• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

As some of you know, here at EFF we have a better class of people, more objective, reasonable. Sure, throughout the year we disagree. Recently I went back to EvC forum and WOW - what a difference. The same, sneering, condescending attitudes. Apparently I can't read and don't know what words mean, all of the usual personal attacks. :rolleyes:. Almost makes me think that Goku and Fjuri should be knighted or something, it wasn't a shock to realise the spite/antagonism still goes on there, considering the enemy has them all on a string;

So I wrote a poem that covers some of a creationists vocabulary. (yours truly). "some" being the operative word;Attached File  baba smiley cigar.jpg   1.7KB   0 downloads Just a bit of fun for a Christmas thread...

(enjoy).........(wets his mouth with water.......and begins........ ;)

Anyone can learn things, even the children, they are not minions, bunions or young guns, their brains absorb faster than Einsteinien onions. If we want we can discuss abscission, photosynthesis, apoptosis, tuberculosis or metamorphosis. The difference between Heterozygosity and homozygosity, loci or codons, synthase or kinesin, brushed or brushless, coaxial or flybarless, commutators or medicine. Homologies and homoplasies, fancy fleas and melted cheese. If you want we can talk about anthropopathism, tautologies and fallacies, bad manners and appendices. We can learn about post hoc ergo propter hoc, observer bias, memory bias, confirmation bias or any bias. We can talk about geochronomoters, and monitors, or even monomers, rather than polymers. 

Or perhaps we can dice over racemic aminos, while brachiating over to homochiralic well,... aminos. I could fill you in on crocodilomorph morphology, progenitors and phylogeny, monophyla and polyphyla but it may well take a while, yeah... Uniformitarianism and catastrophism, armeneism or Calvinism. Pre-trib or post-trib, ad hoc or and old sock. We could even discuss the canard of old Haeckel, ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny, ....that will sure wake you! 

Will branchial folds ever really be gill slits, I guess only when fugacious angiosperms become slick gits. Will old canards ever be broken? Like add nauseum pots of self-righteous hokum! We can talk about syllogisms, tollens and induction, affirming the consequent, o holy modus ponen! Or shall we term an appeal to authority? Argumentum ad verecundiam, ipse dixit by warranty? A conundrum! Paradoxes and nitwits, de facto or ipso facto? Ad baculum, Ad Logicam, ad populum ad infinitum! By golly by jove how heroic you are, for knowing english by few and by far! Flagellums and flotsom, where on earth is my jetsom? We can discuss the fallacy of composition, or the law of superposition, imposition or s@x position. Tu quoque, quid pro quo or billio. cest la vie, mikey glee or whatever is on the tv. 

Magneticism and kineticism, and angular momentum. centrifugal pseudo-forces, the absence of centripetal horses! But roses are flowers, that are not that kind of petal, Morses'! like your beloved old science aint no exotic metal! Holier than thou, for speaking forsooth? Me thinks no dear evo, and I am the proof! But what about my faves, they come from Roald Dahl, like flushbunkem, grobswitching, trogglehumper and snozzcumbaaayahhhalllll.. And then there are discombobulated projections, speculations, conjectures, surmised from hypothetic objections. hypothesis, rhinocerus, and chinese letters. Thank God for the english and never forget us! Never call my wife a bloated piss-worm, a brachiating blastocyst, frog, chimp or silkworm. For blow up dolls can not be insulted! It's the pathetic fallacy, like walls can't be floated! Instead you may call her a reticent mass, but by jove and by joy, she's one tasty piece of ass!!! Detestation, it's tantalising knowing I can, refute you en masse while popping a can. Exaptation, relaxation, exacting, contracting, compaction, inaction, reaction impending. Indolence, impotence, omniscience and omnipotence, immutable and sovereign, with fish, chips and cromagnon-man. Don't let him scare you he's of genus homo, no 'pithecine here so don't lose your mojo. That's australopithecine if you were wondering, afarensis is also an ape not a halfling. Floresiensis or Genesis, name it and gander, 'cause mikey can see through your vile propaganda! Misspellings are common, and so are your claims, canards and outdated, burning the baize. 

Now one final thought to finish my art, so pre-empt bunsen burners from lighting that fart! Exquisite poppycock, encroaching upon, the flinching, grasping, burnt out welsh scone. Bilge and tangents, rants and phlegm, sophistry, sergeants of evo, refrain from your pen. Leave the ink to dry for once, Christmas is here and you are a ponce. What is her name, the woman of income? Why Miss Evolution of course, via Darwinian bunkum.

Achievers, believers, and sneezers and freezers, my ulna by arm, pet echinoderm, and tweezers. I lost my amniote while riding a frog, vestigials, retrogressive ills and a man and his dog. Axioms, idioms, delirium tremons, festering, pestering, cleaving to ceilings. Pustules and pimples, stereotypical dimples. Rats and sewers, knaves and skewers. Palindromes and plasticity, phenolic resin and multiplicity, can both be found in the bowels of the city. On ebay, on twitter on fleas and on flies, the pathogen adapting and so never dies.

So until the next time I do believe, we've cleared this issue before Christmas eve.

;)

(mikey mischief complete)

"Shak adubadidywow.....see YA!!" - Jim Carrey - The Mask.

Predicted response 1. "you have to know the meanings. you don't know the meanings" = rebuttal = you don't have telepathy.
Predicted response 2. "you spelt this word wrong, it doesn't apply!" = rebuttal = get a life.

• what if likes this

#2 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:43 AM

:D I shall now post my Christmas gift to the select few at EvC forum, hoping they still have a sense of humour. :D

#3 driewerf

driewerf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:08 AM

Just to clarify for the people who may not be the best at reading-between-the-lines, this type of, "boasting" thread, is not really an, "I'm brilliant and you aren't, nor have any brains" statement.

It is a RETALIATORY post (but essentially harmless in it's construction).

It is actually a statement of; "you say I have no brains, so here is an overt example that I also do have brains, too despite your constant propaganda and stereotyping of creationists like me."

(don't forget, people like me are the minority).

Just out of curiosity, who here has labeled you as brainless? The only time someone got labeled as such (well brain damaged, actualy was here: http://evolutionfair...n-on-the-brain/

But, as far as i can read, it wasn't aimed at you, or any other creationist.

I specifically act as an apologist and defender of creationist scientists, who are stereotyped.

Mostly "professional creationists", like Ray Comfort, Ken ham or kent H*vind are qualified as intensely dishonest. Brainless? Never seen that (though I might have missed it.)

Because I am told by so many evolutionists I can't do X, my brain is malfunctional in area P,

To even identify the brain part that is damaged (over the internet even!) requires knowledge of neurology. No one here has any such advance knowledge of neurology. 

But if such a diagnosis had been posted here, kindly link to it.

You have to admit, there is nothing more satisfying than wiping the grin from a person who only exists to hate on you, (prejudice),...because you represent Jesus Christ.

The true attack is on Jesus Christ, Whom you hate. I am just a bit of flesh and blood He resides inside of.

No one here hates you Mike or Jesus for that matter, or at least has expressed such feelings. If this has happened, can you kindly to it. Thanks.

(But also this thread is a lighthearted Christmas thread. Humour is included because it shows that even though I could take revenge, my heart isn't really in it. I can still smile, even when I am getting stabbed.) Ever been attacked by someone and you don't know why but their own reasons are actually why, of which you had nothing to do with?

Of course Mike, hiding behind humor you blackmail people as hating, you, you accuse them of calling you brainless, and you retaliate by calling them elitist and ignorant at the same time. But hey, it's just humor.

#4 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

Driewerf you do seem to INSIST this is somehow a pop at you. If you want to see my most recent discussions at www.evcforum.net, the easiest way is just to type, "mike the wiz" in the search engine, and then look at my recent postings there. But you need to be able to delineate so you may walk away not seeing it my way. It is not always easy to spot subtle fallacies of diversion, such as red-herrings, or changing-the-goal-posts. (equivocation), or most especially, diverting the topic towards a neurotic agreement with each other that, "mike doesn't understand X". (argumentum ad populum).

Also you have to realise that my experience there goes a long way back. To experience the rankism which seems synonymous with "EvC forum", you have to have experienced all of my experiences there.

It is not so much one individual or even a particular group, but it is the participation in a very real spiritual war, where people are used as puppets by our enemy, to come against Christ and His overt creation. 

So basically it is the overall injustice and inequality received by any creationist there. They are happy to let me be cursed at even if I have only discussed the topic material but the evolutionists just want to make it about, "mike".

What an objective place! :rolleyes:

I can understand why they feel the only way to win is to cheat by agreeing with each other that I am a worthless sack of spuds, or a "villainous sack of goat-slime". - Miss Trunchbull.

For that is all they can do - the sinful nature is to cheat if you can't win. In a way I feel sorry for them because really it isn't me they can't refute, it's God's wisdom they can't refute.

Nobody can refute God. "There is no wisdom or knowledge or counsel against the Lord." (paraphrase).

Conundrums and confounded, paradoxical, enigmatic, unfathomable, feather mattresses! what shall we do with him? We do not know, we helped make the mikey-monster and now he eats us!!!

:funny:

#5 driewerf

driewerf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Belgium

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:39 AM

Driewerf you do seem to INSIST this is somehow a pop at you.

Hmm, no. Not at all. But I expected this to be about what happened here, indeed.
But I also referred to some things said by and about professional creationists.

If you want to see my most recent discussions at www.evcforum.net, the easiest way is just to type, "mike the wiz" in the search engine, and then look at my recent postings there. But you need to be able to delineate so you may walk away not seeing it my way. It is not always easy to spot subtle fallacies of diversion, such as red-herrings, or changing-the-goal-posts. (equivocation), or most especially, diverting the topic towards a neurotic agreement with each other that, "mike doesn't understand X". (argumentum ad populum).

Also you have to realise that my experience there goes a long way back. To experience the rankism which seems synonymous with "EvC forum", you have to have experienced all of my experiences there.

It is not so much one individual or even a particular group, but it is the participation in a very real spiritual war, where people are used as puppets by our enemy, to come against Christ and His overt creation. 

So basically it is the overall injustice and inequality received by any creationist there. They are happy to let me be cursed at even if I have only discussed the topic material but the evolutionists just want to make it about, "mike".

What an objective place! :rolleyes:

I can understand why they feel the only way to win is to cheat by agreeing with each other that I am a worthless sack of spuds, or a "villainous sack of goat-slime". - Miss Trunchbull.

For that is all they can do - the sinful nature is to cheat if you can't win. In a way I feel sorry for them because really it isn't me they can't refute, it's God's wisdom they can't refute.

Nobody can refute God. "There is no wisdom or knowledge or counsel against the Lord." (paraphrase).

Conundrums and confounded, paradoxical, enigmatic, unfathomable, feather mattresses! what shall we do with him? We do not know, we helped make the mikey-monster and now he eats us!!!

:funny:

So, okay. You were treated badly at EvCforum. You want to vent your anger, frustration about it. Please go ahead. It's better than to develop high blood pressure or worse, start beating your spouse. 

#6 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:47 AM

;) You're not a bad old chap, Driewerf. I do like you, and the others too. I accept correction, when I said you thought it a pop at you.

Illusions or allusions, confusions, contusions or fusions? Placate or appease, if you mikey-please? Premise or demise, contrive or bee hive, a mikey high five.

(this is to stay on topic.) ;)

#7 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

A break from debate methinks now, for two weeks or so...

I suffer frustrationitis

I shall take a break for a few weeks my lad. Don't ask me to come back or I'll get the orcs to chase you!

Clap! Snap! the black crack!

Grip, grab! Pinch, nab!

And down down to Goblin-town

You go, my lad!

Swish, smack! Whip crack!

Batter and beat! Yammer and bleat!

Work, work! nor dare to sherk,

While Goblins quaff, and Goblins laugh,

Round and round, far underground,

Below my lad! - Page 82 - The Hobbit.

#8 Dave

Dave

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Arizona

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

Just for fun I'm posting some typical comments from a particularly virulent, hateful individual who posts regularly via Disqus. These particular comments are from just one article that mentioned evolution. It started a firestorm of hate from the atheist crowd. This guy goes by the handle "BobC."

Unfortunately these people are so dense there is nothing that would make them want to grow up, educate themselves, and face facts. Their brain damage is incurable. They don't want to grow up because they're cowards. Reality makes them cry.

I have no use for god-soaked idiots. If atheists, aka normal people, make some know-nothing science deniers cry, that's their problem.

I have extreme contempt for everyone on that list. Anyone who believes in a magic man is insane.

Ken Miller has a lot of nerve to call his book Finding Darwin's God because Charles Darwin threw the magic god fairy in the garbage. The title is dishonest.

I threw the childish magic-god-fairy fantasy in the garbage 50 years ago. By the way your "Judgement" nonsense, that looks like a threat to me, aka terrorism. If you're selling your moronic religious fantasies, threatening people is not a good way to get there.

I'm convinced religion is brain damage. And for most of the victims there is no cure. What a terrible waste of a life.

There are numerous know-nothing evolution deniers here. They should know the Islamic State terrorists are on their side. Evolution makes terrorists cry.

Evolution does not need defending because it's a basic scientific fact. The religious alternative, magical intelligent design creationism, is the most ridiculously stupid idea in the history of the human race. Creationism is more than an idiotic idea, it's a disease, a severe mental illness. Why do Christians deny the established truth of evolution despite massive, powerful, and still growing evidence that's been accumulating for 150 years? There can be only one possible explanation. Christians (and their Muslim terrorist friends) are uneducated morons.

There were dozens like this. His hateful rants violate Disqus terms of service on several counts, so I reported him. He added nothing of substance to the discussion, and served only to elevate the hyperbole level to an ultra extreme.

I was thinking about inviting him here for a good dressing down, but he would last only a few posts before getting booted anyway, so it would be a waste of our time.

Anyway, Mike, you are right. Despite the occasional crossing the line among our members here this is just about the only forum I know of where intelligent dialogue actually does take place without ad hominem attacks being the regular order of the day.

#9 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Dave we're clearly too dumb for this guy over here, while we are thinking on the small matters like understanding disjunctive syllogisms and when reductio ad absurdum applies, he is doing the serious business of the Einsteinien level type stuff, such as throwing tomatoes. There we were thinking that argumentum ad verecundiam and ad logicam, were magical potions and then he came to correct us by saying, we have "brain-damage". Thank goodness the Lord sent him to us, for one moment there we were confused and thought his colourful language represented nothing more than question-begging-epithets.

Rather like when Dawkins said we are either stupid, insane, or uneducated, we thought it might be a false trichotomy, I believe Dawkins gave an optional fourth choice, we thought if there was a fourth option, it might be a false tetrachotomy. Alas we were confused for we were thinking on an altogether lower level than this soon-to-be Nobel prize winner. He clearly is the brainiest person I have ever encountered, in that he seems to have achieved five epithets per sentence, a ratio I could never achieve if I set my mind to the task. Perhaps I am just too, "cowardly" or, "brain damaged" to understand that we are in the presence of a god. My high scores on those logic and maths games, must have been a fiction I invented, as clearly being brainy and Christian would represent a logical disjunction, where each must mutually exclude the other.

Yes, it seems our worldview was all wrong, we must grow up very soon, the brilliance of this person has made the light dawn...the way each and every thing he says is formally valid and contains no insults, is a marvel to behold. I have never seen such deductive brilliance displayed openly.

Now if he had only used a synecdochic dysphemism he really would have got the cigar - like calling us, "asshole". Next time, if he does that, he gets the gold medal and we have to consider him on Einstein's level.

:acigar: :D

P.S. I have to have a rest now Dave, I must go and reconsider Haldane's dilemma after my encounter with Bob, and rethink the Gettier problem, and the problem of evil and suffering, and my understanding of parsimony, induction, abduction and deduction, because after encountering someone this great, you just have to rethink everything. After that I shall then have to understand evolution because Bob has told us we don't understand things like homology or homoplasy or exaptation or sympatric/allopatric speciation or apomorphies. Clearly we invented these terms as Christians, and to think there are ratios for homozygous and hetereozygous alleles is clearly absurd. As for natural selection, S@xual selection, negative selection, normalised selection, genetic drift, gene flow and epigenetics, I shall merely conclude I conjured the terms, and the high scores I got on those evolution quiz-tests, again we can only conclude I dreamed the tests happened.

#10 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

Dave: Anyway, Mike, you are right. Despite the occasional crossing the line among our members here this is just about the only forum I know of where intelligent dialogue actually does take place without ad hominem attacks being the regular order of the day.

Right you are, there are hotly disputed topics but I stand by what I say, the likes of Wibble, Fjuri, Goku, et al, wouldn't behave like this. Everyone on EFF forum knows where to draw the line. I think "BobC" and those kind of guys, don't last long here because the rules for poor behaviour are strict, and that naturally gets rid of a lot of the chaff. Evolutionists that come here, genuinely discuss the issues and don't need to rely on this kind of vitriolic, dysphemism-soup. To be honest I know lots of atheists that would agree with me that this kind of person is just mean-spirited and hate-filled and has nothing to offer.

#11 what if

what if

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

I was thinking about inviting him here for a good dressing down, but he would last only a few posts before getting booted anyway, so it would be a waste of our time.

don't be dragging no trash in here.

my question is, why does prayer and meditation have scientifically proven benefits for both mind and body?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users