• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:08 AM

[quote] name='roohif' timestamp='1318129086' post='75496']
Sorry, wasn't watching this thread.

I'm quite capable of justifying my morality, but I don't see how any answer I give changes whether it was moral for God to "kill a handful of children just because they mocked your bald hair". This thread is operating under the assumption that God exists and atheism is false; my world view is irrelevant (for now).

So ... was it moral for God to kill these children?
[/quote]

roohif,

Will you agree that if there is no God, then there can be no "absolute" morality? If there can be no absolute morality, then you are left with "relative" morality--what right for you is not right for me. So basically what you are doing here is using God's absolute moral standard to accuse God of being immoral. This is like denying that gravity exists while standing on the ground to make your argument that there is no gravity. When atheists become morally indignant, they are really be inconsistent within their worldview. please quit borrowing from my worldview.

TeeJay

#22 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

Roohif, there are a great many things about and contained in the Bible that I do not understand at present. That is okay because I do not worship the Bible, I worship Jesus Christ. I do believe in him, as his existence and resurrection are backed up by secular history and yes, He has made himself known to me. The Spirit of Christ is with me and helping me, so I trust HIM and am patient as to the development of my understanding. He does not require of us to accept the whole of the Bible or the whole of Christianity in order for us to be adopted. I may have "attachment disorder" due to my previous life experience, but God does not reject me based on this. No. As a loving adoptive parent God works with us, loving us through our flaws. We only need take one step and He will meet us the rest of the way.

#23 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

[quote] name='MamaElephant' timestamp='1318190152' post='75541']
Roohif, there are a great many things about and contained in the Bible that I do not understand at present. That is okay because I do not worship the Bible, I worship Jesus Christ. I do believe in him, as his existence and resurrection are backed up by secular history and yes, He has made himself known to me. The Spirit of Christ is with me and helping me, so I trust HIM and am patient as to the development of my understanding. He does not require of us to accept the whole of the Bible or the whole of Christianity in order for us to be adopted. I may have "attachment disorder" due to my previous life experience, but God does not reject me based on this. No. As a loving adoptive parent God works with us, loving us through our flaws. We only need take one step and He will meet us the rest of the way.
[/quote]

ME, this is a wonderful heart-felt post. I pray that roohif will hear you. Roohif knows that what you're saying to him is true, but his heart is hard towards God. Softening one's heart is something that God can't and will not do. For if He did it against a Roohif's will, then Roohif's love for God would not be possible. Love must be given freely.

Actually, I'm thinking of opening a post to argue that it's impossible to be an atheist. Roohif and all atheists are in self-denial. It's impossible for man to imagine not being or existing. This is like trying to imagine that there is nothing beyond the finite limits of the creation. In one's mind, one still can't help wonder what's beyond. "God put internity into our hearts."

So we can only pray for Roohif. But his heart is hard and I don't hold out much hope for him. See Romans 1:18; Romans 1:19; Romans 1:20; Romans 21; and Romans 1:21.

TeeJay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users