The Many Types Of Works.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:32 AM

No works will help you get salvation. But there are works required after your saved. Plus what salvation is. I have put alot of hours into studying this. And I believe I only touched the surface of all that was there on this subject.

1) A new creature. Which means we change.
2) A child. Which means we need correction in order to change.

But what is our salvation called?

1) A marriage. Which means we have vows and duties (conditions) to abide by. But it also means that there can be seperation, or divorce. God does not ever divorce us, it is we who divorce Him by our actions. For salvation to be all that it is in the word of God, then all of how it is discribed has to apply. Or it is a lie. So if it's a marriage, then divorce applies. And if it don't, then either the translators made a mistake, or God did.
2) A Gift. Because the salvation is given to all. Both rich and poor, none are excluded if they are willing to believe and have faith. A gift discribes "how" it is given, not how it should be used.

Ac 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

Salvation is spiritual, for how can something physical be given in return?

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What could you give in price for something that is priceless? God knew this.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:* it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.**

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.***

* Trying to find another way which would be by the golden rule. This is to show there is only one way to the Father, and that is through His son.

** We are to humble ourselves and not boast. For we become vessels in which God works through, so the works we do are not our own. And the Glory should go to God and not ourselves through boasting to one another.

*** Here it is explained again, in another way, that we are now different (new creatures) in Christ. And that what we do (works) are now good works for Christ, and this work is not of our own doing. For it is not ourselves that the work is done.

So when works are discredited in the God's word, notice that there is a reference to the work being of ourselves. But when work is refered to as a work for Christ, it is refered to as a good work.

This is because, before we were saved, who did we work for? Ourselves. Works that we can boast about that was our own. But after we are saved, our works should only glorify Christ. The testing by fire is to see whether we make this transition from our works to His works. Which is good works.

This is also why christ said that He would have us rather be hot or cold, instead of luke warm. Because when it comes to works of good and bad, you don't want a bunch of bad to stoke the fire they will be tested by.

Cold: Someone who follows, sets a good example, reads Gods word. The work here is not much, but it's not a bunch of bad work. Or carnal work that you can boast about that does not glorify God.

Luke warm: Someone who does not want to release the old work to become a new creature, wants to hold on to it. Allows pride to guide them and tries to glorify self more than God. Looks for more stuff to glorify self. And because they make others look at them more than God, what they do is considered luke warm. And when their works are test by fire, what glorifies them, will burn up, and they will have the smell of smoke upon them.

Hot: Are those who strive for the mark that God would have us all strive for. Most everything they do Glorifies God in one way are another. When people look at them, they see the God this person lives for. They are good examples of what Christ is. And they set this example in every good work they do. And when it comes time to tests their works with fire, very little burns, but the good works, that are not carnal, becomes more purified and Holy in the eyes of God.

So let's see what verses have good works, and notice how it is worded to glorify God:

Mt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

Ac 9:36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

Ro 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.etc...

Then we have wonderful works:

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Ac 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Then we have the works of Christ.

Mt 11:2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

Then we have mighty works:

Mt 11:21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Mt 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

Mt 13:54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?

Mt 13:58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Mt 14:2 And said unto his servants, This is John the Baptist; he is risen from the dead; and therefore mighty works do show forth themselves in him.

Mr 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

Mr 6:14 And king Herod heard of him; (for his name was spread abroad:) and he said, That John the Baptist was risen from the dead, and therefore mighty works do show forth themselves in him.

Lu 10:13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.

Lu 19:37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;etc...

Then we have what I call personal works. These works are either a reference to what is of God or man. God's word uses the term His works and their works to describe this.

Mt 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Ac 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

2ti 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Then we have their works:

Mt 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Mt 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

2co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Re 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Re 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.etc...

#2 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:38 AM

This will be a more in depth listing of verses.

Good works:
1) Jesus:
John 10,
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Acts 10,
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

2) What women should manifest:
1 Timothy 2,
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1 Timothy 5,
10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

3) God remembers:
Nehemiah 13,
14 Remember me, O my God, concerning this, and wipe not out my good deeds that I have done for the house of my God, and for the offices thereof.
Hebrews 6,
9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

4) Will be brought into judgment:
Ecclesiastes 12,
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
II Corinthians 5,
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

6) In the judgment, will be an evidence of faith:
Matthew 25,
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
James 2,
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

7) Servants should be patterns of:
Titus 2,
7 In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

8) Servants should exhort to:
I Timothy 6,
17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
Titus 3,
1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
14 And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

9) God is glorified by:
John 15,
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

10) Designed to lead others to glorify God:
Matthew 5,
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
1 Peter 2,
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

11) A blessing attends:
James 1,
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

12) Of the righteous, are manifest:
I Timothy 5,
25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

Next post will be examples in the parables.

#3 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:40 AM

Parables relating to:
The talents-
Matthew 25,
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strowed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strowed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

The pounds-
Luke 19,
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.20And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

The laborer’s in the vineyard-
Matthew 20,
11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

The two sons-
Matthew 21,
28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

The barren fig tree-
Luke 13,
6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

#4 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

Good works have the glory of God as their object; and (3) they have the revealed will of God as their only rule:
Deuteronomy 12,
32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
Revelation 22,
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Good works are an expression of gratitude in the believer's heart:
John 14,
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Galatians 5,
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

They are the fruits of the Spirit:
Titus 2,
10 Not purloining, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;...

And thus spring from grace, which they illustrate and strengthen in the heart.

Good works of the most sincere believers are all imperfect, yet like their persons they are accepted through the mediation of Jesus Christ.
Colossians 3
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
and so are rewarded; they have no merit intrinsically, but are rewarded wholly of grace.

#5 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:45 AM

There's more, but I think this is enough. I posted this so that it is understood that there are different works.

1) Works will not save you. There are no works for salvation.
2) There are bad works. Works that are not Godly.
3) There are works that are for the kingdom. Good works.
4) There are works for God's glory. Good works.
5) There are works of the spirit. Good works.
etc...

Salvation is not obtained by any work. You either accept Christ as your savior, or you don't. You cannot work you way around salvation with living the golden rule.
Romans 11,
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Ephesians 2,
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

II Timothy 1,
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Titus 3,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Before we become a child of God. Our works mean nothing. For they cannot be for God, when we have not accepted His son. So if by living a good and moral life, someone might think they will go to heaven. But as shown from the verses above, that won't happen.

After we become a child of God. We also become ambassadors for who we have accepted as our savior. This is when works start to count. For everything we do is a representation of who Christ is. This is why it is said that we are to be more like Him. One of the reasons we become a new creature is because our past sins no longer count. And Christ now dwells in our hearts.

Becoming a new creature does not make us not sin. But it gives us the ability to resist the tempter who makes us sin. And we can ask for forgivness of any sin we have already committed. Our works go from being worth nothing, to now being for God's glory.

And this is also where a misunderstanding takes place. Works, in some verses, are applied to both sides of the issue of being saved or unsaved. God's word makes it very clear that the good works, that glorify God, are the works for the saved. And the works that mean nothing, and don't apply to grace, are all the works that do not glorify God, and works that are done by the unsaved, which do nothing without the blood of Christ.

#6 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

Some people might misunderstand why things need to go to God's glory, instead of themselves. God has it this way because He knows that man is easly puffed up, where pride takes over and causes seperation from God. Pride can make us think evil things, do evil things. And make us even forget God. This is why we should do our works for Him. God knows how to handle what glorifies Him. So it does not become something currupt that would lead to sin. We are not capable of that. And is one of the reasons Christ came to earth to die.

#7 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:01 AM

What is interesting, I just got finished comparing works to deeds. Deeds are considered a self act. Something you did with only yourself in mind. A work is consider something you did with someone else, or something else in mind (good or evil). And it can be something against someone as well, which includes God.

Jeremiah 25:
14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.

If you notice in that verse, works and deeds are seperated. Not considered the same. Deeds also seem to be something that can be made good through recompense. And works will be something judge in heaven.

#8 chance

chance

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

What is interesting, I just got finished comparing works to deeds. Deeds are considered a self act. Something you did with only yourself in mind. A work is consider something you did with someone else, or something else in mind (good or evil). And it can be something against someone as well, which includes God.

Jeremiah 25:
14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.

If you notice in that verse, works and deeds are seperated. Not considered the same. Deeds also seem to be something that can be made good through recompense. And works will be something judge in heaven.

View Post

This would make theological sense, because if works determined your salvation, only the rich and powerful would have the means to achieve them.
But I am puzzled by the statement that works are judged in heaven

And works will be something judge in heaven

, to what ends are they judged? a reward?
E.g. some holy man responsible for saving many and spreading the gospel, as opposed to ‘average Joe’ who worked for the same man?

#9 Geezer

Geezer

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Judaism Orthodox
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

I would opine works are judged in heaven since the L-rd does works.

Jos 24:31  And Israel served the L-RD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that overlived Joshua, and which had known all the works of the L-RD, that he had done for Israel.

Jdg 2:10  And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers:1 and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the L-RD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.

And numerous others throughout Torah. BTW, "works" from Hebrew:

מעשׂה
ma‛ăśeh
mah-as-eh'
an action (good or bad); generally a transaction; abstractly activity; by implication a product (specifically a poem) or (generally) property: - act, art, + bakemeat, business, deed, do (-ing), labour, thing made, ware of making, occupation, thing offered, operation, possession, X well, ([handy-, needle-, net-]) work, (-ing, -manship), wrought.

From the root :
עשׂה
‛âśâh
aw-saw'
A primitive root; to do or make, in the broadest sense and widest application: - accomplish, advance, appoint, apt, be at, become, bear, bestow, bring forth, bruise, be busy, X certainly, have the charge of, commit, deal (with), deck, + displease, do, (ready) dress (-ed), (put in) execute (-ion), exercise, fashion, + feast, [fight-] ing man, + finish, fit, fly, follow, fulfil, furnish, gather, get, go about, govern, grant, great, + hinder, hold ([a feast]), X indeed, + be industrious, + journey, keep, labour, maintain, make, be meet, observe, be occupied, offer, + officer, pare, bring (come) to pass, perform, practise, prepare, procure, provide, put, requite, X sacrifice, serve, set, shew, X sin, spend, X surely, take, X thoroughly, trim, X very, + vex, be [warr-] ior, work (-man), yield, use.

***edited for tag closing - doh!***

#10 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:13 PM

Why do you leave the O out of the word LORD?

#11 Geezer

Geezer

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Judaism Orthodox
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

Why do you leave the O out of the word LORD?

Because I am an Orthodox Jew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users