willis

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • CA

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:16 PM

Yes I know there was a bit of tongue in cheek, with the way you wrote it, but in fairness I still think the idea of a duel funded dig is not beyond the imposable, it would take some serious ‘bridge mending’ to be sure.

I find it unrealistic because the goal is different. The paelontologist is looking to expand on the information about the geologic time scale and the creationist is trying to disprove. What a terrible conflict of interest.

As for the scientists not wanting to find ‘something’, I disagree, I can assure they would not fear finding a human foot print, because such a thing in the Mesozoic strata is an impossibility.

Even of that meant abandoning the evolution theory? Keeping in mind there is definite evidence supporting the find.

Not sure I understand the question, if you mean “give me an example” I would answer an “out of sequence fossil” this would falsify evolution.
If you mean ‘how the evidence is presented’, I personally only require one rule, and that is honesty. I.e. If you present evidence, and I examining it and find it erroneous, or that the source is questionable, or is based on a false premise, I expect one to concede the point and not leave the debate hoping that all will be forgotten. Examining the claim in detail will find the error.

I meant the current evidences used for creation, what do you think of them? Do think it is deceptive or inaccurate?

#42 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

chance>
Yes I know there was a bit of tongue in cheek, with the way you wrote it, but in fairness I still think the idea of a duel funded dig is not beyond the imposable, it would take some serious ‘bridge mending’ to be sure.

Willis>
I find it unrealistic because the goal is different. The paelontologist is looking to expand on the information about the geologic time scale and the creationist is trying to disprove. What a terrible conflict of interest.

Well perhaps your right, I’ve always been a bit of an optimist. I would like to think such things as religious persuasion would not hinder science. I am only looking at this as in both parties do the digging together and agree that protocol is observed, i.e. in-situ pictures taken, no one takes the prints away, that sort of thing. Both have to do that anyway to uncover the prints. If one were to dig a well for oil or water, the digging is the same. Still we’ll never know if one never tries.

chance>
As for the scientists not wanting to find ‘something’, I disagree, I can assure they would not fear finding a human foot print, because such a thing in the Mesozoic strata is an impossibility.

Willis>
Even of that meant abandoning the evolution theory? Keeping in mind there is definite evidence supporting the find.

If a human fossil was found in the jaws of a tyrannosaurus, type of thing, I don’t think one could do much else, but abandon evolution.

chance>
Not sure I understand the question,

Willis>
I meant the current evidences used for creation, what do you think of them? Do think it is deceptive or inaccurate?

Both but mainly deceptive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users