• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:58 PM

This Bible Q&A forum is intended as a place to debate and discuss Christian doctrine and application, interpretation issues, attitude and lifestyle, etc. Questions are encouraged by Christians and non-Christians-alike; however, non-Christians are not permitted to directly answer questions submitted in the opening post (non-Christians include Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses)[1], or otherwise present from a Bible advocacy position. Follow-up participation is open to all, but for non-Christians it should be primarily in the spirit of inquiry.

There will be some general leeway on questions regarding alleged contradictions or other Bible criticisms, provided it is in the spirit of understanding the passage, and is not from the usual skeptic fare that is insincere and has been debated countless times over across the internet. Please be sure to regularly use scripture to back up claims.

For example, we do not want to waste time in this forum debating things like: "how did the kangaroo get to Australia", "is Pi wrong in the Bible?", "the gospels contradict each other", "Creation and the Flood are stories copied from Babylonian myths" etc. While there are solid answers to these specious skeptic favorites, this isn't the intent of this forum. There may be occasions where we choose to answer questions like these, but we will also likely close the topic after our response to prevent wasting time on further debate.

Examples of topics that are welcome in this forum include "Pre-destination and free will", "Is there sin in heaven?", "What is the Bible's position on euthanasia?", "The Bible and slavery" etc.

For those seeking answers to almost every alleged Bible contradiction, perhaps the foremost website in dealing with these is

www.tektonics.org.

Fred Williams

[1] - The following represent the very core of Christianity and are essential for salvation: the deity of Christ, the Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, salvation by grace alone through Christ alone, and the core gospel as outlined by the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15.

#2 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

So people know where I stand on various scriptural issues, I recently added a page describing what I believe:

http://www.evolution.../my_beliefs.htm

In Christ,
Fred Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users