#1 aldeluxe

aldeluxe

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:12 AM

Did God create man before or after animals?

#2 Faith and Reason

Faith and Reason

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, violin, piano, philosophy, languages
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Minneapolis, Minnesota

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

View Post

He created man after animals.

God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (Genesis 1:25-26)

#3 aldeluxe

aldeluxe

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

He created man after animals.

God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (Genesis 1:25-26)

View Post

Hi. Thank you very much for your reply. I am totally new to this website. Hope I am replying correctly to your information by typing under it.

Thanks for pointing that out but now I'm confused because my Bible states that man came before the animals in Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground.....

and next.....

Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make an help meet for him.

and next......

Genesis 2:19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them

Maybe that's a misprint in my Bible (it's old but I treasure it still). Must be a misprint coz looking up the verses you nicely told me of in Genesis Chapter 1, I see in my Bible also that God made the beasts first, then man. Can't both be right.

I noticed this the other day and thought, funny I'd never noticed it before, after years of reading the Bible front to back over and over (and enjoying it too!).

I'll see about getting another one.

#4 Guest_The Deacon_*

Guest_The Deacon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:38 AM

First: This is probably the commonest red herring there is.
Second: That kind of argumentation doesn't last long around here.

"In this chapter (Genesis 2) are contained a summary of the works of creation on the six days, and God's resting from his works on the seventh day, and the sanctification of that, Gen_2:1 and an account of various things relating to several parts of the creation enlarged on and explained, and of various circumstances omitted in the preceding chapter, which could not so well be taken notice of there; as of a mist arising out of the earth, which watered the herbs and plants before there was any rain to fall upon them, or a man to cultivate them, Gen_2:5 and of the matter and manner of man's formation, Gen_2:7 and of the planting of the garden of Eden, and the trees that were in it, and the rivers that watered it, and sprung from it, and the course they steered, the countries they washed, and what those countries abounded with, Gen_2:8 of man's being put into it to dress it, and keep it, and of the grant he had to eat of the fruit of any of the trees in it, excepting one, which was forbidden under a penalty of death, Gen_2:15 and of all the creatures, beasts and fowls, being brought to him, to give them names, Gen_2:18 and of God's providing an help meet for him, and forming Eve out of one of his ribs, and of their marriage together, and the institution of marriage, Gen_2:21 and the chapter is concluded with observing the present state and circumstances of our first parents before they fell, Gen_2:25. " {from J. Gill}

#5 Geezer

Geezer

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Judaism Orthodox
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:16 PM

View Post

Are you being sincere or trolling? This question is often asked as a setup question to attack the validity of the creation account and as The Deacon explained - it is just not so.

If you are sincere - my apologies for this post.

#6 aldeluxe

aldeluxe

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:04 PM

Are you being sincere or trolling? This question is often asked as a setup question to attack the validity of the creation account and as The Deacon explained - it is just not so.

If you are sincere - my apologies for this post.

View Post

OK you guys. I'm out of here. I didn't come on your site to do anything but join in with discussions on theism, creation and so forth. I have never heard of trolls or trolling other than in some stupid film called Lord Of The Rings and hanging out fishing lines.

You know nothing about me, my life, my trials, my faith and you start doubting and making false judgements about me not only in your mind but also on here? Who are YOU! Beware of being perfect in thine own sight. Biggest slip up in spiritual life going.

I am deeply hurt and distressed by this whole thing. I thought you guys were cool. I thought, great, at last a website with people who you can discuss things with. Wrong! Well you all carry on back slapping each other whatever and keep your clique. I come on here with a totally valid statement and you all get paranoid and suspicious and accusing. Well, no prob. I'm out of here. There's lots of people out there who can give good association and enjoy freedom of debate. You boys are something else.

Maybe you're worried that I might bring something else up that you don't like to hear about and so I'm being given the cold shoulder treatment. HA, so much for thee of little faith. Maybe hospitality is alien to you guys. Whenever I am in the States people say, "you're welcome". This place has turned out to be the exception.

I don't have to go round defending myself mate. Not pure, not perfect, but NOT GUILTY too.

Praise Lord Jesus Christ. He's my saviour and that's good enough for me. Boy have you guys got problems.

#7 Guest_The Deacon_*

Guest_The Deacon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:46 PM

Well.

Aldelux asked me what a troll was, and I explained it. The tone of all posts regarding the OP was civil, if cautious. I am sorry that he (she?) got offended, but the nature of the www is such that sometimes the innocent are taken for the guilty. Mature individuals deal with it.

#8 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

OK you guys.  I'm out of here.  I didn't come on your site to do anything but join in with discussions on theism, creation and so forth.  I have never heard of trolls or trolling other than in some stupid film called Lord Of The Rings and hanging out fishing lines.

snip

I thought you guys were cool

View Post

We are a very cool bunch of guys, but why did you get upset with Geezer he even included a ‘pre-emptive’ apology! Methinks you do protest too much.

#9 Geezer

Geezer

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Judaism Orthodox
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:00 AM

Hi aldeluxe,
My sincere apology again. I am very willing to discuss this subject with anyone of genuine interest.
After years of experience on boards like this, I have just seen this as a setup too many times.
Come on back and discuss.
Again - apology offered.
Will

#10 Guest_nsmith505_*

Guest_nsmith505_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:06 PM

First: This is probably the commonest red herring there is.
Second: That kind of argumentation doesn't last long around here.

View Post

Deacon, I respect your right to ban anyone, and I read the forum rules. As I am new to this, I don't have much experience with trolling and spamming, but it seemed as if you jumped the gun a bit assuming Aldeluxe was trying to set you up. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and I'm sure you guys get the same questions time and time again, but wouldn't it have been more tactful to contact aldeluxe privately?

What concerns me the most, however, was the second comment you made. I understand you are trying to keep the riff raff out of the forum and I'm sure you've received your fair share of harassment, but as a newcomer, it appears as if the minute someone inquires about an area of confusion in the Bible, the first course of action is to cry "foul." To my understanding this forum invites debate, and I'm just advocating that all questions be considered legitimate until proven otherwise.

I sincerely mean no disrespect, just stating some overvations by an inquisitive newcomer.

#11 Guest_The Deacon_*

Guest_The Deacon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

Deacon, I respect your right to ban anyone, and I read the forum rules.  As I am new to this, I don't have much experience with trolling and spamming, but it seemed as if you jumped the gun a bit assuming Aldeluxe was trying to set you up.  I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and I'm sure you guys get the same questions time and time again, but wouldn't it have been more tactful to contact aldeluxe privately? 

You assumed that I didn't. Wrong. I have had extensive private communication with Aldeluxe. The question he asked is perhaps the most common opening salley where denial of the veracity of scripture is in view. For a person who says he is a Christian, and has read the Scriptures extensively, to open with that particular question is (at least ) ingenuous.

What concerns me the most, however, was the second comment you made.  I understand you are trying to keep the riff raff out of the forum and I'm sure you've received your fair share of harassment, but as a newcomer, it appears as if the minute someone inquires about an area of confusion in the Bible, the first course of action is to cry "foul."  To my understanding this forum invites debate, and I'm just advocating that all questions be considered legitimate until proven otherwise.

So your problem was with:

Aldelux asked me what a troll was, and I explained it. The tone of all posts regarding the OP was civil, if cautious. I am sorry that he (she? {correction based on better information: Aldeluxe is a 'he'}) got offended, but the nature of the www is such that sometimes the innocent are taken for the guilty. Mature individuals deal with it.

?

Sorry, but I fail to see why that comment bothers you. You see, even in a common reading by a person unfamiliar with the Bible, it is patently obvious that the second cited passage is simply a recapitulation of the events of Genesis 1, and there is no literary burden whatever to stipulate that fact for the benefit of those who miss it. It seems that many people think that the rules for Biblical interpretation are somehow different from those for interpretation of other literature. They aren't.

I sincerely mean no disrespect, just stating some overvations by an inquisitive newcomer.

View Post

I welcome you to the site, but if you have read the rules, as you said you did, then you should know that comments such as yours amount to a public challenge of the Administration, and are, de facto, unacceptable. But because I choose to make a one time public exception to that rule, please do not assume that it has become policy.

Does that seem a little harsh? Perhaps, but the matter of dealing with men's souls is vastly more important than attempting to justify every decision with regard to whether or not as poster is sincere.

#12 Christopher_John

Christopher_John

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Messianic Prophecy.<br /><br /> I work very odd hours, I will eventually get back into the discussion with you, just be patient I'm not avoiding any topic.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

Let's see if I can simplify this answer and hopefully, maybe others can use it the next time you get asked this question.

The second creation of animals in chapter two is exclusive to the garden of Eden and to the 6th day, animals had already been created on the 4th day.

Why? God wanted to see what Adam would name them.
Genesis 2:19

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

I know lots of people like to try and use this account in order to demonstrate a contradiction in the Bible, the facts are otherwise. IN any case it demonstrates Gods awsome power.

in verse 19 where it says every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air this doesnt say that every animal that was to inhabit the earth was created their nor did it imply that God created them male and female, God created only that which needed to be named, after every beast of the field and every fowl of the air which was already created on day four.

It is not a "Re-Creation" account nor is it a Biblical contradiction in fact it was one of the historical events where man got to witness Gods awsome power to create living creatures right before his eyes...Adam witnessed Gods ultimate power of creation first hand.

I could be wrong but no other man on earth ever received such a powerful honor.

Peace
CJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users