• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

After being on this site for several years, I have noticed the alleged Atheist/ evolutionists contingent seems to think they are more intelligent than creationists. While holding on to the idea that intelligence is not needed to cause complexity, they deem themselves the superior intillects. Evolution without guidance can and did design the complex plants and animals. Could somone inteligent have done it like we used our intelligence and designed cars and computers? A resounding "No!" Why the bigotry against intelligence.

Supposedly we have waited billions of years for airplanes and computers to evolve. In the end intelligennnt beings created them--no thanks to evoluttion. I have yet to have anyone point out a three story building that evovlved. No one I have heard of believes they can even evolve given billions of years of evolution.

Is materialistic complexity more difficult to achieve than biologicaal complexiity?

Is it just me or do Alleged Atheists/
evolutionists doubt the capabilities of intelligence-even while trying to use it to their advantage?

#2 what if

what if

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

After being on this site for several years, I have noticed the alleged Atheist/ evolutionists contingent seems to think they are more intelligent than creationists. While holding on to the idea that intelligence is not needed to cause complexity, they deem themselves the superior intillects. Evolution without guidance can and did design the complex plants and animals. Could somone inteligent have done it like we used our intelligence and designed cars and computers? A resounding "No!" Why the bigotry against intelligence.

Supposedly we have waited billions of years for airplanes and computers to evolve. In the end intelligennnt beings created them--no thanks to evoluttion. I have yet to have anyone point out a three story building that evovlved. No one I have heard of believes they can even evolve given billions of years of evolution.

Is materialistic complexity more difficult to achieve than biologicaal complexiity?

evolutionists doubt the capabilities of intelligence-even while trying to use it to their advantage?

i don't think it's bigotry.
the concept of a pervading intelligence just seems so absurd.
where is this intelligence?
the only true intellect i'm aware of occurs in animals with a brain.

OTOH, it's becoming obvious we might just be dealing with an intelligence in connection with abiogenesis.

then there's the intriguing little problem of the arrival of animal phyla.

interesting conundrum wouldn't you say?

#3 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

What if said:

the concept of a pervading intelligence just seems so absurd.

Funny that's the way I feel about the possibility of evolution. I don't think intelligence is absurd as it is the only known possible cause of materialistic complexity like cars, computers. cameras, houses, rocket shps, etc. These things exist and yet have no evolutionary possible mechanism. They wouldn't exist if someone intelligent hadn't created them! Their existance makes creationism a viable process for bringing complex things into existance!

#4 what if

what if

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

Funny that's the way I feel about the possibility of evolution.

evolution in some form, is a reality.
cells do not work by magic, this stuff follows rules and laws.

that being said, i still cannot rule god out of the equation.
i don't care how ludicrous it sounds.

i'm convinced that science will never solve the riddle of how life got here.

the question of epigenetics/ regulatory networks throws an entirely new level of complexity upon an already insurmountable problem.
the possibility of tagged transposons can never be explained by any kind of natural means.
and what about the c value paradox?

OTOH, and i don't mean any disrespect, we shouldn't let the question of god get in the way of what we are trying to do.
and what is that exactly?
figuring out the rules and laws of how the cell works, that's what.

#5 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:10 PM

Everythimg livnmg has life in common. My opinion is that some scientists refuse to admit that life may not have been created. Perhps it is life thar animates matter instead of the other way arround

#6 what if

what if

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

Everythimg livnmg has life in common. My opinion is that some scientists refuse to admit that life may not have been created. Perhps it is life thar animates matter instead of the other way arround

correct, science doesn't know what it is that makes a living cell "alive".
even if scientists succeed at working out the mechanics of the cell, this won't explain consciousness.
it might not even explain how it all was set into motion.
we might construct a cell right down to the last atom, and it'll do nothing but rot.

BTW, isn't "anti intelligence" an oxymoron like "war crimes"?

#7 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

What if said:

correct, science doesn't know what it is that makes a living cell "alive".

even if scientists succeed at working out the mechanics of the cell, this won't explain consciousness.
it might not even explain how it all was set into motion.
we might construct a cell right down to the last atom, and it'll do nothing but rot.

It alreaddy does . The cell dies that when life leaves and it begins to rot.

BTW, isn't "anti intelligence" an oxymoron like "war crimes"?

Yes, just like theistic evolution, and agnosticism which translates to mean; "I don't know one way or the other that intelligent life exists in the universe"! LOL

#8 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • California

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:59 AM

It is extremely hard to have a rational conversation with people who will bet their eternal soul that something MUCH MORE OUTLANDISH then this actually happened!!

millions-of-years-fairy-tale.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users