• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#201 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

As I understand it, you would state it is more ethical to strive for a diverse society rather then a monotone Caucasian or African or Asian or .. society?

I personally don't see it as a direct matter of ethics but practicality. ToE can't tell us what to value, but I am saying that if we want to value and strive for an evolutionarily fit population (which I think we should, within reason) then it would be better to have a diverse population than a monotone one, yes.

When it comes down to it, say the world is about to end and only a select few humans can survive to repopulate and I had to choose which people to save, I would not be concerned about ethics or fairness but what it would take to ensure the survival of the species.

Maybe we should call you Adolph II LOL

#202 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

I personally don't see it as a direct matter of ethics but practicality. ToE can't tell us what to value, but I am saying that if we want to value and strive for an evolutionarily fit population (which I think we should, within reason) then it would be better to have a diverse population than a monotone one, yes.

When it comes down to it, say the world is about to end and only a select few humans can survive to repopulate and I had to choose which people to save, I would not be concerned about ethics or fairness but what it would take to ensure the survival of the species.

Striving for an evolutionary fit population is redundant. Its like in free fall pushing in object downward, you might get a slight effect, but overall nothing changes.

If the world is about the end, its only then that the fitness might be relevant with regard to ethics and fairness. Its only when the population is under stress (which it isn't atm) that it plays any relevant role.

Mike Summers is back on ignore btw, the idiot is simply too dumb cause I feel that reading his posts makes me dumber each time I read them.

#203 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

Goku, on 05 Jul 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

Fjuri: Striving for an evolutionary fit population is redundant. Its like in free fall pushing in object downward, you might get a slight effect, but overall nothing changes.

Mike Summers is back on ignore btw, the idiot is simply too dumb cause I feel that reading his posts makes me dumber each time I read them.

I guess I am to stupid to bother mysef about it. No harm done! LOL

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11.
"Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." Psalm 119:165

Here is the way Iook at being rejected and ignored. Like I would tell my clients when someone they love rejects them. Mike: So one person out of 7,000,000,000 doesen't like you. Big deal! LOL

Alert the Media!. Stop the pesses! I had no idea I was so powerful my posts could make someonee dumb.

In case you hadn't noticeed this is an OP that I originated so you may want to avoid my OP's. You know--guilt by association. Since I am not an arbiter of existence, I accept everyone that exists and don't do evo's dirty work. Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I believe everyone is fit because God createus that way!

What am I supposed to do shrivel up and die because someone says I am unfit? I don't think so. I too am laughing at the sperior intilect of Khan! LOL LOL

• mike the wiz likes this

#204 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:20 AM

Fjuri: Mike Summers is back on ignore btw, the idiot is simply too dumb cause I feel that reading his posts makes me dumber each time I read them.

Mike you are not an idiot or dumb. We are all different, under Fjuri-logic, he would also be, "dumb" in some areas of thought. If you plot a kind of map of human intelligence, you would see spikes, high points for some areas of thinking and low points for others. Basically Fjuri means that if you don't agree with him he is smart and you are dumb. :rolleyes: Or if you don't understand a concept you are dumb, but there are plenty of concepts I have witnessed Fjuri to not understand also.

Increasingly it seems that as Fjuri gets frustrated with us, he feels the need to be very negative. "The idiot is simply too dumb", is a highly unnecessary comment, to say the least. Not only is it cutting and mean-spirited, but it is made against someone who is harmless which is something I guess Fjuri hasn't noticed. (have you ever known Mike to insult you?)

Oh well Mike, he said it anyway, whatever shall we do? Shall we worry and lose sleep wondering if the Fjuri-god will uncreate us and deem us to not to be worthy of Fjuri-love, or shall we concentrate on what our heavenly Father has told us?

Gee let me think, that's a hard choice for us to struggle with Mike.  :rotfl3: 

The Mikes have been uncreated before, they will be uncreated again. Hitler would be proud, fjuri.  ;)

We are not dumb and we are not an idiot, we are God's children. "fearfully and wonderfully made"

Even if we were dumb, I would rather be NICE and dumb, than intelligent and a cold-fish.

• Mike Summers likes this

#205 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:34 AM

Increasingly it seems that as Fjuri gets frustrated with us, he feels the need to be very negative. "The idiot is simply too dumb", is a highly unnecessary comment, to say the least. Not only is it cutting and mean-spirited, but it is made against someone who is harmless which is something I guess Fjuri hasn't noticed. (have you ever known Mike to insult you?)

Oh well Mike, he said it anyway, whatever shall we do? Shall we worry and lose sleep wondering if the Fjuri-god will uncreate us and deem us to not to be worthy of Fjuri-love, or shall we concentrate on what our heavenly Father has told us?

Gee let me think, that's a hard choice for us to struggle with Mike.  

The Mikes have been uncreated before, they will be uncreated again. Hitler would be proud, fjuri.  

As apposed to calling someone else a new Hitler which is very positive, right?  ;)

#206 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:24 AM

Metaphorically you tend to eliminate people by neurotic-annihilation if they don't meet your, "shoulds". (putting them on your ignore list). The reference to Hitler is a metaphorical one.

Just lighten up. Stop eating Belgian balrogs for supper, so that we won't take the flack once they have ran their course. :D

And here is your riddle for the day.

If all Bifurs are Bofurs and all Bofurs are Thrains, are all Bofurs, Balrogs if Balrogs are Bifurs when Bofurs are Thrains and only when Bifurs aren't Bofurs when Balrogs are Bifurs?

:yoda:  ;)

• Mike Summers likes this

#207 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

Yes, when you insult its metaphor, joking around etc, when we act similar we need to lighten up. LOL mate.

And Balrogs don't exist according to your riddle.

#208 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:17 AM

I have never threatened to put Fjuri or anyone on my ignor list. I don't have one. That would be incongruent for me as I believe God created us and if I didn't like what God created I might as well tell him I don't like Him (God). Not!

Although my psychologist buddies tell me rejection is the most difficult emotion to deal with, God says he will never let us be tempted above what we are able. I have never been tempted above what I am able! (nor has anyone else!

What I have been trying to teach since I have been here is that no one can insult us by "magic" words-- sound coming out of our mouth or symbols appearing on a computer screen!! What does it takes to get some people to realize that. How many ways can I say, You are doing to to yourself and the only way to stop is to quit!

#209 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:42 AM

One of the sub-names I give those that have emebrace atheissm/ evolution is arbiter's of existence.

Just recently I was put on ignore by an alleged atheist. In psychology it is believed that rejection of another being we probably want to like us is one  of the "hardest" behaviors from another being we have to deal with. In fact it's called a negative control tactic and is discouraged.

I have noticed when you disagree with those that allege atheism they resort to ignore as an attempt to control. I have argued that atheists often exceed their knowledge base so I won't repeat that argument now. But their Jehovian like decree of who can and can't exist is especially noticed when it's aimed at sweet, innocent little old me. :) LOL My experience with them tends to confirm that their belief in who can or can not exist (God) also gets aimed at anyone they disagree with. Ignoring someone talking to you is the same as claiming they (you) don't exist or at least is "unfit" to discuss an issue with them. how god like (not the nice one) but rather like the fallen angel.

The vast majority of alleged atheists believe it's ok to kill littlee babies (aborting the most harmless). They arbitrarily proclaim survival of the fittest. Little babies are deemed unfit. but when someone aborts an baby murder they scream bloody murder. admittedly the abortion of a baby murder might have been a little "late term... However they fail to appreciate the irony. Alleged Atheists often are violent in their opposition to the idea of God and "know" even though they themselves are intelligent that no one can exist that is smarter than them. Can you believe their arrogance? Instead of realizing their folly they will anger themselves at what I say about their choice to exceed propriety. Too bad. I have been rejected so many times I am getting good at it and hardly notice :) LOL

I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d banish us – you know! --Emily Dickinson, 1830 - 1886

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users