My test is routed now, I might as well give the answers. My own fault. (Highlight the answers which are below each question as some people may still want to take the test to know where they are. Remember it isn't a test of intellect this test, it just reveals your level of education in evolution. If you read up on evolution for a week then take it, that isn't cheating as the test only ascertains where your knowledge level is WHEN you took the test. If your knowledge level is higher in one week, then it's higher.)
THE EVO MIKEY QUIZ:
1. If an example of homology is the pentadactyl limb, then give an example of analogue features shared/homoplasy.
Echolocation in bats/birds, eyes..anything that has allegedly converged upon the same type. Homologous features come from divergence, homoplastic features come from convergence.(purportedly) (preposterous)
2. Which of the two mechanisms according to evolution theory (mutations and natural selection), is responsible for providing new genetic information?
3. Species is to speciation as _________ is to genera.
Mike's brain was ungplugged from the matrix when he invented this question.
4. If an ape is more arboreal is it progressing towards bipedal? (yes or no)
No. Evolution has no prescience. (preposterous again)
5. If confirmation evidence for macro evolution is a transitional form, are transitional forms proof of evolution according to how science operates?
No. That would be affirmation of the consequent.
6. If one hundred experiments don't prove you right, can one experiment prove you wrong or only many?
Yes. The modus tollens can break a tally of one million confirmation evidences in favour of a theory. As Einstein said, "a hundred experiments won't prove me right but one can prove me wrong."
7. If we have a tally of evidence to support a theory, what type of logical reasoning is this regarded as?
8. If a feature/characteristic which is now used for insulation is later used for flight (feathers) this might be an example of e--------n.
9. What is the terminology if information is reintroduced into a gene pool by individuals of a group which has only diverged from the main population recently? g--- ----
10. Give the name of an alleged fossil species for bird evolution.
11. Give the name of an alleged fossil species for whale evolution.
Ambulocetus, rhodocetus, etc..(all debunked and even Gingerich acknowledges it)
12. Mammals were said to have evolved from reptiles, what then did reptiles evolve from?
13. Does evolution theory state that a more modern, surviving species today is more evolutionary fit than an ancestor was, which we allegedly evolved from?
No. Fitness is determined by how well an organism is adapted to it's environment, it's a misconception that evolution theory would regard modern species as more special in some way because a chronological value is unimportant.
14. What is another name for normalised selection? s-----.
15. Did chimps share a common ancestor with humans or are chimps an ancestor of humans?
Share an ancestor.
16. Does evolution theory claim that humans were once not human?
No. It claims humans had ancestors that were not human, it at no time states that humans were ever not human.
17. To say evolution has to individually explain how each s@x arose for horses, and also for humans and bunnies, is a good understanding of what evolution says. (yes or no)
No. s@x for mammals would be a shared, derived characteristic.
18. If we find a fossil which pre-dates it's progenitor/ancestor, is it correct to presume that this is comparable to a son being found to be older than his father?
No. This depends on an argument-from-silence, the parent may have existed previously but wasn't fossilised.
19. If humans help to preserve an endangered species, is this a matter of the theoretics of evolution theory?
No. This is extraneous information to expounding the ToE, even if the matter is related in some way, evolution doesn't explicitly explain individiual scenarios, it only explains the various paramaters of evolution as an abstract.
20. There are two types of main evidence we can categorise generally for science, one is falsification evidence the other is c----------- evidence.
21. If mammals evolved from reptiles, did mammals evolve from crocodiles?
22. Give an example of a vestigial feature.
Tail bone, whale hips, etc..
23. Which mechanism of evolution would be regarded as random?
24. Which is factual? Mutations or natural selection, or neither or both?
25. If Darwin was around today, would he accept evolution theory as he presented it back then?
No. He presented it with the one mechanism of NS, he would now 100% likely accept mutations at least.