• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

please pray for my 85 year old mother.
she has stage 4 cancer in her lympth nodes, lungs, bones, and liver.
i really don't expect her to be alive next month.
  • Goku, mike the wiz, Gneiss girl and 1 other like this

#2 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Critical analysis and referents, Ephectic, Ultimate questions & how to answer, political philosophy, Constitutional Conservatism
  • (private)
  • Agnostic
  • Northeastern U.S. of A.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:12 AM

I wish you well.

I've been co-primary care for my mother who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung-cancer in 2012 with 4 metastacy in bones. She was given 3 to 5 months, prediction.

This year, the cancer metastacy reached the brain; she endured and recovered from full-head radiation treatments.

Six months ago, a metastacy to the liver was discovered.

A few months ago, she passed out and fell flat onto her face, where I found here unconscious, I being in an adjacent room. She would have died where she fell had I not turned her on her side, after which she began to breathe and recover consciousness.

She has recovered from the fall, and is doing well.

#3 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Critical analysis and referents, Ephectic, Ultimate questions & how to answer, political philosophy, Constitutional Conservatism
  • (private)
  • Agnostic

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

You should not infer from this that I've read any posts of yours in other threads.

#4 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • (private)
  • Agnostic

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

You should not infer from this that I've read any posts of yours in other threads.

As I type this, sitting beside my terminally ill mother and my niece, I have serious doubts as to the truth of the OP.

For the record, I had serious doubts prior to my reply.

Would anyone care to site evidence to support my suspicions?

#5 Blitzking

Blitzking

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • California

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

I wish you well.I've been co-primary care for my mother who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung-cancer in 2012 with 4 metastacy in bones. She was given 3 to 5 months, prediction.This year, the cancer metastacy reached the brain; she endured and recovered from full-head radiation treatments.Six months ago, a metastacy to the liver was discovered.A few months ago, she passed out and fell flat onto her face, where I found here unconscious, I being in an adjacent room. She would have died where she fell had I not turned her on her side, after which she began to breathe and recover consciousness.She has recovered from the fall, and is doing well.

And after all of those incredible miracles you still deny the power of a Supernatual God who has obviously touched your mother's life in a special way for some reason? Is your mother an Atheist? I wonder..

How can you be so blind..?

#6 Gneiss girl

Gneiss girl

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • (private)
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Western US

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

I wish you well.

I've been co-primary care for my mother who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung-cancer in 2012 with 4 metastacy in bones. She was given 3 to 5 months, prediction.

This year, the cancer metastacy reached the brain; she endured and recovered from full-head radiation treatments.

A few months ago, she passed out and fell flat onto her face, where I found here unconscious, I being in an adjacent room. She would have died where she fell had I not turned her on her side, after which she began to breathe and recover consciousness.

You have my sincere best wishes at this difficult and stressful time. Would you like prayers for your mother?

#7 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • (private)
  • Agnostic

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

I wish you well.

You have my sincere best wishes at this difficult and stressful time. Would you like prayers for your mother?

I thank you and will accept your offer for prayers which I will convey to my mother, who will be happy to hear, though I can't tell her it's on the internet because she thinks it is too dangerous.

#8 Schera Do

Schera Do

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • (private)
  • Agnostic

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:16 AM

Is your mother still of this mortal coil?

#9 mike the wiz

mike the wiz

Veteran member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:45 AM

Schera: Is your mother still of this mortal coil? 

(s)No, she's now a 20 year old virgin by the name of Buffy the vampire slayer.(/s)

(s= sarcasm).

Why wouldn't his mother still be in her predicament after so short a time? Of course the OP is true! and it's a diabolical faux pas to even hint that the OP is false.

#10 piasan

piasan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Oklahoma

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Why wouldn't his mother still be in her predicament after so short a time? Of course the OP is true! and it's a diabolical faux pas to even hint that the OP is false.

Well, I would hope she found a little more time.... or not.

One of the problems with modern medicine is that life can now be maintained long after it should (normally) have ended.  This often leads to additional suffering.  We all know of cases that by the time life ended, the whole family said: "Thank God the suffering is over."

In this case, if the suffering is minimal, I would hope she lasts much longer than the doctors said.  If the suffering is great, I hope she goes peacefully and soon.   We simply weren't given enough information to know the case.... nor is it any of our business.

For someone to "fake" such a thing would be pretty despicable.  For that reason, I treat all such statements as true.

What if's mother (and his family) are in my thoughts and prayers.

• mike the wiz likes this

#11 what if

what if

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:48 AM

my mother isn't doing any better.
she's having difficulty breathing, and her voice has faded to that of a 5 year old.
me and my sister was at her bedside a few days ago and she suddenly said "what's happening to me".
the good thing is, she doesn't appear to be in much pain.
the chemo has stopped, and the doctors said there is nothing else they can do.
the doctor told me point blank her condition is terminal.

she still gets around, although feebly.
she manages her own personal hygiene, and she'll go for rides around town and here and there.
i took her to the auction last night.

her sleep seems somewhat peaceful, but like i said, her breathing is difficult.
she's on oxygen 24/7.

she still recognizes everyone.

thanks to all of you that kept us in your prayers.

#12 what if

what if

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • indiana

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

my mother died today at 12:10 pm.
thanks to everyone that kept us in their prayers.
god bless all of you.

#13 piasan

piasan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Oklahoma

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

For what little it is worth, you have my sincere condolences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users