John Paul

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Muslim
  • Creationist
  • Maynard, Massachusetts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:43 PM

Here is the challenge Cal- provide any evidence that natural selection is the powerful force evolutionists make it out to be.

If you can't or refuse to do so then just stop posting in this thread. I will understand.

BTW genetic homeostasis was discovered and documented well before Sermonti. It is real and all people like you can do is to hand wave it away.

#62 Guest_Calipithecus_*

Guest_Calipithecus_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:11 AM

Here is the challenge Cal- provide any evidence that natural selection is the powerful force evolutionists make it out to be.

If you can't or refuse to do so then just stop posting in this thread. I will understand.

Please do understand. I reserve the right to ignore you completely if I choose, and if in the near future you should come to feel that I am ignoring you even more, please do not assume that it is because I have been stunned into silence by your brilliant arguments. And please do not degrade yourself by attempting to insinuate, as you have just done, that this is the only possible reason anyone might decline to respond for the umpteenth time to one of your hopelessly broad and deliberately vague challenges. That sort of low-rent tactic reflects poorly on all of the members of this forum. You may assume instead that I have come to seriously question the value of continuing to attempt to engage in genuine dialogue with someone who does not demonstrate a sincere desire to reciprocate. I may reconsider if I see you begin to make contributions of actual substance; ideas you appear to have formulated after having given a subject serious thought, and not merely sound bites cribbed from some author you admire. I don't believe in giving up on people, but it's hard to be very optimistic about the prospects.

BTW genetic homeostasis was discovered and documented well before Sermonti.

I'm interested to see what Sermonti has to say, but of course you've made it clear that I'm not going to get anything specific from you on that, so, even if I decided that it might be worth commenting, I would have to defer comment until after his book makes it to the top of my reading list (next up presently is Mark Ridley's The Red Queen).

I'm glad to see that I was at least able to help you see that the Kingsolver paper doesn't say what you were saying it said. No need to thank me, of course; my reward will be seeing you spared from the further embarassment that continuing to repeat the mistake would have brought (after all, that would have been terribly unfair, since it wasn't really your fault; you were just passing along that which was so freely given to you).

#63 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:44 AM

We try to keep warnings private. But sometimes they're not listened to. So I'm going to close the thread for a few days, and allow these posts to stay up. So both of you can reflect on how this bad attitude could have been avoided.

I do not want to resort to putting people in the cooler, or suspending them. Because most people quit coming here when I do.

John Paul: No member tells another member what to do, or what thread to post in. Only mods and admins.

Calipithecus: Regardless of what someone says, if they are out of line. It is best to report than to respond. Because when you do, it makes you look just as bad.

Thread closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users