, disagree with that entire statement you fundamentalist-holy rolling, pew-jumping church-a-fied Christ lover!!!

You’re welcome! :lol:

#9 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

A blinking fundie of course  :D mind I was making sport, I love 'em really  ;)

View Post

:o

I'm afraid to ask! :lol:

#10 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

We love you too man :lol:

Around here we put the fun back in fundamentalist.

And you've totally been watching to much "Adventures of Ned Flanders" :D

#11 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

And you've totally been watching to much "Adventures of Ned Flanders" :D

View Post

okally-dokally. :lol:

#12 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:42 AM

You know I used to have an insurance agent who talked just like Ned Flanders. I'm not talking about what types of things he said but actually the way he talked. It drove me crazy.

#13 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

You know I used to have an insurance agent who talked just like Ned Flanders. I'm not talking about what types of things he said but actually the way he talked. It drove me crazy.

View Post

I know what you mean Adam. I'm acquainted with some non-believers who go through life acting and talking like that (in a totally no-believer of course). :lol:

Though, I'm not sure if they’re just attempting to sucker believers in so they can change them to the atheistic world view or not! :mellow:

#14 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:11 AM

We love you too man :mellow:

View Post

Thanks, Arch. :D

You know what I think the hardest part of an internet forum is? Before I answer that, I want to acknowledge something about myself. I know that I'm hard on people and that can be construed as arrogance. I'm direct and I'm not afraid to lay out the fact that I'm here with intention and purpose. Now the hardest thing to do is to realize that new people aren't the same people that you've been talking with.

I notice almost a forum neuropathy where we will engage a conversation with a new person like it's the exact same person we were just talking with merely because they share a similar belief. Add in to that the fact that miscommunication is so easy in type, then look out! This applies coming and going and it's frustrating. It's frustrating to see people come in here thinking they can pin every aspect of us because they just had a fight with another Christian at another forum. And it is frustrating to see someone jump on top of someone just because they have atheist by their worldview and because they make some comments that have been heard before.

You have to constantly keep reminding yourself that each poster, well most posters :lol: are an individual that is worth getting to know on an individual level. I guess that's another reason I like this forum. As it grows, I hope we can keep the personal feel of it going.

You know, at the risk of putting yourself out there, it is truly beneficial to know something about the person you're talking to. I thank Alcatraz for starting some of the small talk threads that he has because they have basically put an individual, a real person, behind the posts as they should.

#15 Guest_Alcatraz_*

Guest_Alcatraz_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:39 AM

... You know, at the risk of putting yourself out there, it is truly beneficial to know something about the person you're talking to. I thank Alcatraz for starting some of the small talk threads that he has because they have basically put an individual, a real person, behind the posts as they should.

View Post

Thanks for the kind words Adam. I appreciate it. :)

As a side-bar. I'm not going to be here too much over the next wee while.

My Mum is in hospital, and my Dad doesn't keep to well, so I'll be staying up at their place until things get sorted out, and asthey haven't joined the www era yet I won't be able to pop in and out.

I've just had a couple of days Special Leave. I've got a couple of things to tie up in work, and I've then arranged to take a few days Annual Leave.

Any good thoughts you can project in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

Speak to you all later.

John.

#16 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:08 AM

Thanks for the kind words Adam. I appreciate it.  :)

My Mum is in hospital, and my Dad doesn't keep to well, so I'll be staying up at their place until things get sorted out, and asthey haven't joined the www era yet I won't be able to pop in and out.

I've just had a couple of days Special Leave. I've got a couple of things to tie up in work, and I've then arranged to take a  few days Annual Leave.

Any good thoughts you can project in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

Speak to you all later.

John.

View Post

I'm praying for you and your Mum, John.

#17 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the kind words Adam. I appreciate it.  :lol:

I've just had a couple of days Special Leave. I've got a couple of things to tie up in work, and I've then arranged to take a  few days Annual Leave.

Speak to you all later.

John.

View Post

Take care, and say hello to Mum and Dad for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users