• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Instructorus Rex_*

Guest_Instructorus Rex_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

I think this thread could be instructive to you:

http://www.evolution...?showtopic=2121

Thanks for the link, seems like a fun thread.

You could even add your example in there and see why this geological feature must defy the flood model. And if so why so?

The premise of the thread is that the creationists are always right in their explanations so I'm not throwing this out here as evidence against anything, I'm just wondering how you would explain it

Adam

PS - I would say that I primarily prescribe to Walt Browns hydroplate theory with some potential speculative modifications, if that helps set the stage for a potential fruitful future discussion.

View Post

Interesting, how does hydroplate theory heat and bend sedimentary layers that quickly without either melting them with excess heat or breaking them with excess pressure?

#82 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Missouri

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

The premise of the thread is that the creationists are always right in their explanations so I'm not throwing this out here as evidence against anything, I'm just wondering how you would explain it.

Sorry - I thought you were just asking for thoughts. I only know about the thread from the title. My current ignore list has A.Sphere, numbers, tharock220, JCoops, Keith C, Arch, Alcatraz, and Javabean on it; I don't see everything.

It sounds like an odd idea, since "creationists are always right" isn't a claim made by any creationist I have encountered. I could set them straight if I ever do encounter them. For example, creationist cosmologies which rely upon Einsteinian relativity are bound to be wrong. Creationists who attempt to employ the mythical "geologic column" as a shortcut, and associate a given "universal layer" with the flood end up either being wrong or frequently baffled/frustrated. All attempts, conscious or unconscious, to compromise with untruth will retard scientific progress, or stop it altogether. It's a lot like leaven.

Interesting, how does hydroplate theory heat and bend sedimentary layers that quickly without either melting them with excess heat or breaking them with excess pressure?

View Post

Sedimentary layers which were only partially cured wouldn't break.

#83 Guest_Instructorus Rex_*

Guest_Instructorus Rex_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

Sorry - I thought you were just asking for thoughts. I only know about the thread from the title. My current ignore list has A.Sphere, numbers, tharock220, JCoops, Keith C, Arch, Alcatraz, and Javabean on it; I don't see everything.

Ignore lists always seemed to me like a strange concept; why bother participating in a discussion board only to ignore people who disagree?

It sounds like an odd idea, since "creationists are always right" isn't a claim made by any creationist I have encountered.

I don't think it's so much an attempt to say that all creationist explanations actually are right as much as it is a way to coax those explanations out in the open whilst avoiding all of the "we are right because you are wrong" stuff.

Sedimentary layers which were only partially cured wouldn't break.

View Post

Interesting. How did these layers end up "curing" if they were uplifted into a mountainous formation while still "soft"? Sedimentary rock requires pressure from overlying layers to cement sediments together, if there is no overlying layer because the pliable "un-cured" sediment was molded and thrust upward what force turned the quasi-mud layers into sedimentary rock?

#84 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:41 AM

Ignore lists always seemed to me like a strange concept; why bother participating in a discussion board only to ignore people who disagree?

View Post

It's best to let CTD ignore some people. Trust me. ;)

#85 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

It's best to let CTD ignore some people. Trust me.  ;)

View Post

I miss badgering CTD ;)

#86 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

It's best to let CTD ignore some people. Trust me.  :)

View Post

I just started on the board and got Ignored right away! And even after I read that entire thread he pointed me towards!!!! :)

#87 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

Alright guys, I know CTD disclosed his ignore list but let's shift the discussion back to the topic of the thread and respect people's right to ignore each other on the forum, if they please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users