• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:59 AM

My dad used to say that a good idea becomes a bad idea when carried to a ridiculous extreme.

I think it's that way with the concept "group." The current idea is that we as individuals can belong to a group.  from just an informal organizational term  group has become an entity. To me that's where the idea group goes astray.

I was at the doctors office when my seat mate asked me what race I was? I informed him that I was a member of the human race--the only race I recognize. "No, I mean what ethnic group do you belong to?" I responded being a bit coy, "Well, you see, I don't believe you can own people. I was born and raised in America."

About that time he started becoming frustrated. He said he was Afro-American. He decided I was was white and then launched into a diatribe about how my ancestors had waylaid his ancestors and brought them over to America as slaves.

As a psychotherapist, I recognied his ploy. I see it all the time. My seat mate was a consumate victim/ blame placer. An injustice collector. According to his logic, I was responsible for what "my" people did to his people.

I do not identify as a skin color but as a unique individual with a unique name my mom and dad gave me at birth. I gave up the concept of race over 20 years ago. Gee, I thought to myself, do I have run a disclaimer for being an individual? I never had slaves and I was not responsble for what other idividuals did before I was born. I am an individual and I think we all are. Do I have to run a disclaimer? I do not feel responsble for what a bunch of dead folks did long ago. I hold myself responsible for what I do but, I do not hold myself responsible for what other individuals do. "Ahh yes, i thought to myself, the illusion of fusion."

He countered with, "You are ashamed of your race." "No, I am not. Race is an idea, a concept. Do you not understand my speech? I do not have, or belong to a race! Race is in my mind a concept or idea arbitrarily defined--as my dad said an idea carried to a rdiculous extreme. The idea group was created by a human. It is non living. Race, or group is not a concious entity. We all act unilateally.

Is "group" and "race" ideas whose time has past?

• mike the wiz likes this

#2 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

One of the things wearing a label, especially a negarive one, helps its bearers to do is collect injustices. This neurotic agreement encourages the "illusion of fusion." We belong to a group whether we want to or not. Worse ye it's not a "group" we choose. We automatically belong to the group at conception.

Evo's are often at the forefront in categorizing people into grroups while speaking out of the other side of their mouth--contradicting themseles. Consider, Darwin's categorizing the diivision of the human race into five groups.

The United Natitoins now recognizes over 5,000 different ethnic groups. lol

Here's how it works. One "member' of a "group" does somethng to a "member" of another "group". When that happens, the deception kicks in. "'They' are attackig 'my' people!", the individual says to himself. Then everybody in the groups that has formed the neurotic agreements offends themseles on cue. I mean it really gets ridculous.

In the US and others countries whole populations have rioted destorying and loolting over one such incident. Often people that wouldn't give each other the time of day, join forces to hate the members of the "offending" group even though only one "member" of the group did the wrong. Yep, we can obsevre it all over our world all the time.

When people cross the dotted line on the map, they are immediately part of an offending group and "belong" to an opposing country. I guess the maps dotted line has some sort of magical powers. lol It's like we all cease being human caused by things we have no control over--like our phsyical features which allow us to be identified as individuals. Almost no one seems to realize the incongruencey. Instead we gullibly swallow this nonsense and perpetuate it.

If alleged atheists think their independance from religion would allow them to be more objective, I haven't observed it. Believing in evo hasn't seemed to help! What evo scientists teache against the race idea? Dawkins and Hawkins seem mute.They seem obsessed with how we got here rather than how to enoy and stay here.
The "real" issue is an individuals beliefs that cause dysfunction. The problem with the term "religion" is that it says little about what the individual philosopical rules are hiding below the particular label. Relgion's rules are individualized. The indidual decides which one he wants and want not to pply. Philosophical concepts are eclectic and often concflict others in the indiidual's collection.

Recently, several killings have occured under the guise of "racial" conflict (humans fighting humans). Like Satan wants, divide and conqueor--all thanks to neurotic agreements--the illusion of fusion and the illusion of race (i.e  someone belonging  to a different group). Whenever someone does wrong (even if he or she are the police, the wrong can not be logically carried to a group). Why?  Because we are individuals!This tactic only makes a bad situation worse. Violence is individually caused. It is best treated thusly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users