• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Most of the information in the human mind is unconcious and undetectible by MRI's or any other physical process. Each of us posess a plethora of information acquired by the learning process mostly after birth.

Though their are over 3.5 billion genes in our genome there isn't enough space to code for language nor human personality. We are self programming beings--largely self programing ourself after birth.

I have asked in vain for the physics of thought! However, no ne has come forth with its "evidence" Think about it. We all "think" but no one has ever "seen" a thought. Moreover, our mental life ia pure thought and is private and well encypted.

Each of us posess a plethora of information invisible to others and only available to us by our uncanny ability to make specifiic information contained in our pre-oncious mind avaiable by asking ourselves "questions" or stimuli being presented internally or externally via the five senses.  I.E. "What is my name? When and where was I born? What is this I 'see'?" etc. All the information in our mind is pre-concious and only avialable to us as end users by request from us. This makes the "thought" police's job really hard! LOL

We don't seem able to communicate with others via pure thought. We can remember learning a language (a code system) as a young child. It was then we learned to associate information (a dual process) to code. Remember "A" is for Apple? "B" is for ball? etc. We were probably shown an apple or given some to taste and the "information" invisbly got stored in our preconcious mind (memory).

The point is information and code are two different things. Since there are more than 5,000 code systems (commonly called human language systems), these language systems have seperate identities. German, French, English, Italian, Prtugueese, Spanish, etc. It is very obvious that while information is the same in all of us, code is a variable that gets associated to non physical informationm during a "learning" process. We use code to communicate with others.

This makes for a very significant observation. We control the meaning we give code. Therefore, code (things) mean what we tell ourselves. We control the meaning of all things extenral. That makes the statement, "It" made me angry a lie! How can "it" control us?

Our creative ability is so great we are capable of deceiving ourselvs into "believing" the environment has dominion over us when it is actually the opposite! It wasn't being naked that caused Adam & Eve to be embarassed (here is Genesis 2:25):
"25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

The father of the lie deceived our parents into thinking incorectly that the environment had emotion causing components to it. That's a lie! Only our thinking causes our emotion and behavior. And yet just about everyone believes Satan's lie (that the environment has dominion over man). Wrong! We must process (associate meaning to the code we confront). That is what is meant in Scripture when it says that we took to ourselves the knowledge of good and evil.

There is no physical sin. God has never said the moon or the sun sinned. Sin is a mental concept--not external to a mind. We sin when we create something that harms us or our fellow creators. Thus, we can refuse to create some things as does God (no hate or lies).

Since only our thoughts control us, I can not make the claim that what you say or do (short of touching my body) has any emotion causing component to it. Since my thoughts and only my thoughts cause my emotions and behavior that means that lots of people that don't know this are deceived (the whole world).

With the above in mind, let's look at the terrorist. What does he or she think? We can work from the premise that behavior is indicative of cognition (thinking). "By their fruit (behavior) you will kn ow them." Therefore, if we want to know what someone thinksm we have the ability built into our software to run a simulation. If I if want to be angry and upset with someone external to me, what would I have to tell myself? I would have to observe you not doing the things I think you "should do". Lying to myself like that, I then would go on to convince myself that what you do (instead of what I want you to do) is awful or terrible and I therefore must do something about it! So, I make myself angry
! See how easy it is to figure out what someone else thinks? We can observe their behavior and run a simulation in our mind as to what we would have tell ourself to do what they are doing. Keep in mind the fact that our thoughts cause our emotions and not the thinking or behavior of others. Have you ever read anyone tell you, you are doing it to yourself? LOL

The terrorist results to physical violence as a "negative control Tactic". He thinks the argument, "If you don't do what I want to do, I will kill you or someone you love." Moreover, the terrorists creates the idea or buys it from others similarily deceived that if others don't do what he wants them to do, it will be awful terrible or horrible. So, he convinces himself he must do something--even sacrifice his own life to "force" you or I to do what he demands. Of course all these ideas the terrorist creates in his own mind brought about by his belief that there is some sort of horror created by "us" (those of us not buying into his self deception) and deception--his "need" to control others.

A terrorist is the ultimate control freak--a victime of his own "twisted" thinking. I hope you will join me and refuse to think like him! "He that rules himself is greater than he that takes a city!"

• mike the wiz likes this

#2 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Critical analysis and referents, Ephectic, Ultimate questions & how to answer, political philosophy, Constitutional Conservatism
  • (private)
  • Agnostic
  • Northeastern U.S. of A.

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:39 AM

... So, he convinces himself he must do something--even sacrifice his own life to "force" you or I to do what he demands. Of course all these ideas the terrorist creates in his own mind brought about by his belief that there is some sort of horror created by "us" (those of us not buying into his self deception) and deception--his "need" to control others. ...

Hello Mike, the above excerpt raised the question for me with respect to your self-identification, "Christian Creationist": Do you believe in any Christian scripture?

#3 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

Yes!

#4 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Critical analysis and referents, Ephectic, Ultimate questions & how to answer, political philosophy, Constitutional Conservatism
  • (private)
  • Agnostic
  • Northeastern U.S. of A.

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

... So, he convinces himself he must do something--even sacrifice his own life to "force" you or I to do what he demands. Of course all these ideas the terrorist creates in his own mind brought about by his belief that there is some sort of horror created by "us" (those of us not buying into his self deception) and deception--his "need" to control others. ...

On what basis do you call an accurate reading of the terrorist's holy book self-deception?: There are passages in that book which command the Muslim to kill the infidel or convert the infidel or require paying of an infidel's tax.

#5 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

I think you missed some of the information I wanted you to think. Too bad we think with pure information but we can't communicate with "pure" information. Sorry, we have to use code. Having to connunicate with code
make it somewhat awkward.

First of all consider yourself. You exist as an individual with as Thomas jefferson said unalienable rights. A terrorist too has these same rights. He can believe anything he wants. He can even use "free" speech to "sell" his ideas to others. What he does not want to accept is that some of us choose not to buy his ideas! So, he crosses the line and resdorts to physical violence when he observes others not buying what he thinks they should.

All of us reason which I have explained several times as practice science. Books don't control us! Our thinking does that! Moreover, we have been given the ability to think about our thinking which I encourage us all to do! Thinking about our thinking results in a degree of objectivity--allowing us to see and corect some of our flaws in thinking.

You and I have reasoned together for several years. Even though we have not always agreed we have never resorted to violence. LOL :)

I am not a terrorist because I "know" I don't have to control you (or anyone else for that matter). Moreover, I am euphoric over not having to control anyone but me. LOL As much as I love God, I don't think he wants to control me either. Mostly I think I control me. That's what it means to be an individual. Who controls you? Certainly not a book?

The deception is that the terrorist thinks it his job to do God's "dirty work"--kill people because they supposedly don't do what the terrorist thinks they should. If God wamted someone dead he could do it himself! The terrorist is a self-righteous, deceived, controll freak!

It's accurate because as Jesus said. "by their fruit (behavior) you will know them." Or as we might paraphrase, "Behavior is always indicative of one's cognitive constructs."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users