Goku

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • USA

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

I just saw this on facebook and thought I should share it.

http://www.charisman...ists-just-turned-from-false-gods-to-jesus-christ

The short version is that 200,000 Tibetans over the last year have converted to Christianity. The reason is the 2015 Nepalese earthquake that devastated the region, and the outpouring of support they got from the Christian community in contrast to the lack of support they received from other religions.

As an atheist I won't preach about how we know you are Christian by your love, or how the Bible declares that the religion your God accepts as pure and unadulterated is to look after those in need, but it is something to ponder, including the power of such conviction.

• gilbo12345 and mike the wiz like this

#2 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:06 PM

Goku: The short version is that 200,000 Tibetans over the last year have converted to Christianity. The reason is the 2015 Nepalese earthquake that devastated the region, and the outpouring of support they got from the Christian community in contrast to the lack of support they received from other religions.

As an atheist I won't preach about how we know you are Christian by your love, or how the Bible declares that the religion your God accepts as pure and unadulterated is to look after those in need, but it is something to ponder, including the power of such conviction.

What an admssion! "I am not saying what I am saying" What's go into you?

#3 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Interests:Refuting baloney, crushing codswallop, outwitting Khan.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:50 AM

But I think Goku means well on this one Mike. We can't expect him to be a Christian if he isn't one, I think we have to respect that it is his freewill decision. Personally we have to see, that from his point of view this might evidence Christianity's true impact but it isn't proof that it is true. perhaps that's how he sees it, that it's certainly good confirmation-evidence, and is acknowledging it in that regard.

Goku reads things with a fair minded view, and doesn't bother with personal attacks, he isn't aggressive, etc...I think this time he was just flying our flag a bit because he's one of the good guys. 

I think we can appreciate his objectivity. Not many anti-theists could even accept that 200,000 figure and would probably spend a lot of time trying to argue that it is not true.

Naughty baba mike! :D  take a baba spank for our friend,  the guru!   ;)

• gilbo12345 likes this

#4 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:01 AM

But I think Goku means well on this one Mike. We can't expect him to be a Christian if he isn't one, I think we have to respect that it is his freewill decision.

Certainly, as someone who used to be forceful in attempting to convert, I've seen first-hand how doing such can actually push people away from God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users