• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

I enjoy Mike the wiz's Sperman story. It is very similar to what I think about there being a "group" of people--as if there might be a central controlling brain to the alleged amalgamation of individual humans called a group.

The human body on the other hand is made up of over 60 trillion cells. Some estimates put it as high as a hundred trillion cells. No finer example of cooperation exists than the human body. All its cells are controlled by our mind/ brain (the brain is our hardware, the mind our software).

I have yet to know the name of one of those individual cells. However, my mother called all of them Mike. LOL

I used to want to be a Super Christian (like Superman). Then, I could fight Super Atheist! All that ended when I had a Job like expeerience. I figured out that I couldn't be perfect no matter how I tried. Now, I settle for being an "equal", forgiven and forgiving.

I consider myself a unique individual (as we all are) responsible for ruling myself as well as what I create for myself and others--above all to be forgiving. I don't to speak for "my" people because I don't control anyone but me and even that is imperfect.

Super Aheists come to this site mostly to blame and damn Christians (religion) for all the worlds ills! I thought they believed that evolution caused everything. Its hard to understand. Is evolution to blame or is there something else to blame? Is blame even a concept that can realistically refer to ideas?

#2 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

Mike, remember that quote, "blame is for God and small children". Sometimes people seem to hate it when there is an investigation, as they think they are going to get, "blamed" so they tell themselves they have to lie.

I find that strange because something we have to establish cause. Establishing cause isn't the same as assigning blame but some people think they are out to get blamed. 

Perhaps we should abandon this blame game.

"can't we all just get along". :D ;)

Evo response; "become evo then we get along, until then you are a Christian creationists and there is a chip on my shoulder with the name, 'Mike Summers' on it." Lol

Mike Summers: I used to want to be a Super Christian (like Superman). Then, I could fight Super Atheist! All that ended when I had a Job like expeerience. I figured out that I couldn't be perfect no matter how I tried. Now, I settle for being an "equal", forgiven and forgiving

Quite correct! Though I have not achieved this to the same degree you have Mike, I know I know I know....the only way to stop is to quit. :D

#3 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Mike the wiz said:

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:12 PM
Mike, remember that quote, "blame is for God and small children". Sometimes people seem to hate it when there is an investigation, as they think they are going to get, "blamed" so they tell themselves they have to lie.

I find that strange because something we have to establish cause. Establishing cause isn't the same as assigning blame but some people think they are out to get blamed.

Perhaps we should abandon this blame game.

"can't we all just get along".

Might I remind you something one of your most intense friend says? "We are doing it to ourselves. And the only way to stop is to quit!" Keep in mind that if someone feels the emotion blame, it is caused by their thinking only.

Evo response; "become evo then we get along, until then you are a Christian creationists and there is a chip on my shoulder with the name, 'Mike Summers' on it." Lol

Quite right! Exactly. Their version of the truth to them is worth far more than any relationship they could have with us. So theire version of the truth becomes their god.
As a contrast my relationship to you and our friendship is deemed much more valuable than any thoughts or belief I could create.

As you know, the Scripture says there is no further condemnation  (blame) to those that are in Christ. So, yes!
I am grateful to have you as a friend. I think I said this to you before but it bears repeating, I couldn't go into a laboratory with all the money in the world backing me and come out with a single cell amoeba. Yet, You are made up of over  100 trillion individual cells. To be honored by such a great being as you and know you are my friend as  I am yours is indeed an honor.

As another of our beloved broters said,
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

#4 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:57 AM

Bless you Mike. You have achieved an almost limitless capacity for mental health and sanity. You too are a miracle as we all are, as you have said! They even chopped half of you away but all of you is still here.

See the contradiction? Meaning that the "you", the ghost-in-the-machine, as you have taught me, was in fact not chopped away! That's good news for hope. The one who made you can give you a new 100 trillion cells! You shall be faster than Usain Bolt on steroids running from fifty angry anti-theists.

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users