• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

Wow! The discussion goes on and on. I guess I don't have the powers some  people say I have. How can I stop somebody from thinking and writing what they want? I don't think I can! Nor do I want to. I don't have any more power than anyone else!

#62 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

Piasan said:

Why do creationists keep bringing up "personifying" things like science?  Do they think we're not fully aware science is not an entity?

Prose is not the same as poetry. Personification is the doimain of Poetry. I don't know when poetic terminology invaded prose but it confuses precision "scientific reasoninng." Science is just another name for thinking--glorified reasoning--given a cause what its effect will be and given an effect what its cause was. We use science (reasoning) to answer the asfore mentioned questions.

Just to be absolutely clear .....
Science is a tool.  Science can not "deal" with God or "handle" His actions in the same way a hammer can't "deal" with or "handle" removing a screw.

Like Reagan said, "There you go again. Speak for yourself. Our thinking process allows us to think about anything we choose. You sre trying to eliminate God from our reasoning process. That won't work for me.

God says he reasons and we can reason with him.

Isaiah 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:

Romans 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.

#63 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • California

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Piasan said:

Why do creationists keep bringing up "personifying" things like science?  Do they think we're not fully aware science is not an entity?

Prose is not the same as poetry. Personification is the doimain of Poetry. I don't know when poetic terminology invaded prose but it confuses precision "scientific reasoninng." Science is just another name for thinking--glorified reasoning--given a cause what its effect will be and given an effect what its cause was. We use science (reasoning) to answer the asfore mentioned questions.

Just to be absolutely clear .....
Science is a tool.  Science can not "deal" with God or "handle" His actions in the same way a hammer can't "deal" with or "handle" removing a screw.

Like Reagan said, "There you go again. Speak for yourself. Our thinking process allows us to think about anything we choose. You sre trying to eliminate God from our reasoning process. That won't work for me.

God says he reasons and we can reason with him.

Isaiah 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:

Romans 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.

It has been from my experiences that "Theistic Evolutionists" are much more Difficult, Dogmatic, Illogical, Anti Science, Anti Reason and Anti God in general that Atheists are!!!

My educated guess is that over 75% of them are merely "Atheists in sheep's clothing" who are simply trying to pollute and troll the discussion for nefarious and deceptive reasons..  :kaffeetrinker: 

"It is not the duty of science to defend the theory of evolution, and stick by it to the bitter end no matter which illogical and unsupported conclusions it offers. On the contrary, it is expected that scientists recognize the patently obvious impossibility of Darwin's pronouncements and predictions . . Let's cut the umbilical cord that tied us down to Darwin for such a long time. It is choking us and holding us back."

(Dr. I.L. Cohen, "Darwin Was Wrong:" A Study in Probabilities

#64 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Lol
I tried to point out that theistic evolution is an oxymoron to no avail.

#65 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Critical analysis and referents, Ephectic, Ultimate questions & how to answer, political philosophy, Constitutional Conservatism
  • (private)
  • Agnostic
  • Northeastern U.S. of A.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:50 AM

Lol

Where did you make that attempt?

#66 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:17 AM

A couple of years ago and now.

#67 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Critical analysis and referents, Ephectic, Ultimate questions & how to answer, political philosophy, Constitutional Conservatism
  • (private)
  • Agnostic

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Lol

Where did you make that attempt?

A couple of years ago and now.

I'll ask again, but differently: Will you please point to the post WHERE you MADE that attempt?

#68 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

Schera Do,

Don't you understand my speech? Now!

!

#69 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • California

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

Lol

What do you call Moron that lacks oxygen? Anoxymoron...

#70 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

LOL

#71 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • (private)
  • Agnostic

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:48 AM

Schera Do,

Don't you understand my speech? Now!

!

Welcome to ignore.

#72 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

Grow up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users