Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:51 AM

Ron, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I would like to know the references to this:
I'm not going to debate the point, I'm too ignorant of the subject, it's just for information only.

View Post

Just a few verses (as there are many):

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

John 10:36 – “I am God's Son”

John 8:58 and 59 - "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

#22 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

***Mod Hat On***

I think we are being played with here.

1) The belief is a oxymoron.
2) To debate it, is pointless.
3) The only people defending this person's position are atheists (Atheists defending a Christian's stance is a oxymoron).
4) The argument's foundation is based upon compromise of the Christian faith.

What I believe is going on:

We get people in here all the time claiming to be things they are not. Some use it to get advantages in debates, others to help them convert those weak in the faith. Because I have been around several different types of theistic evolutionists, I know the different variations of their belief. And I can spot a faker pretty quick. So basically using this as a false world view does not work here like it may at other forums.

So what this is, is a test to test the waters type deal where the person doing this, along with his friends support, are trying to push the envelope of what we will accept. And as soon as we were to give the green light on such a belief that can be used to teach compromise of the word of God, many will try and join under it to do just that.

Michaelf, either pick a world view that best fits you, and is not oxymoronic so that you can cause trouble here. Or I will ban you. You choose that world view to try and mock us.

Your welcome thread starts a argument, which means all of your other posts will do the same. Choice is yours. Stay or go.

Also I noticed that you are using a proxy server to cover your tracks with IP:216.237.225.6 It traces to a host: mx3.sealy.com that does not even exist.

***Mod Hat Off***

#23 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

The sad thing is; he was called on it pretty quickly, and couldn't even mount a decent defense for it. As if it were a choice he hadn't completely thought through before attempting to pass it off here.

The up side to this, other than the quick exposure of fraudulence, was that before long, everyone understood it was a ruse.

Logic and knowledge wins out again.

#24 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

He has 24 hours to make his decision. If deadline is not met, I'm closing his membership account by banning him. Why? By that time you will be deemed as a troll, time waster, and a trouble maker. Not responding here or changing your world view will confirm this.

#25 PhilC

PhilC

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • UK

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

Just a few verses (as there are many):

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

John 10:36 – “I am God's Son”

John 8:58 and 59 - "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

View Post

Thanks, Ron. Are all the many references from John?

#26 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

Thanks, Ron. 

View Post

You are more than welcome Phil