Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

AIP's link still isn't working... You may want to give them a call and see what's up <_<

Thursday, November 19, 2009

You've arrived at this page since the AIP online resource you requested is temporarily unavailable.

Reloading the page or using your browser's "Back" button may bring you to this page again.

If you continue to receive this message, or believe you have received this message in error, please contact our Help Desk:
Email: help@scitation.org

Phone: 1-800-874-6383 - 7:00 to 17:00 , Monday - Friday only (United States and Canada)

1-516-576-2664 - 7:00 to 17:00, Monday - Friday only (other locations)

1-516-576-2691 - 15:00 to 23:00, Monday - Friday only

(All times USA Eastern Time)

#22 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:physics, mathematics, history, bicycling, hiking, traveling, cooking, the Korean language (Han Gul)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

Its speculation, and therefore not science, but it is pretty “fantastic”. And yes, it’s just another belief system.

P.S. nice link  <_<
“The online system may be temporarily unavailable.
Please check back in a few minutes.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Scitation Customer Service: help@scitation.org
Phone: 1-800 874-6383 (U.S. and Canada)
516-576-2664 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)”

View Post

The link is to an article on Physical Review Letter D. It seems to be working now but it does warn:

Attention: Due to system maintenance, users may experience intermittent service interruptions between the hours of 3:30 and 5:30 pm EST on Thursday November 19. We apologize for any inconvenience.

#23 Guest_martemius_*

Guest_martemius_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

Its speculation, and therefore not science, but it is pretty “fantastic”. And yes, it’s just another belief system.

P.S. nice link  <_<
“The online system may be temporarily unavailable.
Please check back in a few minutes.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Scitation Customer Service: help@scitation.org
Phone: 1-800 874-6383 (U.S. and Canada)
516-576-2664 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)”

View Post

So can you just not answer his question at all?

#24 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:09 AM

So can you just not answer his question at all?

View Post

Did you not look at Post# 16? As I said before, just because you don't like the answer, doesn't make it a non answer.

#25 Guest_martemius_*

Guest_martemius_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:21 AM

Did you not look at Post# 16? As I said before, just because you don't like the answer, doesn't make it a non answer.

View Post

Do I really need to copy and paste this again?: "Could you please link me a cosmology paper that was rejected from the journals that I may read - one that promotes your ideas about cosmology, or ideas that jive with your creationist beliefs?"

#26 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:18 AM

Do I really need to copy and paste this again?: "Could you please link me a cosmology paper that was rejected from the journals that I may read - one that promotes your ideas about cosmology, or ideas that jive with your creationist beliefs?"

View Post

Ah, you don't like the answers, and now your going to nag and complain because you don't like them? Try post# 16...

#27 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:physics, mathematics, history, bicycling, hiking, traveling, cooking, the Korean language (Han Gul)
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

Ah, you don't like the answers, and now your going to nag and complain because you don't like them?

View Post

Ron - have you linked a paper? If not, then the answer is no. You cannot link a paper. I will take either of the following:

1. A creationist cosmology paper that has been rejected by the journals.
2. A mainstream cosmology paper that preaches "Evolution Theology".

I would like to get both. You have not linked either of these two and yet you keep implying that you have answered these questions - but you haven't.

#28 Guest_martemius_*

Guest_martemius_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:33 AM

Ah, you don't like the answers, and now your going to nag and complain because you don't like them?

View Post

Link me to the post where you answered that question.

#29 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

I posted this video in the Replying to The Speed Of Light thread of the Young Earth vs Old Earth forum to try and give everyone an insight into cosmology and why cosmologists are pursuing the theories that they are.  Rather than derail that thread with a discussion of the video, I thought it might be nice if we could discuss it here.

View Post

Thoughts on the part I watched--it's long.

It seems to me that if there was a big bang 14 billion years ago that there should be a 14 billion year "hollow" from point central with the galaxies on the boundary of a sphere. Otherwise the singularity continued to loose matter for billions of years so that we would see the fill of the universe.

If the singularity ran out of matter, the universe would then be expanding on a curved plane, with a large hollow, like a balloon. However the galaxies are in a soap sud formation. They have small hollows between them--not one large one.

It seems that Einstein used "math options" in his philosophical quest of the formation of the universe.

Because Hubble discovered that the universe is expanding does not infer a big bang. He discovered a secret. He can not give an all inclusive reason for this in the boundaries of a deduction.

ToE-ers believe space is curved which something you can not see.

#30 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thoughts on the part  I watched--it's long.

It seems to me that if there was a big bang 14 billion years ago that there should be a 14 billion year "hollow" from point central with the  galaxies on the boundary of a sphere.  Otherwise the singularity continued to loose matter for billions of years so that we would see the fill of the universe. 

If the singularity ran out of matter, the universe would then be expanding on a curved plane, with a large hollow, like a balloon.  However the galaxies are in a soap sud formation.  They have small hollows between them--not one large one.

View Post

It is a bit long, but there's a lot of useful information in there. The big bang wasn't an explosion of matter in the convention sense, but something like an expanding homogeneous hot soup of energy. Minor fluctuations eventually gave rise to the voids and filaments we see in the large scale structure of the universe today. (As is my understanding of the theory anyway)

It seems that Einstein used "math options" in his philosophical quest of the formation of the universe.

Because Hubble discovered that the universe is expanding does not infer a big bang.  He discovered a secret.  He can not give an all inclusive reason for this in the boundaries of a deduction.

ToE-ers believe space is curved which something you can not see.

View Post

Actually, you can see curved space. High gravitation fields bend light, much like a lens. This prediction of relativity was confirmed in 1919 during a solar eclipse and can be seen in many astronomical observations today.

#31 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Actually, you can see curved space.  High gravitation fields bend light, much like a lens.   This prediction of relativity was confirmed in 1919 during a solar eclipse and can be seen in many astronomical observations today.

View Post

Heat and telescope lenses bend light too. That has nothing to do with space or time. I have always tried to understand the ball in the middle of a sheet illustration for gravity. They are using the force of gravity on a sheet to express the force of gravity. A 2D sheet is not space. Maybe gravity is the combined power of strong nuclear force in the atoms of a massive object. Has that ever been theorized?

#32 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

Here's a primer:

Space is not filled with "nothing".  It is in fact a "foamy see" of particles winking in and out of existence.  We've measured the energy of these particles.  We even know about "vacuum energy".  Go ahead, read up on that one.

Yes, this is difficult science and if you don't want to believe it, fine.  But you can't deny that fact that science found these things.  So what did the universe come from?  We don't have all the answers but the video is a good start.

Yes, I know AIG makes and EFT loves to show videos too.  Here's the catch, this video is not just someone's wistful thinking.  There are a lot of peer-reviewed, critiqued and vigorously looked into papers that help us understand what's around us.

Yes, the "god of the gaps" is getting smaller all the time.

Here's a place to begin your search:  http://adsabs.harvar...ls_service.html

Now get something like that from Lisle.

View Post

I read a little on "vacuum energy." It seems to me that many things in science have been expanded and mixed with the philosophical views of man. I don't know alot about physics, but I have studied chemistry. I know the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle which basically says you can't know the exact position of an electron at a given time. Physicists use this as a basis of these virtual particles in vacuum energy. All are in complicated mathematical equations on a chalkboard and I doubt very much in space. You guys believe in things that "pop in and out of existence," and laugh at things like angels. At least what we can't see exists always and forever.

They are still looking for the boson FrankH.particle accelerators

The god of the gaps is an imaginary god made up in the mind of unregenerate men. The living God reveals himself to the humble.

#33 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Ron - have you linked a paper?  If not, then the answer is no. 

View Post

Post #16 anyone??? If oyu don't like the answers, simply say so!

View Post

I'll tell you what, I'll let both you and Sphere do your own leg work, as I have already answered you questions. So, it seems you just don't like the answers.

Actually, you can see curved space.  High gravitation fields bend light, much like a lens.  

View Post

Actually that is curved light... Is it not?

#34 A.Sphere

A.Sphere

AKA st_dissent

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Mississippi

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

View Post

No the space light travels through is curved. And the amount it curves is in precise agreement with General Relativity.

#35 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

No the space light travels through is curved.  And the amount it curves is in precise agreement with General Relativity.

View Post

And you've seen this "curved space" or you've seen light bent, and assume its telling you that the space is curved? Keeping in mind that there are many assumptions built into "General Relativity". :P

#36 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

View Post

Oh Ron! :P

How can anyone ever have any fun if you keep paying attention like that?

Now close your eyes and moo like the rest of the herd, okay?

#37 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

Oh Ron!  :P 

How can anyone ever have any fun if you keep paying attention like that?

Now close your eyes and moo like the rest of the herd, okay?

View Post

:lol:

#38 Guest_martemius_*

Guest_martemius_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:30 AM

View Post

The question stands.

#39 Guest_tharock220_*

Guest_tharock220_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:43 AM

Keeping in mind that there are many assumptions built  into "General Relativity". :P

View Post

The least of which is that it describes macroscopic gravitational systems far better than anything a creationist puts forth.

Wait, that isn't an assumption.

#40 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:52 AM

The least of which is that it describes macroscopic gravitational systems far better than anything a creationist puts forth. 
Wait, that isn't an assumption.

View Post

Yes…. Assumptions

Can you show me curved space, or just bent light that you are assuming is space curving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users