• 333 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Creation, Air Force, Traveling, Cooking, Movies
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • New Jersey

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

This is quite an amazing turtle!

A few excerpts from the article:

For over a decade now, it has been known that loggerheads, even as hatchlings, can use the earth’s magnetic field to help them tell north from south and steer themselves along the right latitude. How could such an amazing ability have arisen by evolution? As famous evolutionist J.B.S. Haldane noted in 1949, evolution could never produce “various mechanisms such as the wheel and magnet, which would be useless till fairly perfect”.To detect the earth’s magnetic field, loggerhead turtles must have some sort of magnetic sensor—thus, by Haldane’s criterion, proving evolution

However, loggerheads have surprised evolutionists by demonstrating, “against reasonable expectation”,7 that the turtles can clearly determine longitude.

So, loggerheads can detect both the intensity (field strength) and the inclination (angle) of the earth’s magnetic field to create “a mental map that covers all four points of the compass”.10 Actually, it’s more like a GPS than a mere direction-finding compass. As University of North Carolina researcher Nathan Putman pointed out, “a compass doesn’t really tell you where you are” whereas loggerheads’ mental magnetic map “gives them positional information”.I.e., “turtles determine longitudinal position by using pairings of intensity and inclination angle as an X, Y coordinate system.”

Yet again, I'm sure evolutionists will chalk this up to a mutation, needed it for survival, instinct, etc.

I give credit to God, the Intelligent Designer, that designed this amazing creature and everything else in this amazing world of ours!

Full article is here: http://creation.com/...-with-evolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users