Photo

Behemoth And Leviathan Mythical Creatures?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Dredge

Dredge

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Brisbane, Australia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:47 AM

If the Bible described an electric eel and we didn't have any of them extant, folks would he lined up around the blocked claiming that such a creature is obviously mythical.

The description of Leviathan would sound plausible to most readers until it gets to the part about the fire and smoke, but I don't doubt its veracity. (I'd love to see one!)

Was Johan really swallowed by a great fish in which he spent three days? Jesus seems to think so.

If a Christian can believe in the miracles described in the Bible, then a Christian should have no trouble believing that Leviathan was a real creature.
  • mike the wiz likes this

#22 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

No, and don't get me wrong, I agree.  I think the historical testimonial evidence is there and very persuasive.  I think also, the fossil evidence revealing mysterious sinus chambers is very interesting.  

But the bottom line, scripture describes a fire emitting aquatic dragon-like animal.  That has to settle it for the christian.  

Now I'm wondering if this animal was ocean or lake dwelling, or perhaps something semi-aquatic like a Spinosaur.  Got any theories or speculations on that?

Doesn't mean one shouldn't be curious to research what and how this animal could be. Just bear in mind that all our human knowledge are reconstruction as how something might be. 
https://creation.com...h-and-leviathan

There are extrabiblical descriptions of fire breathing dragons. And I don't deem that to be an impossibility, just because we don't have such animals nowadays. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users