m00nshine2004

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • New Age
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • London UK

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

I would like the name on ONE secular scientist who does not accept Evolution. If Evolution is indeed a 'fairytale' then there should be many. 

I, as yet, haven't found one! 

#2 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

One of my favorites; Dr. David Berlinski.

I pray for his salvation.

http://en.m.wikipedi...David_Berlinski

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

#4 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

I guess the "challenge" wasn't very challenging ;)

• Kairos2014 likes this

#5 want the truth

want the truth

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • n/a

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

I love listening to Berlinski.

One of my all time favorites.

#6 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

I guess the "challenge" wasn't very challenging ;)

No. It was disappointingly easy. I like good excuses to repost that video, however. :) I usually find myself rewatching it anytime I do.
  • HammerOfGod likes this

#7 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

I love listening to Berlinski.

One of my all time favorites.

Mine too. He's sharp and will spoken.

You'll see that I post stuff from a very high mix of people, beliefs and backgrounds. While I'm a committed young earth creationist, there are great criticisms being leveled against Darwin's blunder from many perspectives while Darwin unfortunately remains prominent among the medias popular intellectuals.

#8 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

I would like the name on ONE secular scientist who does not accept Evolution. If Evolution is indeed a 'fairytale' then there should be many. 

Moon,

Can you name me one Christian scientist who does not believe in a Creator God?

TeeJay

• Kairos2014 likes this

#9 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

No. It was disappointingly easy. I like good excuses to repost that video, however. smile.png I usually find myself rewatching it anytime I do.

I'm glad this thread gave you that opportunity :)

Moon,

TeeJay

Lol good question Teejay :)

#10 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Moon,

If you want to find secular scientists who do not accept evolution I suggest you search the Intelligent Design (ID) scientists.  Many of them are not Christians, according to Answers in Genesis.

TeeJay

#11 Genesis6:4

Genesis6:4

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, OOPARTS, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology, Prophecy.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Scottsdale Arizona

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Forgot about Dr. Berlinski, he absolutely kills it in those videos.

#12 Zaccarias

Zaccarias

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Christian
  • PH

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

m00nshine2004

Since the challenge was not as challenging as expected... would Moonshine concede that Evolution is indeed a fairytale? 

• gilbo12345 likes this

#13 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

Since the challenge was not as challenging as expected... would Moonshine concede that Evolution is indeed a fairytale? 

Lol well it was what was said, as you quoted before ;)

I guess Moonshine was a tad overconfident.

#14 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts
  • Christian

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

Lol well it was what was said, as you quoted before ;)

I guess Moonshine was a tad overconfident.

Where did m00nshine go? Must have had to tend to the stills... :D

#15 ClarenceBoddicker

ClarenceBoddicker

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Manitoba

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

I will grant he was overconfident. People are diverse and complex. I've seen transgendered people opposed to h*m*s*xuality (as long as they get to count as the gender they've transitioned to, not the gender they used to be.) I've met a muslim wiccan. I've met people who eat only raw food because cooked food is un-natural, but they didn't have a problem inhaling burnt marijuana. I've heard an Italian complain that it's racist how Italians are so often portrayed as mafia in the movies, and how it's obviously the fault of the Jew-run media. I've met members of the Twelve Tribes organization, started by a carnival barker in the 1960s but somehow they're the real Christian church. If I can extend it to people I've spoken with online, I've spoken with a fellow who claimed he was an atheist but also a disciple of Minerva, the Roman goddess of wisdom, 9/11 deniers that think playing with blocks equips them for saying whether the WTC could collapse from a plane, .

There is absolutely no collection of beliefs that I would confidently say some person somewhere does not claim to believe them all.

Moon,

TeeJay

See, for example, I can't name one, but I expect there's probably one out there. You probably wouldn't count him as Christian, but I'm sure he has some convoluted compartmentalized way to justify why he's still a Christian.

But what did Moonshine say?

If Evolution is indeed a 'fairytale' then there should be many.

First, if he just said IF A THEN B, and you proved B it doesn't necessarily prove A it just means he can't use this to disprove A.

Second, one is not many.

Third, your one example is a PHD in philosophy? Wikipedia describes him as "philosopher, educator, and author." Let's look through some of the supporting links, shall we? Here's a nice one:

The author spent part of 1971 as a research assistant and something of a post-doctoral fellow at the department of biology.

Part of a year as an assistant? I'm not clear what they mean by "something of" a post-doctoral fellow does that mean he wasn't officially?

I mean, if part of a year as an assistant counts, I'm a bricklayer, fire-alarm tester, zinc-stripper, smelter-worker, janitor, and bee-keeper. And I'm not done yet.

Okay, the Wiki mentions fellowships at IIASA and IHES and maybe they were longer. I don't know how long they were.

But to be fair, the first one you think of is going to be the one that's public about it, which usually means a guy who writes books or something on the subject. Once you need someone who is both a "scientist" and author, your pool shrinks.

• hewy likes this

#16 hewy

hewy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Lancaster

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

just a comment really after Clarence's excellent post....

Dr Berlinski might not accept the overwhelming evidence of evolution, its a spurious position for a scientist to be in. Given that he works at the discovery institute id say its a prerequisite.This guy however is not a practicing biologist but trained as a philosopher. What about a secular, completely independent researcher in genetics?

....Scientists are smart people... 

So not saying people cant have an opinion about evolution. But those opinions must be informed and scientific.

Most people wouldn't have anything to add to a discussion about engineering, and wouldn't try to, and yet for some reason everyone thinks they have got something to say about evolution, particularly in the US. it never goes further than "creation vs evolution" because that's the only thing the public at large are interested in, which is silly, given that one can be a theistic evolutionist if so inclined. Similarly, despite overwhelming evidence that the climate is warming due to anthropogenic emissions, some people will never accept this because it would mean, and will mean, dramatic change in our lives.

#17 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,006 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:13 AM

just a comment really after Clarence's excellent post....

Dr Berlinski might not accept the overwhelming evidence of evolution, its a spurious position for a scientist to be in.

If the evidence is overwhelming why when I ask for it on my "Evolution did it" thread that nobody obliges to give any?

Perhaps you can post some of your "overwhelming" evidence on this thread (the new version of my "Evolution did it" thread), I'm looking forward to finally seeing this so-called evidence, after asking for it multiple times.

http://evolutionfair...pic=6002&page=1

• FaithfulCenturion likes this

#18 JoshuaJacob

JoshuaJacob

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Christian
  • Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

I believe Moon asked for ONE person, not many.

• gilbo12345 likes this

#19 Paul79

Paul79

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Christian
  • Colorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

Similarly, despite overwhelming evidence that the climate is warming due to anthropogenic emissions, some people will never accept this because it would mean, and will mean, dramatic change in our lives.

Hi Hewy, Piers Corbyn would disagree with you regarding climate change due to anthropogenic emissions.

WeatherAction is involved in the Global Warming /Climate Change debate where we point out that the world is now cooling not warming and there is no observational evidence in the thousands and millions of years of data that changes in CO2 have any effect on weather or climate. There are no scientists in the world who can produce such observational data. There is only effect the other way, namely that ocean temperatures control average CO2 levels.

http://www.weatheraction.com/

Take a look and watch some of his videos on youtube. I believe they are informative; however, I wouldn't expect them to change your mind but simply give you some food for thought. Regards!

#20 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Interests:Retired science teacher with 26 yrs of experience: Biology, physical sciences, & physics.
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hewy:

Just a comment really after Clarence's excellent post....

Dr Berlinski might not accept the overwhelming evidence of evolution, its a spurious position for a scientist to be in.

"overwhelming evidence"? Actually, there isn't any. Look at any of the 'biological tree of life' diagrams and artwork. you will find the names of the various organisms at the tips of the branches (where the leaves grow on any tree of course) and then the limbs and down to the trunk. Yes, you will find those organisms as classified by Linneaus...but...you won't find the organisms that should be found in the limbs and nothing in the trunk. Those gaps have never been filled nor accounted for except in the imagination of people who have bought into the lie that 'evolution is a fact.' 

I am an ex-evolutionist. Why" Well...among other reasons:

No one has ever seen bacteria become non-bacteria over any amount of time to any degree. No one has ever observed an insect become a non-insect, nor a canine become a non-canine. etc. etc. etc. That's because it does not happen in nature of it's own accord. Only modern scientists (intelligent designers
who use genetic engineering can cause changes but virtually all of the changes they make are within the family/kind...which is exactly what one expects from the biblical model; 'after its kind'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users