Photo

I'm In The Mood To Watch Evolutionists Squirm...

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#201 OldStyle Blues

OldStyle Blues

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Chicago

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

Lol this very same picture has already been shown as FICTIONAL in another thread.

Really? Does the Smithsonain know about this???? And herein lies yet another logical fallacy of creationism. They offer no concrete answer for the problem at hand. Instead, they offer a short-term, unsupported solution for something they can’t explain and cry but but "that's not evidence!" all the while, providing nothing to support their own assertions.

#202 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Missouri

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

Wow, 13 year old boy takes on the Smithsonian!

Where's the popcorn?

View Post

If the evomongers there were forced to behave honestly, I know how that'd come out! Might want to throw in the R.S. just to make it a little more sporting.

#203 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

Ok you've made the claim, please provide evidence to support this assertion.
You are incorrect.
Posted Image  Figure 1.4.4. Fossil hominid skulls. (Images © 2000 Smithsonian Institution.) (larger 76K JPG version)

(A) Pan troglodytes, chimpanzee, modern
(:rolleyes: Australopithecus africanus, STS 5, 2.6 My
© Australopithecus africanus, STS 71, 2.5 My
(D) Homo habilis, KNM-ER 1813, 1.9 My
(E) Homo habilis, OH24, 1.8 My
(F) Homo rudolfensis, KNM-ER 1470, 1.8 My
(G) Homo erectus, Dmanisi cranium D2700, 1.75 My
(H) Homo ergaster (early H. erectus), KNM-ER 3733, 1.75 My
(I) Homo heidelbergensis, "Rhodesia man," 300,000 - 125,000 y
(J) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, La Ferrassie 1, 70,000 y
(K) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, La Chappelle-aux-Saints, 60,000 y
(L) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, Le Moustier, 45,000 y
(M) Homo sapiens sapiens, Cro-Magnon I, 30,000 y
(N) Homo sapiens sapiens, modern  Evidence

View Post

Also the top row can be heavily associated with chimpanzees, and that sort of ape skull design. The lower half can clearly be attributed to homo sapiens. Even Aboriginie skulls have large brow ridges included on their skulls.

At absolutely no point does this show that humans have ever come from anything other than humans.

#204 Cata

Cata

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bellevue, Washington

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE.

Oldstyle why don't you address the issue at hand?

#205 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

Really? Does the Smithsonain know about this????  And herein lies yet another logical fallacy of creationism. They offer no concrete answer for the problem at hand. Instead, they offer a short-term, unsupported solution for something they can’t explain and cry but but "that's not evidence!" all the while, providing nothing to support their own assertions.

View Post

The Smithsonian is largely liberal/atheist. They are supported by evolutionist, and especially ones like you with an agenda. The pictures you provided show absolutely no factual basis for humans not coming from humans.

Yes even the smithsonian is guilty of supporting such bold face lies in the face of the innocent.

#206 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

As we're dealing here with a surrogate rather than the author himself, we have to take into account the strong possibility that the "explanation" is beyond his own understanding. The author didn't write for clarity or even compliance with evodoctrine; but rather to obscure the lack of compliance inherent in the scenario. While that was being obscured, the rest of it became less clear than it otherwise would have been.

In any case, good luck holding them to topic.

View Post

I don't respond to many of your posts because most of the time I can't tell what they mean. This one included.

View Post

Uh-huh. The clues just keep comin' in.

#207 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

Yes, I believe the topic is about the EYE not being able to evolve. Quite frankly eye evolution evidence is scant or none existant/assumed at best.

Plus this very topic has been discussed AT LENGTH in this thread alone. No evolutionist has been able to verify eye evolution successfully at this point. This thread has most likely run its course.

#208 OldStyle Blues

OldStyle Blues

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Chicago

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

Also the top row can be heavily associated with chimpanzees, and that sort of ape skull design. The lower half can clearly be attributed to homo sapiens. Even Aboriginie skulls have large brow ridges included on their skulls.

Where is the evidence supporting your assertion?

At absolutely no point does this show that humans have ever come from anything other than humans.

How does it not show it that "humans ever came from anything else"? In what way does it not show it? Where is your evidence? Where is the data? Research? Anything?
Saying that you don't agree with somthing is not enough here.

#209 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

Where is the evidence supporting your assertion?
How does it not show it that "humans ever came from anything else"? In what way does it not show it? Where is your evidence? Where is the data? Research? Anything?
Saying that you don't agree with somthing is not enough here.

View Post

Easy, the top row can be shown side by side with Chimpanzee skulls to prove my point.

The lower row of skulls can be shown side by side with Aboriginie skulls to prove my point.

Saying that these skulls show human evolution is simply not enough.

Also it should be known that different races of humans have different skull shapes and sizes. Caucasian skulls can be easily Identified from Aboriginie, and African skulls.

This shows that Homo sapiens have different variations within the kind. This all goes along with the Breeding process. All the same species, but different breeds.

All humans are one complete well defined species/kind. Each human has their distinct differences. All fully capable of successful reproduction. Meaning each and every one is of the same species which most definetly = Homo sapien.

#210 Cata

Cata

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bellevue, Washington

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

Oldstyle, you have to prove how it does support. You presented your "evidence" so you need to explain how it is "evidence."
But of course, back on topic people.

#211 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

You have never been so rude?  I simply stated a fact.  Read it this time and then reply.
Maybe the bold will help you?  I made no conclusions.  So I ask, whom is being ignorant?

View Post

I certainly meant no offense with my statement, so please accept my humble apology on that.

I have been following your posts for a while now, and I certainly would not say that you are un-educated willfully or otherwise.

My reply to your post was simply saying that just because we don't understand something it doesn't mean that it could not happen.

#212 OldStyle Blues

OldStyle Blues

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Chicago

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

Easy, the top row can be shown side by side with Chimpanzee skulls to prove my point.

The lower row of skulls can be shown side by side with Aboriginie skulls to prove my point.

Saying that these skulls show human evolution is simply not enough.

Once again, saying that you "do not agree with the evidence" is simply not enough. You need to provide data/research to back up your assertions. The evidence that has been provided contains large amounts of reference and source materials available for you to cross reference, check results and do your own research.

Albert, J., Wahlberg, J., Leitner, T., Escanilla, D. and Uhlen, M. (1994) "Analysis of a rape case by direct sequencing of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 pol and gag genes." J Virol 68: 5918-24. [PubMed]

Archie, J. W. (1989) "A randomization test for phylogenetic information in systematic data." Systematic Zoology 38: 219-252.

Arnold, C., Balfe, P. and Clewley, J. P. (1995) "Sequence distances between env genes of HIV-1 from individuals infected from the same source: implications for the investigation of possible transmission events." Virology 211: 198-203. [PubMed]

Atchely, W. R., and Fitch, W. M. (1991) "Gene trees and the origins of inbred strains of mice." Science 254: 554-558. [PubMed]

Avery, O. T., MacLeod, C. M. and McCarty, M. (1944) "Studies on the chemical nature of the substance inducing transformation of pneumococcal types." J. Exp. Med. 79:137-158.

Avise, J. C., and Wollenberg, K. (1997) "Phylogenetics and the origin of species." PNAS 94: 7748-7755. http://www.pnas.org/cgi/ content/full/94/15/7748

Bailey, T. L., and Gribskov, M. (1998) "Combining evidence using p-values: application to sequence homology searches. Bioinformatics. 14: 48-54. [PubMed]
Bajpai, S. and Gingerich, P. D. (1998) "A new Eocene archaeocete (Mammalia, Cetacea) from India and the time of origin of whales." Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 95: 15464-15468. [PubMed]

Baldauf, S. L., Roger, A. J., Wenk-Siefert, I., and Doolittle, W. F. (2000) "A kingdom-level phylogeny of eukaryotes based on combined protein data." Science 290: 972-7. [PubMed]

Behe, M.J. (1994) "Experimental support for regarding functional classes of proteins to be highly isolated from each other." In Darwinism, Science or Philisophy? Eds. Jon Buell and Virginia Hearn, Foundation for Thought and Ethics: Houston, Texas. [ARN Michael Behe Files]

Benton, M. J. (1998) "Molecular and morphological phylogenies of mammals: Congruence with stratigraphic data." Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 9: 398-407. [PubMed]

Benton, M. J., and Hitchin, R. (1996) "Testing the quality of the fossil record by groups and by major habitats." Historical Biol. 12: 111-157.

Benton, M. J., and Hitchin, R. (1997) "Congruence between phylogenetic and stratigraphic data on the history of life." Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B. 264: 885-890.

Benton, M. J., Hitchin, R., and Wills, M. A. (1999) "Assessing congruence between cladistic and stratigraphic data." Syst. Biol. 48: 581-596.

Benton, M. J., and Storrs, G. W. (1994) "Testing the quality of the fossil record: paleontological knowledge is improving." Geology 22: 111-114.

Benton, M. J., Wills, M. A., and Hitchin, R. (2000) "Quality of the fossil record through time." Nature 403: 534-537. [PubMed]

Birch, C. J., McCaw, R. F., Bulach, D. M., Revill, P. A., Carter, J. T., Tomnay, J., Hatch, B., Middleton, T. V., Chibo, D., Catton, M. G., Pankhurst, J. L., Breschkin, A. M., Locarnini, S. A. and Bowden, D. S. (2000) "Molecular analysis of human immunodeficiency virus strains associated with a case of criminal transmission of the virus." J Infect Dis 182: 941-4. http://www.journals....154/000154.html

Blanchard, A., Ferris, S., Chamaret, S., Guetard, D. and Montagnier, L. (1998) "Molecular evidence for nosocomial transmission of human immunodeficiency virus from a surgeon to one of his patients." J Virol 72: 4537-40. http://jvi.asm.org/c...ll&pmid=9557756

Box, G. E. P. (1978) Statistics for experimenters : an introduction to design, data analysis, and model building. New York: John Wiley and Sons.

Brenner, S. (1957) "On the impossibility of all overlapping triplet codes in information transfer from nucleic acid to proteins." PNAS 43:687-694.

Brown, J. R., Douady, C. J., Italia, M. J., Marshall, W. E., and Stanhope, M. J. (2001) "Universal trees based on large combined protein sequence data sets." Nature Genetics 28: 281-285. [PubMed]

Bryant, D., MacKenzie, A. and Steel, M. (2002). "The size of a maximum agreement subtree for random binary trees." In: Bioconsensus II. DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (American Mathematical Society). ed., M.F. Janowitz.

Carroll, R. L. (1988) Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution. New York: W. H. Freeman and Co.

Carroll, R. L. (1997) Patterns and Processes of Vertebrate Evolution. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Carter, G. S. (1954) Animal Evolution. London: Sidgwick and Jackson.

Czerkas, S.A., Zhang, D., Li, J. and Li, Y. (1954) "Flying dromaeosaurs." Dinosaur Museum Journal 1:97-126.

Chaterjee, S. (1997) The Rise of Birds: 225 million years of evolution. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.

Chen, P.-j., Z.-m. Dong, et al. (1998) "An exceptionally well-preserved theropod dinosaur from the Yixian formation of China." Nature 391: 147-152.

Clyde, W. C., and Fisher, D. C. (1997) "Compaing the fit of stratigraphic and morphologic data in phylogenetic analysis." Paleobiology 23: 1-19.

Crick, F. H. C., Barnett, L., Brenner, S., and Watts-Tobin, R. J. (1961) "General nature of the genetic code for proteins." Nature 192:1227-1232.

Crick, F. H. C. and Orgel, L. E. (1973) "Directed panspermia." Icarus 19:341-346.

Cunningham, C. W., Omland, K. E., and Oakley, T. H. (1998) "Reconstructing ancestral character states: a critical reappraisal." Trends in Ecology and Evolution 13: 361-366.

Darwin, C. (1872) The Origin of Species. Sixth Edition. The Modern Library, New York. [Project Gutenberg text file]

Dickerson, R. E., and Timkovich, R. (1975) cytochrome c. The Enzymes. P. D. Boyer. New York: Academic Press. 11: 397-547.

Dodson, E. O. (1960) Evolution: Process and Product. New York: Reinhold Publishers.

Domning, D. P. (2001) "The earliest known fully quadrupedal sirenian." Nature. 413: 625-627. [PubMed]

Doolittle, W. F. (1999) "Phylogenetic Classification and the Universal Tree." Science 284: 2124. [PubMed]

Doolittle, W. F. (2000) "The nature of the universal ancestor and the evolution of the proteome." Current Opinion in Structural Biology 10: 355-358. [PubMed]

Faith, D. P., and Cranston, P. S. (1991) "Could a cladogram this short have arisen by chance alone?: on permutation tests for cladistic structure." Cladistics 7: 1-28.

Farris, J. S. (1989) "The retention index and the rescaled consistency index." Cladistics 5:417-419.

Felsenstein, J. (1982) "Numerical methods for inferring evolutionary trees." Quart. Rev. Biol. 57: 379-404.

Felsenstein, J. (1985) "Confidence limits on phylogenies: an approach using the bootstrap." Evolution 39: 783-791.

Fisher, R. A. (1990) Statistical methods, experimental design, and scientific inference. Bennet, J. H. ed., Oxford: Oxford University Press.

Fitch, W. M. (1970) "Distinguishing homologous from analogous proteins." Syst. Zool. 28: 132-163.

Futuyma, D. (1998) Evolutionary Biology. Third edition. Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates.

Galton, F. and Watson, H.W. (1874) "On the probability of the extinction of families." Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 4: 138-144.

Garavelli, J. S., Hou, Z., et al. (2001) "The RESID Database of protein structure modifications and the NRL-3D Sequence-Structure Database." Nucleic Acids Research 29: 199-201. http://www.ncifcrf.gov/RESID/

Gish, D. T. (1978) Evolution? The Fossils Say No! Public School Edition, San Diego: Creation-Life Publishers.

Gilbert, S. F. (1997) Developmental Biology. Fifth edition. Sinauer Associates.

Gingerich, P., Wells, N. A., Russell, D. E., and Shah, S. M. I. (1983) "Origin of whales in epicontinental remnant seas: new evidence from the early Eocene of Pakistan." Science 220: 403-406.

Gingerich, P., Smith, B. H., and Simons, E. L. (1990) "Hind limbs of Eocene Basilosaurus: evidence of feet in whales." Science 249: 154-157.

Gingerich, P., Raza, S. M., Arif, M., Anwar, M., and Zhou, X. (1994) "New whale from the Eocene of Pakistan and the origin of cetacean swimming." Nature 368: 844-847.

Gingerich, P. D., Haq Mu, Zalmout, I. S., Khan, I. H., and Malkani, M. S. (2001). "Origin of whales from early artiodactyls: hands and feet of Eocene Protocetidae from Pakistan." Science. 293: 2239-2242. [PubMed]

Givnish, T.J., and Sytsma, K.J. (1997) "Consistency, characters, and the likelihood of correct phylogenetic inference." Mol Phylogenet Evol. 7: 320-330. [PubMed]

Goujon, C. P., Schneider, V. M., Grofti, J., Montigny, J., Jeantils, V., Astagneau, P., Rozenbaum, W., Lot, F., Frocrain-Herchkovitch, C., Delphin, N., Le Gal, F., Nicolas, J. C., Milinkovitch, M. C. and Deny, P. (2000) "Phylogenetic analyses indicate an atypical nurse-to-patient transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1." J Virol 74: 2525-32. http://jvi.asm.org/c...l&pmid=10684266

Gould, S. J. (1990) "An earful of jaw." Natural History 3: 12-23.

Gregory, W. K. (1951) Evolution Emerging: A survey of changing patterns from primeval life to man. Volume I. The Macmillan Co., New York.

Groves, C. P. (2000) "The genus Cheirogaleus: Unrecognized biodiversity in dwarf lemurs." International Journal of Primatology. 21(6): 943-962.

Gura, T. (2000) "Bones, molecules ... or both?" Nature 406: 230-233. [PubMed]

Haeckel, E. (1898) The Last Link. London: Adam and Charles Black.

Harris, T. E. (1989) The Theory of Branching Processes. New York: Dover.

Hedges, S. B. (1994) "Molecular evidence for the origin of birds." PNAS 91: 2621-2624. http://www.pnas.org/...tract/91/7/2621

Hedges, S. B., and Poling, L. L. (1999) "A molecular phylogeny of reptiles." Science 283: 998-1001. [PubMed]

Hendy, M. D., Little, C. H. C., and Penny, D. (1984) "Comparing trees with pendant vertices labelled." SIAM J. Appl. Math. 44: 1054-1065.

Hillis, D. M. (1991) "Discriminating between phylogenetic signal and random noise in DNA sequences." In Phylogenetic analysis of DNA sequences. pp. 278-294 M. M. Miyamoto and J. Cracraft, eds. New York: Oxford University Press.

Hillis, D. M., and Bull, J. J. (1993) "An empirical test of bootstrapping as a method for assessing confidence on phylogenetic analysis." Syst. Biol. 42: 182-192.

Hillis, D. M., and Huelsenbeck, J. P. (1992) "Signal, noise, and reliability in molecular phylogenetic analyses." Journal of Heredity 83: 189-195. [PubMed]

Hillis, D. M., Moritz, C. and Mable, B. K. Eds. (1996) Molecular systematics. Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates.

Hinegardner, T. T., and Engelberg, J. (1963) "Rationale for a Universal Genetic Code." Science 142: 1083-1085.

Hitchin, R., and Benton, M. J. (1997) "Congruence between parsimony and stratigraphy: comparisons of three indices." Paleobiology 23: 20-32.

Hofreiter, M., Serre, D., Poinar, H. N., Kuch, M., and Paabo, S. (2001) "Ancient DNA." Nat Rev Genet 2: 353-359.

Holmes, E. C., Zhang, L. Q., Simmonds, P., Rogers, A. S. and Brown, A. J. (1993) "Molecular investigation of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in a patient of an HIV-infected surgeon." J Infect Dis 167: 1411-4. [PubMed]

Hudson, R. R. (1992) "Gene trees, species trees and the segregation of ancestral alleles." Genetics 131: 509-513. [PubMed]

Huelsenbeck, J. P. (1994) "Comparing the stratigraphic record to estimates of phylogeny." Palaeobiology 20: 470-483.

Huelsenbeck, J. P., Ronquist, F., Nielsen, R., and Bollback, J. P. (2001) "Bayesian inference of phylogeny and its impact on evolutionary biology." Science 294: 2310-2314. [PubMed]

Ji, Q., Norell, M. A., Gao, K-Q., Ji, S-A., and Ren, D. (2001) "The distribution of integumentary structures in a feathered dinosaur." Nature 410: 1084-1088. [PubMed]

Judson, H. F. (1996) The Eighth Day of Creation: Makers of the Revolution in Biology. Expanded edition. Cold Spring Harbor Press.

Kardong, K. V. (2002) Vertebrates: Comparative Anatomy, Function, Evolution. Third ed. New York: McGraw Hill.

Klassen, G. J., Mooi, R. D., and Locke, A. (1991) "Consistency indices and random data." Syst. Zool. 40:446-457.

Kemp, J. S. (1982) Mammal-like reptiles and the origin of mammals. New York: Academic Press.

Kestenbaum, D. (1998) "Gravity Measurements Close in on Big G." Science 282: 2180-2181. http://www.sciencema...l/282/5397/2180

Krings, M., Capelli, C., Tschentscher, F., Geisert, H., Meyer, S., von Haeseler, A., Grossschmidt, K., Possnert, G., Paunovic, M., and Paabo, S. (2000) "A view of Neandertal genetic diversity." Nat Genet 26: 144-146.

Lehman, N. (2001) "Please release me, genetic code." Current Biology 11: R63-R66. [PubMed]

Li, W.-H. (1997) Molecular Evolution. Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates.

Luo, Z.-X., Crompton, A. W. and Sun, A.-L. (2001) "A new mammaliaform from the early Jurassic and evolution of mammalian characteristics." Science 292: 1535-1539. [PubMed]

Lyons-Weiler, J., Hoeker, G. A., and Tausch, R. J. (1996) "Relative Apparent Synapomorphy Analysis (RASA) I: The Statistical Measurement of Phylogenetic Signal." Mol. Biol. Evol. 13: 749-757. http://www. molbiolevol.org/cgi/content/abstract/13/6/749

Machuca, R., Jorgensen, L. B., Theilade, P. and Nielsen, C. (2001) "Molecular investigation of transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in a criminal case." Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 8: 884-90. [PubMed]

Maddison, W. P., and Maddison, D. R. (1992) MacClade. Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates.

Maley, L. E., and Marshall, C. R. (1998) "The coming age of molecular systematics." Science 279: 505-506. [PubMed]

McLaughlin, P. J., and Dayhoff, M. O. (1973) "Eukaryote evolution: a view based on cytochrome c sequence data." Journal of Molecular Evolution 2: 99-116.

Nichols, R. (2001) "Gene trees and species trees are not the same." Trends Ecol Evol. 16: 358-364. [PubMed]

Norell, M. A., and Clarke, J. A. (2001) "Fossil that fills a critical gap in avian evolution." Nature 409: 181-184. [PubMed]

Norell, M. A., Ji, Q., Gao, K., Yuan, C., Zhao, Y., and Wang, L. (2002) "'Modern' feathers on a non-avian dinosaur." Nature 416: 36-37. [PubMed]

Norell, M. A. and Novacek, M. J. (1992a) "Congruence between superpositional and phylogenetic patterns: Comparing cladistic patterns with fossil records." Cladistics 8: 319-337.

Norell, M. A. and Novacek, M. J. (1992b) "The fossil record and evolution: Comparing cladistic and paleontologic evidence for vertebrate history." Science 255: 1690-93.

Norris, J. R. (1997) Markov Chains. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Osborn, H. F. (1918) The Origin and Evolution of Life. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons.

Ou, C. Y., Ciesielski, C. A., Myers, G., Bandea, C. I., Luo, C. C., Korber, B. T., Mullins, J. I., Schochetman, G., Berkelman, R. L., Economou, A. N. and et al. (1992) "Molecular epidemiology of HIV transmission in a dental practice." Science 256: 1165-71. [PubMed]

Patterson, C., Williams, D., and Humphries, C. (1993) "Congruence between molecular and morphological phylogenies." Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 24: 153-188.

Pei, M. (1949) The Story of Language. Philadelphia: Lippincott.

Penny, D., and Hendy, M. D. (1986) "Estimating the reliability of phylogenetic trees." Mol. Biol. Evol. 3: 403-417. http://www. molbiolevol.org/cgi/content/abstract/3/5/403

Penny, D., Foulds, L. R., and Hendy, M. D. (1982) "Testing the theory of evolution by comparing phylogenetic trees constructed from five different protein sequences." Nature 297: 197-200.

Penny, D., Hendy, M. D., and Steel, M. A. (1991) "Testing the theory of descent." In Phylogenetic Analysis of DNA Sequences, eds. Miyamoto, M. and Cracraft, J., New York: Oxford University Press. pp. 155-183.

Qiang, J., Currie, P. J. et al. (1998) "Two feathered dinosaurs from northeastern China." Nature 393: 753-761.

Quinn, T. (2000) "Measuring big G." Nature 408: 919-921.

Rasoloarison, R. M., Goodman, S. M., and Ganzhorn, J. U. (2000) "Taxonomic revision of mouse lemurs (Microcebus) in the western portions of Madagascar." International Journal of Primatology. 21(6): 963-1019.

Ringe, D. (1999) "Language classification: scientific and unscientific methods." in The Human Inheritance, ed. B. Sykes. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 45-74.

Rozenski, J., Crain, P. F. et al. (1999) "The RNA Modification Database: 1999 update." Nucleic Acids Research 27: 196-197. http://medlib.med.utah.edu/RNAmods/

Sereno, P. C. (1999) "The Evolution of Dinosaurs." Science 284: 2137-2147. [PubMed]

Stanley, S. (1993) Earth and Life Through Time. New York: W. H. Freeman.

Steel, M. A., and Penny,D. (1993) "Distributions of tree comparison metrics—some new results." Systematic Biology 42: 126-141.

Strait, D. S., Grine, F. E., and Moniz, M. A. (1997) "A reappraisal of early hominid phylogeny." J Hum Evol 32: 17-82.

Swofford, D. L., Olsen, G. J., Waddell, P. J., and Hillis, D. M. (1996) "Phylogenetic inference." In Molecular Systematics, pp 407-514. Hillis, D. M., Moritiz, C. and Mable, B. K. eds., Sunderland, Massachusetts: Sinauer.

Thalmann, . U., and Geissmann, T. (2000) "Distribution and geographic variation in the western woolly lemur (Avahi occidentalis) with description of a new species (A. unicolor)." International Journal of Primatology. 21(6): 915-941.

Thewissen, J. G, Williams, E. M., Roe, L. J., and Hussain, S. T. (2001) "Skeletons of terrestrial cetaceans and the relationship of whales to artiodactyls." Nature. 413: 277-281. [PubMed]

van Roosmalen, M. G. M., van Roosmalen, T., Mittermeier, R. A., and Rylands, A. B. (2000) "Two new species of marmoset, genus Callithrix Erxleben, 1777 (Callitrichidae, Primates), from the Tapajos/Madeira interfluvium, south central Amazonia." Neotropical Primates 8(1): 2-18.

Veenstra, J., Schuurman, R., Cornelissen, M., van't Wout, A. B., Boucher, C. A., Schuitemaker, H., Goudsmit, J. and Coutinho, R. A. (1995) "Transmission of zidovudine-resistant human immunodeficiency virus type 1 variants following deliberate injection of blood from a patient with AIDS: characteristics and natural history of the virus." Clin Infect Dis 21: 556-60. [PubMed]

Voet, D., and Voet, J. (1995) Biochemistry. New York: John Wiley and Sons.

Vogel, G. (1997) "Phylogenetic analysis: getting its day in court." Science 275: 1559-60. [PubMed]

Wadsworth, H. M. (1997) Handbook of statistical methods for engineers and scientists. New York: McGraw-Hill Pub. Co.

Wang, Y. Hu, Y., Meng, J. and Li,C. (2001) "An ossified meckel's cartilage in two Cretaceous mammals and origin of the mammalian middle ear." Science 294: 357-361. [PubMed]

Wills, M. A. (1999) "Congruence between phylogeny and stratigraphy: Randomization tests and the gap excess ratio." Syst. Biol. 48: 559-580.

Wilson, E. O. (1992) The Diversity of Life. Cambridge, MA, Harvard University Press.

Wise, K. P. (1994) "The Origin of Life's Major Groups." In The Creation Hypothesis, pp. 211-234. Moreland, J. P. ed., Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.

Woese, C. (1998) "The universal ancestor." PNAS 95: 6854-6859. http://www.pnas.org/cgi/ content/full/95/12/6854

Wu, C. I. (1991) "Inferences of species phylogeny in relation to segregation of ancient polymorphisms." Genetics 127: 429-435. [PubMed]

Xu, X., Tang, Z-T., Wang, X-l. (1999) "A therizinosauroid dinosaur with integumentary structures from China." Nature 399: 350-354.

Xu, X., Zhou, Z., and Wang ,X. (2000) "The smallest known non-avian theropod dinosaur." Nature 408: 705-708 [PubMed]

Xu, X., Norell, M. A., Wang, X-l., Makovicky, P. J., and Wu, X.C. (2002) "A basal troodontid from the Early Cretaceous of China." Nature 415: 780-784. [PubMed]

Yirrell, D. L., Robertson, P., Goldberg, D. J., McMenamin, J., Cameron, S. and Leigh Brown, A. J. (1997) "Molecular investigation into outbreak of HIV in a Scottish prison." Bmj 314: 1446-50. http://bmj.com/cgi/c...ll&pmid=9167560

Yockey, H. P. (1992) Information Theory and Molecular Biology. New York: Cambridge University Press.

Yoder, A. D., Rasoloarison, R. M., Goodman, S. M., Irwin, J. A., Atsalis, S., Ravosa, M. J., and Ganzhorn, J. U. (2000) "Remarkable species diversity in Malagasy mouse lemurs (primates, Microcebus)." Proc Natl Acad Sci 97(21): 11325-30. http://www.pnas.org/cgi/ content/full/97/21/11325

Zhu, T., B. Korber, et al. (1998) "An African HIV-1 sequence from 1959 and implications for the origin of the epidemic." Nature 391: 594-597. [PubMed]

Zuckerkandl, E. and Pauling, L. (1965) "Evolutionary Divergence and Convergence in Proteins." in Evolving Genes and Proteins: a symposium held at the Institute of Microbiology of Rutgers, with support from the National Science Foundation. Eds Vernon Bryson and Henry J. Vogel. New York: Academic Press.

Reference materials for evidence of Human evolution Where may we view the evidence of the claims that you have just made refuting the Smithsonian materials?

#213 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

Once again, saying that you "do not agree with the evidence" is simply not enough. You need to provide data/research to back up your assertions. The evidence that has been provided contains large amounts of reference and source materials available for you to cross reference, check results and do your own research.  Reference materials for evidence of Human evolution Where may view the evidence of the claims that you have just made refuting the Smithsonian materials?

View Post

I've already done the research, and seen the skulls. You may want to think about that for awhile. The relationship of the skulls as I stated still stands.

Plus it should be noted that many of the articles you presented have nothing to do with Human evolution or the facts of the relationships of the skulls.

Also, if you attempt to even suggest that I reply to every single article that you presented in your post, then that will not be happening. If you would like to go over each article one by one, and in their appropriate thread, then I would very much so do that. Anything other, would be gravely going off-topic.

Remember the topic of this thread is the evolution of the EYE. A homosapien thread already exist, and we are free to discuss this further there. Actually several exist I believe.

#214 OldStyle Blues

OldStyle Blues

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Chicago

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

I've already done the research, and seen the skulls.

Ok, In what way does this show the provided evidence to be wrong? May I see the research?

Plus it should be noted that many of the articles you presented have nothing to do with Human evolution or the facts of the relationships of the skulls.

Which ones? From what I can see, After viewing most of them they show to be relevant to the subject at hand and cooborate and verify the Smithsonians presented evidence.

#215 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

Ok, In what way does this show the provided evidence to be wrong? May I see the research? Which ones? From what I can see, After viewing most of them they show to be relevant to the subject at hand and cooborate and verify the Smithsonians presented evidence.

View Post

I was hoping that you knew which ones were specific to human evolution ( such is clear that some have topics pertaining to Dinosaur to Bird evolution). Maybe you should post these in the appropriate thread so we can discuss human evolution there.

#216 Cata

Cata

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bellevue, Washington

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

1st of all, it's obvious by the way they look. Research doesn't matter in this case, you can use your own eyes.

2nd of all, BACK ON TOPIC.
scott, he's just waiting for you to post so he can make excuses for going off topic.
If you want to discuss this, do it somewhere else. This thread is about the trochlea and how it proves evolution wrong.

#217 OldStyle Blues

OldStyle Blues

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Chicago

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

I

was hoping that you knew which ones were specific to human evolution ( such is clear that some have topics pertaining to Dinosaur to Bird evolution). Maybe you should post these in the appropriate thread so we can discuss human evolution there.

As I said, it's all relative. If you are more comfortable discussing this part of the discussion in another thread then by all means lead the way. May I then see your "Evidence" and "research" that refute and/or disprove the evidence that you have been provided regarding Human evolution?

#218 OldStyle Blues

OldStyle Blues

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Chicago

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

1st of all, it's obvious by the way they look. Research doesn't matter, you can use your own eyes

. Research doesn't matter?? :rolleyes:

#219 Cata

Cata

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bellevue, Washington

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

I meant specifically when looking at the skulls. Don't play with words here, you know what I meant.

#220 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

I As I said, it's all relative. If you are more comfortable discussing this part of the discussion in another thread then by all means lead the way. May I then see your "Evidence" and "research" that refute and/or disprove the evidence that you have been provided regarding Human evolution?

View Post

Alls you need to do is look at a Chimpanzee skull, and an Aboriginie skull. O.K. since you don't understand that this is not the appropriate thread for this discussion then I will single handedly create a new thread ( what a brilliant Idea) about human evolution.

But such a thread will have to wait until tomorrow, because I have to get some sleep. If you want to make a new thread about human evolution yourself then I believe that would be ok too. I just don't have the time to upload pictures of Aboriginie and Chimpanzee skulls. My computer skills are not so sufficient, that I can present links, and pictures at a increasingly fast speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users