• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts
  • Interests:mikey mischief.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • England

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

With a flood we can make a prediction that because the bible says all life on earth perished, the fossils should show that the lifeforms preserved were fossilised while living.

In other words it makes more sense that the fossils should show tremendous preservation because they were not fossilised while they rotted like with long age stories.

This isn't the only factor of course, we should expect to find things that would usually take weeks or months to rot, which may be preserved. 

Not only is the chemistry of earth’s sedimentary rocks consistent with the rapid formation of fossils, but many fossils could only have been preserved in that manner. How else to explain the fossilized impressions of soft-tissue animals like squid, jellyfish, sponge embryos, and fish brains?3 These would normally have rotted within weeks or days and never have left a trace. Similarly, fossil clams with both valves still articulated are relatively abundant in fossiliferous layers. But it only takes weeks or days in the wild for the shells of dead clams to separate.

Impressions of soft tissues means the soft tissue survived for example. Rapid deposition of living things, is expected.

FOSSIL GRAVEYARDS;

There have been many fossil graveyards we might expect from catastrophe, Centrosaurus Ceratopsian dinos have been found with no evidence of weathering, dessication, bacterial or fungal degradation or insect bores. In the site known as BB43 there is hundreds to thousands of such dinosaurs, it is estimated.

187 parrot-beaked dinosaurs have been found, in Mongolia, altogether. With each an average of almost 2 metres it would take a lot of sediment to bury them. 

In a fossil graveyard of Ichthyosaurs, in Chile, 50 fossils have been found, with soft tissue. Again even the evolutionists argue catastrophe from mud flows. One find was a mother in the process of giving birth.

MANY FOSSILS FOUND IN THE DEATH THROW POSITION;

Dinosaur and pterosaur skeletons are often found in this characteristic posture: head thrown back, hind limbs bent, tail extended. The “dead dinosaur posture” is found in other fossils too—the best known being the fossil bird Archaeopteryx shown here. There are so many fossils found in this posture that a recent article in New Scientist said there are “Too many, in fact, to be a coincidence.”

On the below picture we see some examples of what we might expect to see if fossils occur while things were in the process of living and were buried by catastrophe;

Attached File  Exquisite fossils1.jpg   208.89KB   0 downloads

CONCLUSION: This evidence might be explainable with long ages, several catastrophes, large floods or whatever, my claim isn't that it is impossible to explain in that way my claim is that the absence of all such evidence would falsify a flood scenario, but evidence of catastrophe consistent with a flood and which evolution scientists would also argue was catastrophe from things such as mud flows, can't be said to not be consistent with the biblical catastrophe, because you only want it to fit with chosen catastrophes. (double standard)

Please note all of the fossils shown are so well preserved that we can easily tell what they are despite semantics about their level of completeness pictures speak louder than words. You can literally create any google search for a fossil of anything, just type in one organism such as, "spider" and if they have been found in the fossils your search will bring hundreds of exquisite examples of spiders, try anything, frogs, fish, snakes, whatever, the preservation of these fossils is exquisite, and it seems to me from my basic search on google alone I must have found a thousand, and that's not including marine forms at all, of which most of the fossil record consists of.

The Wibble-wobbly reasoning is busted. :P

#2 popoi

popoi

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Kentucky

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

CONCLUSION: This evidence might be explainable with long ages, several catastrophes, large floods or whatever, my claim isn't that it is impossible to explain in that way my claim is that the absence of all such evidence would falsify a flood scenario, but evidence of catastrophe consistent with a flood and which evolution scientists would also argue was catastrophe from things such as mud flows, can't be said to not be consistent with the biblical catastrophe, because you only want it to fit with chosen catastrophes. (double standard)

I'm skeptical of the idea that some of this stuff is expected, but I don't think anyone's going to argue that a global flood couldn't produce some of those things. That wasn't really the issue anyway. The issues are whether a global flood can explain all of the evidence as a whole, and whether one is necessary to explain it.

Please note all of the fossils shown are so well preserved that we can easily tell what they are despite semantics about their level of completeness pictures speak louder than words. You can literally create any google search for a fossil of anything, just type in one organism such as, "spider" and if they have been found in the fossils your search will bring hundreds of exquisite examples of spiders, try anything, frogs, fish, snakes, whatever, the preservation of these fossils is exquisite, and it seems to me from my basic search on google alone I must have found a thousand, and that's not including marine forms at all, of which most of the fossil record consists of.

I did a search for "hominid fossil" and found this list. Looking through, I'm not sure I would describe the level of preservation of many of them as "exquisite".

#3 piasan

piasan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Oklahoma

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

With a flood we can make a prediction that because the bible says all life on earth perished, the fossils should show that the lifeforms preserved were fossilised while living.

In other words it makes more sense that the fossils should show tremendous preservation because they were not fossilised while they rotted like with long age stories.

This isn't the only factor of course, we should expect to find things that would usually take weeks or months to rot, which may be preserved. 

Not only is the chemistry of earth’s sedimentary rocks consistent with the rapid formation of fossils, but many fossils could only have been preserved in that manner. How else to explain the fossilized impressions of soft-tissue animals like squid, jellyfish, sponge embryos, and fish brains?3 These would normally have rotted within weeks or days and never have left a trace. Similarly, fossil clams with both valves still articulated are relatively abundant in fossiliferous layers. But it only takes weeks or days in the wild for the shells of dead clams to separate.

Have you ever gone clamming, mike?

Clams live buried in the sand.  If they die in the sand, how would their valves separate or open?

Impressions of soft tissues means the soft tissue survived for example. Rapid deposition of living things, is expected.

We would expect the same of the local and regional floods we experience on a regular basis.

In what way does this show the floods were global rather than than those we are already familiar with?  Short answer .... it doesn't.

You have conceded (above) that this evidence is explainable with "long ages, several catastrophes, large floods or whatever."  In other words, a global flood is NOT necessary as an explanation.

If you want to use your "fossil predictions" to show the flood of Noah was factual, it would be necessary to use evidence that would be unique to a single global flood event that can not be explained with the kind of flooding catastrophe we observe on a regular basis.

Occam's Razor dictates that in a case where the evidence is addressed equally well by the ordinary events or a single unique event, we should accept the ordinary rather than the extraordinary (and miraculous).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

StormanNorman