Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Oklahoma

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

Since this is off-topic here, I would encourage others to check out the other threads here where the HPT was discussed. 

Agreed ......

Does that mean you WON'T try to get in the last word as usual???

Under this topic?   Yep.

#102 indydave

indydave

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Indianapolis, IN

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

I think I have told you several times that I agree that he is too inflexible however I think he would want to make the best use of his time especially at his age. So it could be that if he doesn't feel the conditions are just right he may decide to stay focused on other things and I can't blame him. Frankly I have been astonished at how much time he has been willing to spend with me and others. He has a standing phone time every week where he will take calls and I am sure he would take your call or someone else's who wants to challenge him as well. When you two were discussing it I thought you were being too inflexible also, however of course you didn't think you were. There are plenty of people on both sides who are unwilling to debate at all. I was speaking to him a couple of days ago and he was having to prepare for a phone debate. So it appears that at least someone is able to work out the details with him. (I don't know, it might be that that phone debate is available to audit.) Maybe the problem is with you. I have found that it is a rare person who is willing to participate in a debate like what we do here who is also well known for his writing etc. Maybe that shows that they have a lack of confidence that they would prevail in a one-on-one discussion, or it could just mean that they think their time is better spent in other ways. I would like to have seen Brown go up against Faulkner too, and I would also like Faulkner to enter our discussion here but neither one of them sees this sort of a forum as being where they want to spend their time. No offense but I have also seen in the debate realm that you have to sort of have equal status so that the other person will feel like there is something to gain by showing you up in a public way. There are very few bigger names who will take on a no-name like you or me. Do you know any big-name evolutionist that will come here and face up to hard challenges? I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure that Brown would say that he is frustrated by the fact that he cannot get someone to debate him that is widely recognized in the YE community or among well-known evolutionists. I believe Brown is certainly more well-known than you are so I guess you just have to put up with his being a little hard to get. Join the club! I would love to get certain well-known people to debate me too. Hey, I'm not sure you are worthy to debate ME so it should be no surprise that someone else might think that too.JK

#103 indydave

indydave

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Christian
  • Indianapolis, IN

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

>> The most recent review I know of was by YEC astronomer Danny Faulkner in 2013 and it pretty much trashed Brown's astronomical claims. <<

I saw that Faulkner had another review of the hydroplate theory which appeared in January this year. He referred to some discussion that he and I had in that article. He claimed that Brown had no mechanism for creating deuterium in comets and I told him that Brown explained that in his most recent writing, however Faulkner was saying that he was relying only on the 2008 Edition. I find it odd that he would say that when he decided to attack Brown's argument about a date for the flood based on periods of two comets which also was not in that 2008 ├ędition.

www.answersingenesis.org/arj/v8/astronomically_date_hydroplate.pdf

#104 indydave

indydave

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Christian
  • Indianapolis, IN

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Under this topic? Yep.

No actually as usual you had to get the last word in when you commented on the nature of the debate. So if you were truthful your answer here of yep should have been nope. I might want to add more to further show that you are wrong to keep asserting how unfair Brown is with his debate terms but then you would just have to get the last word again as usual so I probably won't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users