Photo

Jesus Traveling At The Speed Of Thought?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:22 AM

During a study of the book of John I was struck with something I hadn’t noticed before. In John 6: 10-21, when the disciples saw Jesus walking on the water, after he got in the boat something amazing happened. Apparently they were immediately translated to the shore. This incident wasn’t recorded during the account in Matthew 14:25 (which doesn’t negate its actuality), that account focused more on Peter walking on the water.

Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went. - John 6:21

The account of John 6:21 reminded me of John 20:19 and 20:26 when Jesus was translated into (or stood in) their midst.

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. - John 20:19

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. - John 20:26

Had anyone else noticed this in John 6:21 before, and what do you make of it?

#2 Preachbill

Preachbill

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Preaching the Word, FlightSimming.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Michigan

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:37 AM

During a study of the book of John I was struck with something I hadn’t noticed before. In John 6: 10-21, when the disciples saw Jesus walking on the water, after he got in the boat something amazing happened. Apparently they were immediately translated to the shore. This incident wasn’t recorded during the account in Matthew 14:25 (which doesn’t negate its actuality), that account focused more on Peter walking on the water.

Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went. - John 6:21 

The account of John 6:21 reminded me of John 20:19 and 20:26 when Jesus was translated into (or stood in) their midst.

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.  - John 20:19 

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. -  John 20:26 
Had anyone else noticed this in John 6:21 before, and what do you make of it?

View Post

Well, the scriptures support the speed of thought here, Jesus resurected body was glorified body and not limited to the laws of nature. He is God, he created the laws. Jesus was showing his diciples that he is God and had the power over nature and thought.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

I think those are both great passages that reveal the power of God and His control over nature and not the other way around. Thanks for sharing.

#4 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Thats very interesting, and it goes to show that God really is in control.

#5 trilobite

trilobite

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • illinois

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

I had not noticed. Chalk it up with all the other miracles, like a coin from a fish. He has authority over all creation. Thanks for the point out.

#6 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

I had not noticed. Chalk it up with all the other miracles, like a coin from a fish. He has authority over all creation. Thanks for the point out.

View Post

Yes, and I thought it odd that I'd never noticed the "speed of thought" move to shore before :)
It seem like quite the oversight on my part here.

#7 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:41 AM

I think those are both great passages that reveal the power of God and His control over nature and not the other way around. Thanks for sharing.

View Post

Just a few of the many Adam :lol:

#8 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

Oh! my brothers, the message this is for us all, if we are in trouble, having difficulties, tempest tossed, will we look to Peter? [dear brave Peter] he cannot still the tempest or assuage the raging seas,Peter is not the One who can walk on water, he is not the Miracle worker, he must cry for himself "Lord! save I perish"

And what a message it is for revival, I believe any church fellowship will know revival if they will quit programmnes and stop looking to men but cry for the Lord to take command. But God is gonna do it His way, he is done with the 16th century He is going to be God, and He is going to be supernatural [did you think He should ask us first before He starts healing folks and doing miracles] but amazingly He DOES wait for us, that passage says if not in John then in one of the parallel gospels that the disciple were affrighted and thought it was all spiritualism and He would have passed them by.

I'm nagging my brothers, but the church must see the danger the church is in this is a most perilous time, it is time to stop resisting the Lord, at the moment there a few Peters out walking the water in healing/miracle ministry and all the other disciples are laughing and criticising, condemning from the safety of the boat [but which is set to be upturned] but what is needed is for the WHOLE church to cry out to the Lord until He comes.

I believe this portion of scripture is prophetic of the end-times, the Lord having ascended the mountain was watching, no rapture without fulness of miracle working power. nag, nag

#9 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

Oh! my brothers, the message this is for us all, if we are in trouble, having difficulties, tempest tossed, will we look to Peter? [dear brave Peter] he cannot still the tempest or assuage the raging seas,Peter is not the One who can walk on water, he is not the Miracle worker, he must cry for himself "Lord! save I perish"

And what a message it is for revival, I believe any church fellowship will know revival if they will quit programmnes and stop looking to men but cry for the Lord to take command. But God is gonna do it His way, he is done with the 16th century He is going to be God, and He is going to be supernatural [did you think He should ask us first before He starts healing folks and doing miracles] but amazingly He DOES wait for us, that passage says if not in John then in one of the parallel gospels that the disciple were affrighted and thought it was all spiritualism and He would have passed them by.

I'm nagging my brothers, but the church must see the danger the church is in this is a most perilous time, it is time to stop resisting the Lord, at the moment there a few Peters out walking the water in healing/miracle ministry and all the other disciples are laughing and criticising, condemning from the safety of the boat [but which is set to be upturned] but what is needed is for the WHOLE church to cry out to the Lord until He comes.

I believe this portion of scripture is prophetic of the end-times, the Lord having ascended the mountain was watching, no rapture without fulness of miracle working power. nag, nag

View Post

Amen, I totally agree Totten. We have traveled far from the trunk of the tree, and it's nourishing roots. The church today isn't that far removed from that of the Scribes and Pharisees (being steeped in tradition, and far from the heart of the Gospel matter) in their secularism, and non-spiritualisim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users