• Please log in to reply
741 replies to this topic

#741 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • Interests:Refuting baloney, crushing codswallop, outwitting Khan.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

What If: science hasn't demonstrated ID.
science hasn't even identified an intelligence, much less located it.
the only intelligence i'm aware of is that which resides in animals.
OTOH, there seems to be an intelligence operating within the cell.
i cannot say there is, or isn't, an unknown "force", because i simply do not know.

Scientifically and logically we can directly evaluate and detect intelligent design by definition, and by experiment I can show that my test would not fail ever, even once. To understand more, read message one in this thread;

http://evolutionfair...ething-like-id/

(Here is my challenge - put any object in front of me, number them all, and I will tell you which ones are intelligently designed. Of course I may need a lab analysis for some objects, for example, something that looks like a rock but is a very realistic prop, so that I can ascertain if artificial materials have been used.)

This as an experiment, as described in message one, is FARCICAL of course. Why? Because we already know all of the things my experiment would tell us. We already know that a test could be made to find out that which is intelligently designed, and that we could easily discern that which is from that which isn't, because by definition, intelligent design has certain features.

It's called the law of identity. The same experiment could be done on a human, a human by definition, has human anatomy, DNA, blood, human sentience, skin, etc..so to say, "mike is not human" is absurd, because by identity I am. In the same way certain objects have the defining features of design.

The part you are correct about, is that any intelligent design argument shouldn't be conflated with the separate argument, as to Who/what that designer is. So I agree we can't detect the intelligent designer, but the intelligent designs the designer makes, are detectable and factual.

#742 what if

what if

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:17 PM

i also believe that transposons played a vital part by mimicking the behavior of HGT.

i proposed earlier that epigenetics effected a kind of "restart".
this "restart" could explain how cells become differentiated.

it's really crazy how i came up with an "epigenetic restart" scenario.
i was running things through my mind and it just sort of fell out.

well, take a gander at this:
Resetting of the epigenome in human primordial germ cells (hPGCs) is critical for development.
- www.cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(15)00564-4.

i bet my hypothesis about transposons mimicking HGT is also true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users