Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

this thread is about one of the biggest frauds i have ever encountered in my discussions about evolution, and pertains specifically to the following page:
www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/another_creationist_out_of_context_quote.htm

this is the notorious debacle surrounding ayala and what he said at a 1980 chicago conference on evolution.

i only have a couple of question for you "doctor" arrowsmith:
1. seeing as you managed to contact 24 websites concerning this quote, why didn't you ever contact "science"?
after all, they are the ones ultimately responsible.

2. of all the letters written to "science" concerning said article, why doesn't a single one of them mentions this quote?

bonus:
how did you get ayala to backtrack on what he said?

BTW:
In recent years the modern synthesis has been declared extended by major evolutionary thinkers (e.g., “the Altenberg 16“ and others), as well as dead by major evolutionary thinkers, the late Lynn Margulis and Francisco Ayala among them.
- www.huffingtonpost.com/suzan-mazur/replace-the-modern-sythes_b_5284211.html

#2 what if

what if

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

dirty deeds done dirt cheap:

Evolutionary science is as much about the posturing, salesmanship, stonewalling and bullying that goes on as it is about actual scientific theory. It is a social discourse involving hypotheses of staggering complexity with scientists, recipients of the biggest grants of any intellectuals, assuming the power of politicians while engaged in Animal House pie-throwing and name-calling: "ham-fisted", "looney Marxist hangover", "secular creationist", "philosopher" (a scientist who can’t get grants anymore), "quack", "crackpot". . .

In short, it’s a modern day quest for the holy grail, but with few knights. At a time that calls for scientific vision, scientific inquiry’s been hijacked by an industry of greed, with evolution books hyped like snake oil at a carnival.

Perhaps the most egregious display of commercial dishonesty is next year’s celebration of Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species – the so-called theory of evolution by natural selection, i.e., survival of the fittest, that was foisted on us almost 150 years ago.

Scientists agree that natural selection can occur. But the scientific community has known for some time that natural selection has nothing to do with evolution. It also knows that self-organization is real, that is, matter can form without a genetic recipe – like the snowflake (non-living). It does this without external guidance.
- suzan mazur, published online by scoop independent news.

Since this article was first published in 2008, Susan Mazur's articles have been removed from the internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users