• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Refuting baloney, crushing codswallop, outwitting Khan.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:33 AM

So let me get this straight, so I am clear in my thinking. I have to believe that this is what happened?

Attached File  evo p-take.jpg   57.47KB   1 downloads

• Blitzking likes this

#2 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • California

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

So let me get this straight, so I am clear in my thinking. I have to believe that this is what happened?

attachicon.gifevo p-take.jpg

Exactly! AND you are already letting them have the assumption that the "Earliest" creatures were somehow magically able to evolve themselves from MUD!  It takes 100 times the faith to believe in the Hypothetical Hypothesis of Mindless MYO Mud to Man than it does in the book of Genesis..

So, just to make it clear, we have the following models..

(1) Slow plodding incremental Darwinian Evolution...

(2) Punctuated Equilibrium and Hopeful Monsters...

(3) 500 MYO "Living Fossils"

So therefore "Evolution" is

(1) Slow

(2) Fast

(3) Static

See how easy it is when one writes up a Science Fiction novel About The Past?

You get to make it up as you go along! After all.... Who is Going to PROVE YOU WRONG!!

#3 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Mud-to-Magistrate Evolution sounds and looks plausible, until you start thinking about it. 

I take the guess you are arguing that, when Amoeba-to-Artist took almost half a billion years to happen, why did there not happen much half a billion year before that? I think that's valid. But I guess the excuse will be that "something happened" between the phases, that was "a real game changer".

They can keep you guessing all the time whether that is really the case and whether that is really causal in the matter. Until they're confronted with the next problem, and then they start over again. They don't insist on certainty, or so they say, but they get pretty pissed, when you challenge their narrative and world view. Lot's of people's belief in Evolution depends on accepting a number of premises or what premises they would be excluding a priori. 

#4 popoi

popoi

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Kentucky

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:06 AM

You expect me to believe that you flew to a different continent in 12 hours, when I haven't moved more than 20 miles in that time? Hogwash!

#5 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Popoi: You expect me to believe that you flew to a different continent in 12 hours, when I haven't moved more than 20 miles in that time? 

The difference being that with your example there are two stories. Planes can fly and they can stand still, which is a proven fact. What are the proven facts of life from the fossils? Answer: that they reproduce according to kind. If you don't believe me, see my "list of unchanged organisms" thread.

Ergo, your plane is not analogous because plane-flight is proven, evolution isn't, so it still remains implausible to believe that in 400 million years jellyfish would remain jellyfish and have no evolutionary, "need" to change, yet all of those other creatures that are in stable environments, needed to change to the level of an immensely bizarre story.

Like Blitzking said, evo has any ability the evolutionists creates for it.

It's a contradiction. If all of those cambrian forms haven't changed then why would all of that macro-evolution happen in those other areas to just an extreme degree of overkill without a trace?

Doesn't matter what you say, it's rationally incredulous. Deep down I think you must know it is.

#6 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

Is this another topic where no real substance is posted?

Ergo, your plane is not analogous because plane-flight is proven, evolution isn't, so it still remains implausible to believe that in 400 million years jellyfish would remain jellyfish and have no evolutionary, "need" to change, yet all of those other creatures that are in stable environments, needed to change to the level of an immensely bizarre story.

What stable environments?

#7 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:07 AM

Is this another one-liner from Fjuri? :P

#8 Fjuri

Fjuri

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

Is this another one-liner from Fjuri? :P

That's as much text as your original post..

So far my replies here in this topic contained 2 ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users