ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

You have 2 or 3 threads going like this. None of them are working out. you would complain that it's because certain people won't cooperate with what you want. Well it's because we see through what you want.

What you want is people to agree with you while you pretend to agree with us on some things. The thing you don't understand, we are not going to lie to satisfy what you want. Even though you setting the example by doing this means nothing to you. It's no big deal you might say. Well it is to us.

So what you see as being arrogant in some manner, we see as compromising the standards in which our lives are supposed to represent. Besides, to what goal would 2 people lie about agreeing when deep inside they really don't?

#22 PhilC

PhilC

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • UK

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

Ikester, the evidence is complicated, multi-stranded and multi-layered.

My next point may be to look at what happens with reptile embryology and then compare this with the fossil record.

If I started at that point, opponents will be able to kill the argument straight away by arguing about whether meckels cartilage exists and whether fossils do turn up in the same place all the time.

How can any discussion about the different explanations happen without both sides agreeing on what we are trying to explain?

There is empirical evidence behind the theory of evolution. My personal opinion is that creationists never actually examine the evidence thoroughly.

To look fairly at the theory of evolution, thorough examination of the evidence is necessary without resorting to theory or explanation first.

If creationists cannot even agree to these empirically verifiable comments, then it says a lot more about creationists than it does about evolution.

It is like if we were to argue about gravity and I was trying to say that aliens made it happen but I wouldn't even agree to say that things fell at 9.8 ms-1.

This and the other thread are at the most basic level. Can you think what the fact that creationists (bar one) won't even look at the most basic evidence?

#23 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

Ikester, the evidence is complicated, multi-stranded and multi-layered.

My next point may be to look at what happens with reptile embryology and then compare this with the fossil record.

If I started at that point, opponents will be able to kill the argument straight away by arguing about whether meckels cartilage exists and whether fossils do turn up in the same place all the time.

How can any discussion about the different explanations happen without both sides agreeing on what we are trying to explain?

There is empirical evidence behind the theory of evolution.  My personal opinion is that creationists never actually examine the evidence thoroughly. 

To look fairly at the theory of evolution, thorough examination of the evidence is necessary without resorting to theory or explanation first.

If creationists cannot even agree to these empirically verifiable comments, then it says a lot more about creationists than it does about evolution.

It is like if we were to argue about gravity and I was trying to say that aliens made it happen but I wouldn't even agree to say that things fell at 9.8 ms-1.

This and the other thread are at the most basic level. Can you think what the fact that creationists (bar one) won't even look at the most basic evidence?

View Post

It is one thing to debate a subject, it is a totally different thing to try and get people to agree with you or submit to your beliefs. That is the impression I get in every thread you have done on this subject.

These threads are solely designed to damage someone's faith by requiring your opponent to agree with you in order to continue. Which means you are trying a different means of evolution evangelism (conversion). This ministry is not about conversions going in that direction. So regardless of how you may try to hide it, you don't fool me. So I'm closing this thread and the others along with it. If you start another like it I will suspend you.

This has nothing to do with evidence as you will complain it does. It's your approach to trying to force it upon people. Much the same way you would complain if someone here were trying to force religion down your throat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users