• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#181 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Interests:Refuting baloney, crushing codswallop, outwitting Khan.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:21 AM

Piasan: Darwin provides a framework that explains the diversity of life, not its origin

That is such an ad nauseam P.R.A.T.T Piasan. (point refuted a thousand times) Though technically speaking it is a red-herring because it is a moot-point. It doesn't matter if biological evolution only explains the diversity of life, because abiogenesis is still invented in behalf of evolution meaning that it amounts to the same thing anyway.

To understand why abiogenesis is a part of evolution you have to do your logical-homework. I explained it in my blog but I'll try it one more time here;

THINK - if life did not evolve, could a giraffe emerge from a primordial swamp? Answer: no.

Question: why does the belief of abiogenesis exist?

Answer: so evolution can happen.

Think about it Piasan. The only reason you would need a hypothetical primordial swamp in a reduced atmosphere was to invent a fictional ancestor of life, that then gives rise to all other forms.

What does this mean logically? Well think about it - Darwin proposed that all life originated from a single common ancestor, and the only way that could happen is if an abiogenesis could create it. 

Conclusion: Abiogenesis was only introduced to explain the evolutionary concept of a common ancestor. Abiogenesis theorizes how an evolutionary ancestor got here.

The first lifeform, the common ancestor of all things, IS AN EVOLUTIONARY NOTION. So abiogenesis exists to explain an evolutionary notion.

So your common internet comment from evo-PR, "evo doesn't explain origin", doesn't really amount to much because their explanation of an abiogenesis, DEPENDS on evolution being true. 

Think about it properly, if abiogenesis is not evolution and evolution is not abiogenesis, then show an example of abiogenesis where you could have a giraffe emerge from a swamp. For if there was no theory of evolution, there would be no abiogenesis. Or are you saying that if the scientific mainstream accepted a miraculous creation they would still somehow try and theorize how giraffes were abiogenesised?

Conclusion: if there was no evolution theory, there would be no abiogenesis. If there was no abiogenesis, there would be no evolution theory if there is no scientific means to get you an ancestor because they will only accept a scientific explanation.

:acigar:

(Darwin may not have explained life's origin but he knew that his, "warm little pond" scenario was just as much a part of his theory as any other part of it.)

• Blitzking likes this

#182 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Sounds like you are an atheist...  

Every Word is Exactly what an Atheist would say  EVERY WORD..'

That's a great compliment Blitzking!

(now to guess to who, Piasan or us Atheists) :P

On a more serious note: That demonstrates that the theory of evolution does not hinge on the existence of a deity.

#183 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • California

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:59 PM

That's a great compliment Blitzking!

(now to guess to who, Piasan or us Atheists) :P

On a more serious note: That demonstrates that the theory of evolution does not hinge on the existence of a deity.

No, it just demonstrated that there are Oval Earthers out there who have deluded themselves into thinking that they can believe the world is FLAT and ROUND at the SAME TIME..

These are people who have been indoctrinated into believing the Hypothetical Hypothesis of Mindless MYO Mud to Man Myth to the point that they feel obligated to somehow try to shove the Square Peg of Abiodarwinism into the round hole of the Bible....  They don't realize that the ONLY reason that AbioDarwinism was invented was to make people like Richard Dawkins happy... Remember the words of your religious guru of Metaphysical Naturalism?

"Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled Atheist"

IT NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH SCIENCE!!!!

It has been smuggled into the realm of Science by religious fanatics of Abiodarwinism..

How many times do we have to keep on repeating the same facts over and over and over and,,,,,,,

My OP is giving me many more examples than I thought..

• Mike Summers and mike the wiz like this

#184 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:42 AM

No, it just demonstrated that there are Oval Earthers out there who have deluded themselves into thinking that they can believe the world is FLAT and ROUND at the SAME TIME..

These are people who have been indoctrinated into believing the Hypothetical Hypothesis of Mindless MYO Mud to Man Myth to the point that they feel obligated to somehow try to shove the Square Peg of Abiodarwinism into the round hole of the Bible....  They don't realize that the ONLY reason that AbioDarwinism was invented was to make people like Richard Dawkins happy... Remember the words of your religious guru of Metaphysical Naturalism?

IT NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH SCIENCE!!!!

It has been smuggled into the realm of Science by religious fanatics of Abiodarwinism..

How many times do we have to keep on repeating the same facts over and over and over and,,,,,,,

My OP is giving me many more examples than I thought..

Combining evolution and an all-knowing god is no harder then combining free-will and an all-knowing god.

If you can combine the later, the former dilemma is exactly the same (not just similar).

#185 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Christian
  • California

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

Combining evolution and an all-knowing god is no harder then combining free-will and an all-knowing god.

If you can combine the later, the former dilemma is exactly the same (not just similar).

Yes but in order to combine the Mindless MYO Mud to Man Myth of Abiodarwinism with the Judeo Christian God of the Bible (All other false gods are meaningless for all discussions and nobody cares about them anyway) you must overcome 2 Hurdles...

(1)   You must be able to believe that the Judeo Christian God of the Bible AND his Son are either Ignorant OR lying about THEIR Creation because YOU know more than they do about it.

(2)   You must be able to Provide some Empirical Scientific Evidence to support your Hypothetical Hypothesis of Chucky,,,, (which neither YOU or anyone else has EVER been able to do..)

Sounds like a problem doesn't it..

#186 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

Yes but in order to combine the Mindless MYO Mud to Man Myth of Abiodarwinism with the Judeo Christian God of the Bible (All other false gods are meaningless for all discussions and nobody cares about them anyway) you must overcome 2 Hurdles...

I'm glad you realize it without anyone having to point it out for you. 

:cry:

(1)   You must be able to believe that the Judeo Christian God of the Bible AND his Son are either Ignorant OR lying about THEIR Creation because YOU know more than they do about it.

Or just use a language that is understandable for those who wrote it down...

(2)   You must be able to Provide some Empirical Scientific Evidence to support your Hypothetical Hypothesis of Chucky,,,, (which neither YOU or anyone else has EVER been able to do..)

Despite all scientific literature ofc. Not the topic, so I won't go further on this.

• Jambobskiwobski likes this

#187 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Christian
  • California

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

Despite all scientific literature ofc. Not the topic, so I won't go further on this.

Blitzking, on 02 Aug 2016 - 9:17 PM, said:snapback.png

IM GUESSING THAT ENGLISH ISNT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE

OTHERWISE IT IS MYSTIFYING HOW YOU COULD SEE SOMETHING THAT ISNT THERE..

IT IS CLEAR WHAT WAS MEANT.

ISNT THE BIBLE AVAILABLE IN FLEMISH?

DONT WORRY, NOBODY EVER DOES..  WE BOTH KNOW WHY DONT WE..

SINCE IT IS MY OP.. I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO STRAY OFF TOPIC AND

PRESENT EMPIRICAL SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR HYPOTHETICAL

HYPOTHESIS OF MINDLESS MYO MUD TO MAN MYTH OF ABIODARWINISM..

BUT YOU WONT, BECAUSE YOU CANT, NOBODY EVER HAS, BECASUE IT DOESNT EXIST..

GOOD LUCK WITH CHUCK

#188 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:08 AM

Mate, I think you accidentally have Caps Lock on.

Here you can find how to turn it off: (press the button the arrow points at)

aid600993-728px-Turn-Off-Caps-Lock-Step-

You're welcome. :D

#189 Goku

Goku

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • USA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

All that these types of statements do is tell me that the person making them is woefully ignorant of how theistic evolution works.

#190 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:11 PM

Goku said:

All that these types of statements do is tell me that the person making them is woefully ignorant of how theistic evolution works.

What? I would like to know what you have used theistic evolution to do?

It is defeating the purpose of Darwinian evolution to involve any sort of intelligence when it comes to evolution. The simple reason he invented it was to do away with the necessity of God or intelligence.

Darwin must be spinning in his grave when Goku and others claim they believe in macro evolution and make these kind of statements. Intelligence coupled with evolution? What a non sequitur that one is. Most illogical captian.

Isn't it true Goku, that you don't believe in theistic evolution? Why are you misrepresenting yourself?

#191 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Christian
  • California

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

Yes, I am also woefully ignorant of how aliens planted DNA on this planet, I am also woefully ignorant of how a hummingbird could evolve slowly from a tree swift (glider)

I am, also woefully Ignorant of how a Frog could slowly turn into a Prince WITHOUT  EVEN GETTING A KISS FROM A PRINCESS!!

I hope you can kind of read between the lines here...    There is a hidden message in there... See if you can figure it out! It might be kind of subtle...

:gilligan:

#192 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:14 AM

Yes, I am also woefully ignorant of how aliens planted DNA on this planet, I am also woefully ignorant of how a hummingbird could evolve slowly from a tree swift (glider)

I am, also woefully Ignorant of how a Frog could slowly turn into a Prince WITHOUT  EVEN GETTING A KISS FROM A PRINCESS!!

I hope you can kind of read between the lines here...    There is a hidden message in there... See if you can figure it out! It might be kind of subtle...

That, despite this being a forum open to multiple worldviews, you're only a close minded little troll who, despite claiming otherwise, has no idea what he's talking about?

What did I win?  B)

#193 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Christian
  • California

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:53 AM

That, despite this being a forum open to multiple worldviews, you're only a close minded little troll who, despite claiming otherwise, has no idea what he's talking about?

What did I win?  B)

BECASUE I ASK YOU TO PRESENT EMPIRICAL SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR HYPOTHETICAL

HYPOTHESIS OF MINDLESS MYO MUD TO MAN MYTH OF ABIOGENESIS FOLLOWED BY DARWINIAN COMMON

ANCESTOR FOR ALL MEANS THAT I AM A "CLOSE (D) MINDED TROLL???

BUT YOU WONT, BECAUSE YOU CANT, NOBODY EVER HAS, BECAUSE IT DOESNT EXIST..

Yup, Centurian's Law has proven true once again!

#194 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:17 AM

It wasn't a quiz to find the hidden message?

#195 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Christian
  • California

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

"It wasn't a quiz to find the hidden message?"

Since you stated this..

"All that these types of statements do is tell me that the person making them is woefully ignorant of how theistic evolution works."

Yes, the hidden message was this.. Yes, I AM Ignorant about how Fairytales and Science Fiction "Works"

#196 Goku

Goku

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • USA

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:21 PM

I don't think aliens planting DNA on this planet is part of (Christian) theistic evolution, or any scientifically serious hypothesis for the origin of DNA or life (panspermia =/= aliens). As for any evolutionary sequence being 'hard to understand how it is possible', do you doubt the power of God?

#197 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Christian
  • California

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:39 PM

I don't think aliens planting DNA on this planet is part of (Christian) theistic evolution, or any scientifically serious hypothesis for the origin of DNA or life (panspermia =/= aliens). As for any evolutionary sequence being 'hard to understand how it is possible', do you doubt the power of God?

No I do not "doubt" the power of the Judeo Christian God of the Bible. I just don't believe that "Christains" should call him and his Son Liars or Ignorant about THEIR Creation and the Flood of Noah because they arrogantly think that THEY know better than THEY do and just to make Darwinists happy..  

Richard Dawkins

#198 Goku

Goku

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • USA

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

No I do not "doubt" the power of the Judeo Christian God of the Bible. I just don't believe that "Christains" should call him and his Son Liars or Ignorant about THEIR Creation and the Flood of Noah because they arrogantly think that THEY know better than THEY do and just to make Darwinists happy..  

Richard Dawkins

Theistic evolutionists don't call God or Jesus liars; they interpret scripture differently than you. The idea of interpreting Genesis non-literally has been around for thousands of years, way before Darwin. To say they do it "just to make darwinists happy" is to jettison large schools of theological thought in both Christian and Judaic tradition that have arguably been around since the beginning of each theological tradition.

What you say does not match with empirical reality.

#199 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Interests:Refuting baloney, crushing codswallop, outwitting Khan.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

Goku: Theistic evolutionists don't call God or Jesus liars; they interpret scripture differently than you. The idea of interpreting Genesis non-literally has been around for thousands of years, way before Darwin. To say they do it "just to make darwinists happy" is to jettison large schools of theological thought in both Christian and Judaic tradition that have arguably been around since the beginning of each theological tradition.

What you say does not match with empirical reality.

Argumentum ad flushbunkem. It isn't a false-dichotomy of, "either literally or non-literally", each biblical and genuine Christian accepts each particular scripture in it's true context. For Genesis, we can prove that it is historical narrative used in Genesis one, the same as in Joseph's capture and enslavement in Egypt. So why would "theologians" argue that one event is literal and one isn't?

Can you provide evidence to show that people argued that Genesis one meant we descended from a common ancestor, by showing the writings from theologians that argued that, before Darwin?

Because isn't the claim that "theistic evolutionists" say God and Jesus are liars?

Are you saying those theologians were theistic evolutionists? Because you specifically say, "theistic evolutionists" and theistic evolutionists argue a local flood and billions of years, and evolution as a metaphor, are you saying these views have been around since, "arguably the beginning of theological tradition?"

So nice bait and switch fallacy there, guru. For who mentioned anything about pre-evolutionary, "traditions"? Show your proof they accepted a local flood before Darwin.  :gotcha: 

#200 piasan

piasan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Oklahoma

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

You continue to claim that I have been "brainwashed and indoctrinated" yet you have not answered my questions:

Can I believe what I can see with my own eyes?  Can I trust the results of lab experiments I have performed?  :How about decades of experience working with electromagnetic waves in various ways... does that count for anything?  Remember what St. Augustine said about things we know to be certain from reason and experience.

and most importantly:

....  If God's creation is a deception, how can I possibly believe His word? 

Your attitude is clearly:

1)  You cannot believe what you see with your own eyes if it is in conflict with a literal Genesis.

2)  You cannot believe the lab experiments you have performed if the results are in conflict with a literal Genesis.

3)  You cannot rely on what you have learned from decades of experience working with electromagnetism if it is in conflict with a literal Genesis.

4)  It doesn't matter if virtually all of creation is nothing more than a deception, believe a literal Genesis anyway.

Oh yeah... and:

5)  If you believe what you see with your own eyes; the results of lab experiments you have performed; and what you have learned from decades of experience, then you are clearly deluded, brainwashed, and indoctrinated.

Ignoring an entire lifetime of experience is what would defy common sense and logic.

Sounds like you are an atheist...  

Every Word is Exactly what an Atheist would say  EVERY WORD..'

Recall, some time ago I told you your "response" would have lost me then and there. 

So, to you if one questions a literal Genesis, that makes one an atheist.

The questions I asked about believing what I can see with my own eyes; the results of experiments I have performed; and the philosophical/theological issues with God's creation being a deception were not those of an atheist.  They're pretty much those asked by a certain inquisitive 19-20 year old who was experiencing a crisis of faith.  Your failure to address the issues and response that I should accept a literal Genesis without question or not let the door hit my ash on the way out would have gotten a one word response ..... Goodbye. 

Fortunately, those with whom I consulted in my time of crisis didn't take that line of "persuasion."  You may call me a "compromiser," that does not make me an atheist.

I notice you didn't argue with my summary of your position ..... that I should ignore what I see; labs I have done; and a lifetime of experience whenever it conflicts with the literal word of Genesis.  That may work for you, but the mental contortions necessary to reconcile a deceptive creation with a literal Genesis and a truthful God were simply beyond my ability.

So, do you think Jesus was Lying or Ignorant  about Creation and the flood of Noah..

Jesus purpose on Earth was not to teach the vastness or complexity of God's creation.  He had a limited time to deliver His message and spoke to the people in terms they would understand.  Quantum physics and molecular biology were just a bit beyond them.  (Note:  I'm not saying they were "stupid" at that time.)

Since you Clearly know more than he does about them both your "Religious Mentors" and

St. Augustine told you so..   My OP is looking better than ever...

The proper interpretation of the message in Genesis has been a matter of dispute among Christians for at least 1600 years.

That you see those who disagree with you on these issues as mentally disturbed says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: INSANITY, FAIRY TALE, ABIODARWINISM, MENTAL ILLNESS, FANTASY, DELUSION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users