Photo

Evolution Makes No Sense

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
246 replies to this topic

#241 Guest_kingreaper_*

Guest_kingreaper_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

None of my original questions were answered.

View Post

Perhaps they were not answered to your satisfaction, but I myself have answered 1, 2 and 4 out of your original questions.

To claim that they have not been answered, is to claim a falsehood.

#242 Isabella

Isabella

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Cell biology, developmental biology, genetics, zoology, anthropology.
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Vancouver, Canada

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Well Cass, it seems that you’re more comfortable ignoring my questions. That’s fine, your silence speaks volumes about your confidence on this subject.

But I really hope you don’t actually think you’ve debunked anything here. If person A makes the argument “Oranges are a better fruit than apples” and person B replies by saying, “I don’t believe that either are fruits”, neither A nor B has won. There’s simply no debate to be had if there are no common grounds in the first place.

#243 bobabelever

bobabelever

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Arizona

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

... so I'll engage.
I will note, however, that the OP does not talk about any such thing, it raises several objections to evolution but that is not one of them.

So, in fact, that is not what this topic was about. That is what you now want this topic to be about.

View Post

I disagree, I think it is the main point of the OP - how did all of life become what it is from something that is smaller than a little dot?

Here, in order:
1. If evolution is true, why is man not evolving now?
There is no evidence that man has evolved, or is evolving, in the way that [atheistic] evolutionists say that we did/do.

2. Evolution says we evolve, so what are we ment to turn into physically next?
I must be careful in answering this question because I don't believe in [atheistic] evolution. That being said, I agree that this question can not be answered by evolutionists. At the same time, we have no evidence that 'man has evolved, or is evolving, in the way that [atheistic] evolutionists say that we did/do.'

(Question 3, IMHO, is the crux of the OP.)
3. The theory of evolution states we evolved from smaller things, evolutionists say we originally were tiny in size, as small as bread crumbs and even smaller pieces of bacteria. Imagine that, this is what evolutionists believe your ancestor was:

-------------------------------> .

In case you don't see it, it's the dot (next to arrow). Evolutionists believe we started in lifeform smaller than this dot (Seriously, anyone who believes this should be locked up in a mental institution!). But my point is what came before the dot? So the dot just randomly appeared?

There is simply no evidence that any "higher form" has descended from any "lower form", none whatsoever. None has been provided by any scientist at any time! All that has been presented by [atheistic] evolutionists is imagination, speculation, assumption, etc... No hard evidence, ever!

4. How does evolution explain the conscience?
It has been attempted, by evo's in this thread, to show how having a conscience is something that has been learned over time, and thus inherited. However, there is no evidence that shows human beings did not always have a conscience. There are imagined stories about grunting cave people that walked around with clubs and hit their women over the head as the wedding ceremony, but again, this is just speculation, assumption, etc... There is no basis for thinking that human beings did not always have a conscience.

If you could give a definition of new NEW LIFE FORMS! that'd be handy.

I think you're smart enough to understand what I mean. Why don't you take a shot at it and I'll let you know if I agree/disagree with your suggestion.

If there were no dogs in the world, would breeding foxes until we had something that looked and acted like a dog count as a new life form?
Would breeding bears to make something doglike count?
Would breeding lions to something doglike?
What about breeding Rats?

These are just silly questions, the best we could hope for would be more docile foxes, bears, lions, rats. Actually, most of these animals can become fairly docile without breeding - there are many zoos and carnivals that already have them.

I stand on my point, and the OP, that evolution can not account for these things, and not one evo in this thread has done close to a good job of answering Cassiterides' questions.

#244 jason78

jason78

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Birmingham, UK

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

An evolutionist still needs to explain why (a) evolution has never been observed (b how we evolved from something from the size of a dot and © what are we meant to evolve into next?

View Post

Evolution is observed all the time in the lab and in the field. Get a job as a research biologist and you can spend all day watching evolution at work.

#245 livingdeadbeat

livingdeadbeat

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Devon

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

An evolutionist still needs to explain why (a) evolution has never been observed (b how we evolved from something from the size of a dot an d© what are we meant to evolve into next?

View Post

Yes they have been, by lots of different posters, you just chosen to ignore them. If you are going to continue just to lie then why bother asking the questions? If you’re not even interested in answers and just want to believe in your religion and never question it asking these questions was a waste of your time and the time people took to answer them.

Quite frankly, if you think illness is due to sin and that we don't have any evidence to the contrary, your world view is so far driven from the stems of reality i'm not sure if anything anyone could say or do would ever force you to rethink what you have decided to believe on faith.

a) Evolution is an observable fact. It’s been observed in labs, and i have actually done part of my uni work experience in such places. Guess what has never been observed though, life form magically appearing into existence? – Which is what you seem to believe?

On one hand you believe god is all powerful and flawless and on the other you believe he designed us, yet we have loads of “design” flaws.
The theory of evolution is the framework we use to best explain the fact of evolution. As Christian theist Francis Collins said – DNA evidence alone is enough to validate the theory of evolution.

While we are talking about facts, pathogenic theory of medicine; apparently, the millions of people who have been helped by it isn’t enough to persuade you that our understanding disease is correct and it’s not sin that causes it – I mean people knew this in 36 BC, that’s how out of date your beliefs are. According to you vaccines don’t work, even though they have basically wiped out small pox and whooping cough. We probably should have listened to you before we went ahead and built all those hospitals, could have saved ourselves billions.

:blink: “how we evolved from something from the size of a dot” – we didn’t we evolved from a common ancestor of the African ape. You’ve been told that your question was a straw man at least once, so you’ve just chosen to ignore that, or you’re lying again.

c) “what are we meant to evolve into next?” – Evolution is a tree not a ladder. You question is just wrong. For start is would require some sort of knowledge about the future that we don’t possess as organisms evolve as a result of mutations in response to environmental pressures. Also we’ll still be humans, so the question just doesn’t make any sense.

Please don’t reply with something like “You’ve been rude and called me a liar”, because either you’ve not read any of the posts or you are lying to yourself and others. That’s just a fact. We can go back through the thread and read the answers to your questions. I’ve posted the answers on page 3 or something for a start.

#246 Guest_kingreaper_*

Guest_kingreaper_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

I think you're smart enough to understand what I mean.  Why don't you take a shot at it and I'll let you know if I agree/disagree with your suggestion.

View Post

I did. Just below. you responded

These are just silly questions, the best we could hope for would be more docile foxes, bears, lions, rats.  Actually, most of these animals can become fairly docile without breeding - there are many zoos and carnivals that already have them.

So if I showed you doglike foxes, you would agree that I had demonstrated "new life forms"?

What about if I could demonstrate that the difference between wolves and chihuahua's is larger than that between wolves and foxes?

I stand on my point, and the OP, that evolution can not account for these things, and not one evo in this thread has done close to a good job of answering Cassiterides' questions.

So, you still honestly believe that Evolution claims humans are "meant to" evolve into a specific form?

It makes no such claims.

The answer to question 2 is therefore: "we're not. Your question is wrong, because you don't understand what you're arguing against", and, if polite "would you like me to explain the theory of evolution to you?"

Do you still maintain that question 2 has not been answered?

#247 Elephant

Elephant

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Branson, MO

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:13 AM

I think this thread is starting to get out of hand. I have had a few complaints and so I'm closing it.

Don't carry the attitude from here to another thread. I'm trying not to suspend or ban people but I will if I have to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users