Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Oklahoma

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:22 AM

The result is that the pressure of the jets when they reach the top of the chasm would be equal to about 8.6 million atmospheres. I may decide to post the image here later but I am not at my PC.

Let's look at 8.6 million atmospheres as an initial pressure at the moment the pressure breaks through the surface.  Comparing this to the blast effect of a (1 megaton) hydrogen bomb.  According to atomicarchive.com:

Blast effects are usually measured by the amount of overpressure, the pressure in excess of the normal atmospheric value, in pounds per square inch (psi).

After 10 seconds, when the fireball of a 1-megaton nuclear weapon has attained its maximum size (5,700 feet across), the shock front is some 3 miles farther ahead. At 50 seconds after the explosion, when the fireball is no longer visible, the blast wave has traveled about 12 miles. It is then traveling at about 784 miles per hour, which is slightly faster than the speed of sound at sea level.

Peak overpressure    Maximum Wind Speed

50 psi                           934 mph

20 psi                           502 mph

10 psi                           294 mph

5 psi                             163 mph

2 psi                             70 mph

Notice, at a pressure of only 20 psi (1.36 atm) wind speed is over 500 mph (800kph).  Indy proposes a pressure more than 6,300,000 times as great.  Further, the energy of Brown's release will be backed up by a continuous release of escaping matter lasting on the order of several seconds.  The pressure of a nuclear blast is generated in a single pulse of energy lasting a fraction of a millionth of a second:

99.99% of the energy is released in ,,, .00000008 seconds. ....

Immediately after the explosion time, .... the pressures are estimated to be many million atmospheres.

The difference being that in Brown's scenario, the high pressures will last for a million (or so) times longer than they do in a nuclear explosion.  And Brown's eruption takes place along a 46,000 mile front, not a single point.  There will be considerable transfer of energy to the atmosphere.

In addition, this is a cyclic process....

As I said, and you never replied to, a partial shutting of the mouth to the SWC would increase the speed of the jets. Now do you have a reply to that or not? Also I am not sure how important this fluttering is anyway. I believe it is a vestigial argument left over from before the time when Brown included launching of asteroids. When I did a calculation, this added very little impetus to the jets compared with the heating from nuclear processes. I believe that perhaps the flutter is only needed in order to produce the compression and stretching of the Granite so that there would be high voltage which is produced. You may as well abandon this line of argument because it helps my view by increasing the velocity. Like I said before, it is like how the speed of water from a hose will increase when you start closing down the opening.

This is as good a time as any to respond to that....

At first the speed of the jets will increase, just like your hose does.  As shut down is approached, the speed of those jets will slow down and stop... again, just like your hose does.

The fluttering is important because it increases turbulence greatly which will increase "leakage" of energy to the atmosphere.

With regard to abandoning this line of argument.... not while Brown says this in his book:

... the sagging edge of the plate (fluttering at about one cycle every 30 minutes, as explained on page 609) slammed into the chamber floor for the last time ... (emphasis Pi's)

Brown clearly implies the crust "slammed into the chamber floor" more than once and he says the flutter has a 30 minute cycle.  IIRC, Brown says his chamber is over a mile (1.6 km) deep, so it would take a minimum of 38 seconds from "full open" to "slamming" into the chamber floor.

Now, Indy claims that doesn't mean a complete shut-down of the flow every 30 minutes.  I respond that "slamming" into the chamber floor will result in a complete, or nearly complete shut down.  Otherwise, why mention it at all? 

Yet Indy still insists it is grossly unfair to Brown's model to suggest even one millionth of the launch energy could possibly leak into the atmosphere.

:dono:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brown, hydroplate, flood, noah, meteorite, astronomy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users