• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

I know Bonedigger already knows this and probably several others, but if members don't know the easy way to get more space for attaching files, you just go to your profile and press, "edit my profile" then on the left press, "manage attachments" and if you click on that it actually shows you all of the files and pictures you have put in your posts and how much space you have used for your global upload limit if I remember the terminology right. So it tells you the full amount you have available and the percentage used. Here is a picture of mine;

Attached File  attach.jpg   85.75KB   0 downloads

I just thought I would put this topic here in case other members have the same issue but didn't know what to do. Basically as you can see, a small file usually is only about 50kb or less, it's the bigger pictures that will really take a bigger percentage. I have deleted quite a large number of my previous pictures from old topics.

(if this is common knowledge BD feel free to delete this topic, just thought it might be helpful.)

Sorry that picture is kind of small, I will be limiting the size of my picture files now.

• Bonedigger likes this

#2 what if

what if

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

i noticed that too when i was uploading files.
you can have something like 5 megabytes of actively uploaded data.
so, if you "want more", you'll have to delete something somewhere, and mike pretty well shows the way.

pictures can be hosted by other websites.
this won't count against you for THIS (EFT) website.

here is an image hosting site:
https://postimage.io

i haven't used the above site, but i bookmarked it from somewhere else (can't remember where)

#3 Bonedigger

Bonedigger

Admin Team

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Interests:Creation, Vertebrate Paleontology-particularly mammals and especially Perissodactyls & Carnivores, Hunting, Shooting, Handloading, Weaving Chainmaille, Hebrew and other Biblically relevant languages, Astronomy
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Colorado

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

i noticed that too when i was uploading files.
you can have something like 5 megabytes of actively uploaded data.
so, if you "want more", you'll have to delete something somewhere, and mike pretty well shows the way.

pictures can be hosted by other websites.
this won't count against you for THIS (EFT) website.

here is an image hosting site:
https://postimage.io

i haven't used the above site, but i bookmarked it from somewhere else (can't remember where)

I use Photobucket myself, just because that was the first image hosting site I registered at, specifically for this forum. The advantage to uploading images to an external hosting site and embedding them here go beyond just the fact that they don't count against your upload limit here. Guests (lurkers) can also view them, which is why I usually recommend doing that. When you upload an image directly to the forum, only members who are logged in can view the image (because the forum treats it as an attachment, which cannot be downloaded by guests).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users