Universe Created In 6 Days?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#61 Stripe

Stripe

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, cricket, earthquakes.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Taipei, Taiwan.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Because the bible says so. How many times do I have to repeat myself that the watery earth (erets meaning land OR earth) was created BEFORE the six days according to the bible, yet the land surface (erets meaning land OR earth) was created on day 3. This means that when Exodus is referring to the creation of the "ERETS" WITHIN the six days , its referring merely to LAND being created on day 3, not the watery earth created BEFORE day 1.

How many times do you want to repeat it?

When there is no need to add to the six days there is no need to exclude anything from the verses that say everything was created in six days.

So, I'll ask again: Why the insistence that there must be more than six days?

My view is NOT watering down the bible, its getting closer to the truth of the bible.

Great! So what exactly is this truth you're wanting to convey?

#62 Reptoman

Reptoman

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

To be honest wether or not the earth was water/ water per vs 1, or water/land verse 3, in the realm of the rest of creation, I am not sure what the big argument is about?

Gods intent was to create the bio-mass and human kind, this took land (eventually), many YEc's including a good friend of mine recently gave very good arguments for water/ water...if so; land was created right after that?

My inclination that when the earth (eretz) was void and without form, this picture also infers a world without purpose... I take the position as some fo my other good friends that beneath the waters that the Spirit hovered over, there was land....(see psalms and other creation scriptures) and not soup but actual land and that would be with strata, and possible mountains below the waters. When GOD spoke the waters and dry land appeared, one of two things could have taken place--either he spoke into existence--land... Or the waters parted and it became dry land....which existed previously?

I know many here are discussing Pangea and one land mass... and certainly that is possible....but the splitting of land at Peleg seems like removing pieces of the earth thousands of miles would be such a huge thing that all life would have been affected by that?

Also I do not take the position that the wwFlood was responsible for the formation of continents as we know them, I actually believe they were formed fully robust with a look of age and the biomass that was put in each and every eco-system as God spoke them into existence calls for mountains, valleys, dessert areas, and grasslands. The fossil record clearly shows all of these land types existed pre-flood, though this flies in the face of some YEC ideas. The earth of the pre-flood world was nothing like it is today and certainly the diversity was huge compared to today as well as the distribution of animal fauna and flora (per fossil record). So it was a different world at the time including the oxygen content, but I have an inclination (yes my own "presupposition") given our current diversity that is living and has a fossil record that it is very possible the continents (more or less) were created in the beginning of creation.....

I don't see the need for millions of years, and I don't think that our God is so small that he couldn't speak into existence a biomass...or land or anything. we have the bible as a historic narrative, and we ahve observable science - none of us were there so I don't see how the argument for water/water or water/land is that big of an issue???? He obviously began creating shortly after the land appeared....

#63 Stripe

Stripe

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, cricket, earthquakes.
  • Christian
  • Taipei, Taiwan.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

To be honest wether or not the earth was water/ water per vs 1, or water/land verse 3, in the realm of the rest of creation, I am not sure what the big argument is about?

Nor am I. There seems to be the need to extend creation beyond the six days described in the bible. I have no idea why this need exists.

#64 Dig4gold

Dig4gold

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Raleigh, NC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

In the beginning I built a garden and a birdbath.

Now the garden and the birdbath were not planted or filled with water and I walked around the garden.

There were no seeds planted in the garden so I planted some seeds and that was day one.

There was no water in the birdbath so I filled it with water and that was day two.

I watered the seeds and placed a birdfeeder next to the birdbath and that was day three.

The seeds sprouted and the birds came and I saw that it was very good and that was day four.

I rested on the fifth day.

In four days I built the garden and the birdbath and all that is in them and on the fifth day I rested from all of my labors.

Could the garden and the birdbath have been built before day one? Perhaps it could have been interpreted that way if it were not for the last sentence. But in light of the last sentence it could not have been created before day one. The last sentence includes the building of the garden and the birdbath within the first day as well as the planting of the seeds.

Gen 2:1-2 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Ex 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users