• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Interests:Retired science teacher with 26 yrs of experience: Biology, physical sciences, & physics.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

Please, open such a thread.
But I suggest a certain new way of discussion. In stead of listing your list of 200 reasons; you post one reason, and explain as detailed as possible --and as coherent as possible -- that single reason. When consensus (either way) is reached, we can move om to reason two. And so on. Do you seem this a good idea?

O.k. I will, but Bonedigger will probably move this to another thread. 

1. Cause and Effect. Starting with cosmic evolution of the universe from the Big Bang. Evolution cannot explain the first cause nor what it was. The Word of God tells us that that first Cause was the Creator God. Having seen His power directly with quite a few witnesses over the years, I can believe it with no problem. 

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1.

(In anticipation of the usual question: 'What caused God?' Answer: He is an eternal Being that has always existed and always will exist)

I intend to give brief answers because I cannot afford to spend all the time it takes to make long detailed posts.

Mod edit: Some 16 or so posts from the "Overwhelming Number Of Scientists Believe In Evolution" thread, including this one, were moved here.

Bonedigger

Edited by Bonedigger, 02 May 2015 - 01:38 PM.
Moved posts to this thread

#2 macten

macten

Bare Assertion Troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Nottingham, England

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

1. ToE isn't a theory of the creation of the universe or abiogenesis so your very first point is a moot one!

#3 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Interests:Retired science teacher with 26 yrs of experience: Biology, physical sciences, & physics.
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

1. ToE isn't a theory of the creation of the universe or abiogenesis so your very first point is a moot one!

You don't know what you're talking about. But I knew you would take that useless tactic. Your statement about abiogenesis doesn't fit here but I'll cover it later.

But let me show you very early on just why that position is dead wrong. Consider this from the scientists at Harvard.

6dd6d44f-c327-4f81-9ec0-108933a821e2_zps

Carl Sagan: "We are made of star-stuff.

Our bodies are made of star-stuff.
There are pieces of star within us all."

#4 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

2. Evolution cannot explain how nature somehow created matter directly contrary to the Law of Conservation of Mass.

Quote:The Law of Conservation of Mass dates from Antoine Lavoisier's 1789 discovery that mass is neither created nor destroyed in chemical reaction

http://www.nature.co...f-mass-17395478

3. Evolution cannot explain the origin of light.

But the Word of God tells us, "And God said, Let there be light, and there was light" Genesis, 1:3

4. Evolution cannot explain the origin of heat.

5. Evolution cannot explain the origin of gravitational attraction nor why it exists to begin with.

More later.

#5 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

6. Cosmic evolutionists cannot explain the expansion of our universe. They claim that the so-called 'event horizon' is perhaps up to 20 billion light yrs distant from earth but they don't have a clue as to what our universe is expanding into. What is beyond that 'event horizon' is a total mystery to them. 

But God's Word tells us that beyond the stars is the abode of God (the spirit/supernatural realm).

Psalm 113:4 The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.

Psalm 148:4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

7. Because the universe cannot be evolving and degenerating at the same time. That degeneration ( a la the entropic/degenerative factor) will eventually result in the 'heat death' of the universe, a matter so deeply disturbing to Ludwig Eduard Boltzmann, that it contributed to his suicide by hanging himself. He is the man who originally developed the science of entropy as disorder and on his gravestone is engraved the entropy equation he became famous for; 9c3ccb9671a999dd7a548f1b30873c0c.png

boltzmann_zpsyqfwbgtz.jpg

#6 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

8. No astronomer has ever observed the birth of a star.......despite cosmic evolution theory that stars are born of nebular dust and gravitational attraction. I am not talking about stars that slowly appear from behind a nebular gas cloud in distant space. That would not prove the birth of a star any more than the observation of a star appearing from behind the clouds of a night sky.

The closest thing they have to such an observation is T.Tauri. But T. Tauri is a class variable star and a prototype and it's origin was never observed.

9. All of the spiral galaxies from Andromeda (the nearest) to those that are supposed to be 12 to 15 billion light years out are mature galaxies. But that fact would be impossible if the universe is as old as evolutionists tell us. It's like waking up one morning only to discover that all of the old people and children on earth have vanished. The first question therefore would be: What happened to all the elderly and the children?

All of this serves as evidence that the entire universe was created instantaneously by the Creator God.

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

#7 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

8. There are so many anomalies in space such as the moons that are in retrograde motion to their planets and at least two of the planets themselves are spinning backwards as opposed to the motion to all the other planets. This defies the laws of physics and no one can explain why or how this happened. How can evolutionary astronomy explain this when there has never been even a partial observation that such things can happen naturally in space?

9. The speed of light is not a constant. That being so how can anyone even guess as to the age of the universe outside of divine revelation by the Creator who made it?

A paper reporting the research, posted online at arXiv.org and accepted for publication, describes hard experimental evidence that the speed of light, one of the most important constants in physics, should be thought of as a limit rather than an invariable rate for light zipping through a vacuum. https://www.sciencen...stant-after-all

http://www.livescien...t-constant.html

#8 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

11. Evolution cannot explain the origin of water, either in space or on earth.

12. Evolution cannot explain why the galaxies are quantized as measured by so many astronomers since 1973. Some of those astronomers (Napier/Guthrie) originally set out to prove that Tifft/Cockes original research on this matter was wrong but were themselves corrected by evidence they discovered that verified Tifft. A quantized universe shoots down Big Bang evolution in a big way.

#9 Bruce V.

Bruce V.

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Northern Califiornia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

If ToE wants to prove that everything can be explained by materialistic forces, than it unreasonable to assume away creation and abiogenesis.  

#10 Bruce V.

Bruce V.

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Northern Califiornia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

11. Evolution cannot explain the origin of water, either in space or on earth.

12. Evolution cannot explain why the galaxies are quantized as measured by so many astronomers since 1973. Some of those astronomers (Napier/Guthrie) originally set out to prove that Tifft/Cockes original research on this matter was wrong but were themselves corrected by evidence they discovered that verified Tifft. A quantized universe shoots down Big Bang evolution in a big way.

This is great stuff Calypsis4.

I think it is a big enough subject and deserves to be its own thread.

#11 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

This is great stuff Calypsis4.

I think it is a big enough subject and deserves to be its own thread.

Thanks, Yeah, I should have done that. I've just got so many irons in the fire right now that I am making decisions too quickly and then have to back track to correct things. I will probably make the change soon unless Bonedigger does it for me sooner.

#12 Goku

Goku

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

O.k. I will, but Bonedigger will probably move this to another thread. 

1. Cause and Effect. Starting with cosmic evolution of the universe from the Big Bang. Evolution cannot explain the first cause nor what it was. The Word of God tells us that that first Cause was the Creator God. Having seen His power directly with quite a few witnesses over the years, I can believe it with no problem. 

(In anticipation of the usual question: 'What caused God?' Answer: He is an eternal Being that has always existed and always will exist)

I intend to give brief answers because I cannot afford to spend all the time it takes to make long detailed posts.

I think the idea was to start a new thread anyway. 

As to #1 I agree that science cannot (yet) explain what caused the big bang or where it came from, although several possibilities are being explored. But there is a problem to your argument: besides that it is a blatant argument from ignorance it doesn't actually address the validity of the big bang itself (let alone biological evolution). At best it is an argument that can establish some kind of 'theistic evolution' if you will, and at worse it is a god of the gaps fallacy. 

#13 Goku

Goku

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

If ToE wants to prove that everything can be explained by materialistic forces, than it unreasonable to assume away creation and abiogenesis.  

But ToE is a scientific theory that explains the unity and diversity of life. That's it. It makes a methodological naturalism assumption as does everything in science by default, but ontologically it makes no claims about materialism or the supernatural. The scope of ToE does not extend to abiogenesis or the creation of the universe, let alone the various astronomy and physics questions Calypsis posted. 

P.S. I haven't forgotten about our other discussion, these types of posts are just much easier and quicker to write. 

#14 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Goku:

I think the idea was to start a new thread anyway. 

As to #1 I agree that science cannot (yet) explain what caused the big bang

There was no 'big bang' nor can you demonstrate that there was. There was only a big creation by a mighty big Creator.

...or where it came from, although several possibilities are being explored.

But any hypothesis that nature created matter is unscientific. I gave the law that tells us so.

But there is a problem to your argument: besides that it is a blatant argument from ignorance

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. 'Ignorance' is what evolutionists have about the origins of our world/universe. Your very first words, "I agree that science cannot (yet) explain ..." covers it all. You don't have a clue yet you tell me that our position is 'ignorance'.

it doesn't actually address the validity of the big bang itself (let alone biological evolution).

Like I've said to you before, you are so far from reality that you can't even think clearly. I made it clear from the get-go that the 'Big Bang' is a myth because it requires nature to violate the Law of Conservation of Mass. But no one can demonstrate that nature violated that law because no one can show us that matter is created by anything or under any circumstances.

At best it is an argument that can establish some kind of 'theistic evolution' if you will, and at worse it is a god of the gaps fallacy.

Your 'god of the gaps' lunacy is not respected by any creationist I know of. Positing an all powerful, all knowing God as Creator of all things is the best possible explanation for the vastly complex universe and the even more vastly complex world of living organisms that we live in. Nothing else explains it all.

• Zaccarias likes this

#15 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

This may take weeks, but here goes:

(In anticipation of the usual question: 'What caused God?' Answer: He is an eternal Being that has always existed and always will exist)

#16 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

2. Evolution cannot explain how nature somehow created matter directly contrary to the Law of Conservation of Mass.

Quote:The Law of Conservation of Mass dates from Antoine Lavoisier's 1789 discovery that mass is neither created nor destroyed in chemical reaction

http://www.nature.co...f-mass-17395478

3. Evolution cannot explain the origin of light.

But the Word of God tells us"And God said, Let there be light, and there was light" Genesis, 1:3

4. Evolution cannot explain the origin of heat.

5. Evolution cannot explain the origin of gravitational attraction nor why it exists to begin with.

#17 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

6. Cosmic evolutionists cannot explain the expansion of our universe. They claim that the so-called 'event horizon' is perhaps up to 20 billion light yrs distant from earth but they don't have a clue as to what our universe is expanding into. What is beyond that 'event horizon' is a total mystery to them. 

But God's Word tells us that beyond the stars is the abode of God (the spirit/supernatural realm).

Psalm 113:4 The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.

Psalm 148:4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

7. Because the universe cannot be evolving and degenerating at the same time. That degeneration ( a la the entropic/degenerative factor) will eventually result in the 'heat death' of the universe, a matter so deeply disturbing to Ludwig Eduard Boltzmann, that it contributed to his suicide by hanging himself. He is the man who originally developed the science of entropy as disorder and on his gravestone is engraved the entropy equation he became famous for; 9c3ccb9671a999dd7a548f1b30873c0c.png

boltzmann_zpsyqfwbgtz.jpg

#18 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

8. No astronomer has ever observed the birth of a star.......despite cosmic evolution theory that stars are born of nebular dust and gravitational attraction. I am not talking about stars that slowly appear from behind a nebular gas cloud in distant space. That would not prove the birth of a star any more than the observation of a star appearing from behind the clouds of a night sky.

The closest thing they have to such an observation is T.Tauri. But T. Tauri is a class variable star and a prototype and it's origin was never observed.

9. All of the spiral galaxies from Andromeda (the nearest) to those that are supposed to be 12 to 15 billion light years out are mature galaxies. But that fact would be impossible if the universe is as old as evolutionists tell us. It's like waking up one morning only to discover that all of the old people and children on earth have vanished. The first question therefore would be: What happened to all the elderly and the children?

All of this serves as evidence that the entire universe was created instantaneously by the Creator God.

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

#19 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

10. There are so many anomalies in space such as the moons that are in retrograde motion to their planets and at least two of the planets themselves are spinning backwards as opposed to the motion of all the other planets. This defies the laws of physics and no one can explain why or how this happened. How can evolutionary astronomy explain this when there has never been even a partial observation that such things can happen naturally in space?

11. The speed of light is not a constant. That being so how can anyone even guess as to the age of the universe outside of divine revelation by the Creator who made it?

A paper reporting the research, posted online at arXiv.org and accepted for publication, describes hard experimental evidence that the speed of light, one of the most important constants in physics, should be thought of as a limit rather than an invariable rate for light zipping through a vacuum. https://www.sciencen...stant-after-all

http://www.livescien...t-constant.html

#20 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

12. Evolution cannot explain the origin of water, either in space or on earth.

13. Evolution cannot explain why the galaxies are quantized as measured by so many astronomers since 1973. Some of those astronomers (Napier/Guthrie) originally set out to prove that Tifft/Cockes original research on this matter was wrong but were themselves corrected by evidence they discovered that verified Tifft. A quantized universe shoots down Big Bang evolution in a big way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users