Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6602 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

You know I just realized how valuable this virtually unused bit of the forum was. When I look back on why I came to this forum and also why I stayed here it was for totally selfish reasons. I came here looking for answers and I stayed because I trusted the location to write down my thoughts and have them cataloged for reference and scrutinized by intelligent people.

This is basically the place I dump my thoughts and find it an added bonus that people who both agree and disagree can have a chance to scrutinize my perspective. Having such a good group to share ideas with has been such a blessing and I've learned so much in the last several months here that I can't begin to express how thankful I am to the people I interact with frequently and this is including many of our most recent members who have grown on me in an extremely short order as friends and very intelligent contributors and certainly thankful to the Lord for leading me here. In an effort to get my ducks in a row on a topic I found intriguing, I've found myself blessed with great friendships.

It's time to take advantage of this forum because friends need to pray for each other. Ikester, mentioned how important this was recently and I'm agreeing with him on this post.

I know there are some prayer warriors that contribute here and lurk here. I would like to have prayer for our church. It is a relatively young non-denominational (for a lack of a better term... We're a fundigelical, pew-jumpin charismatic...) church that has been blessed with a lot of diverse talent but we need prayer because we feel like we're bursting at the seems in some ways and stalling and sputtering in other ways. Please pray for our leadership and pray for our direction. We need to start tying up lose ends. Little things like our website, and people not falling through the cracks regarding their talents or needs, and our pastor knowing how to take his own next steps as an energetic, humble and loving young Sheppard, and yours truly staying faithful to stay where God has called him to, neither looking to the right or the left but focusing on Jesus. Of course, as the title indicates, pray for our youth group. They are some of the most grounded young adults that I know and I pray that they can take what we give them and do this life better then we could. I pray that they leave us in the dust and leave us marveling at their steadfastness to follow Christ.

Thank you for your prayers.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

Your group is not complete yet. Just pray and wait on God. Waiting is a hard lesson to learn, and if you don't learn it well. It will keep getting taught to you.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6602 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:01 AM

Your group is not complete yet. Just pray and wait on God. Waiting is a hard lesson to learn, and if you don't learn it well. It will keep getting taught to you.

View Post

You know this resonates with our situation. thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users