Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

I have some people in my facebook some of them are atheist , one of them posted this image with this message "Science FTW xD" so I thought, 'let's see.'

Posted Image

Then i read another message like the this one saying the earth is flat. I told them the Bible says earth was round before any scientist did. They replied to me that it's not true because according to the original text in hebrew it says is circular so its talking about a 2d figure not 3d so the Bible is wrong

Then I wrote that there's not any evidence about another intelligent race in the universe. Show me the photos or videos. So they replied to me , its impossible because they are to far away , but according to "some physic theory" they are there but we cant reach them. So I told them -you have a lot of faith on those theories. One of them told me it's not faith it's science you better go an talk with your invisible god.

So yeah,it'is frustrating talk with atheist what do you think about those "facts"?

#2 Salsa

Salsa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

This foolish "flat earth" argument is based on verses such as Isaiah 40:22 which clearly discusses how the world appears from God's perspective:

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

The "original hebrew text" does not say the the earth IS circular" (you might as well say the the Bible claims that people ARE grasshoppers.) No, it speaks about the "circle of the earth" which it does have when observed from a distance.

#3 Isabella

Isabella

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Cell biology, developmental biology, genetics, zoology, anthropology.
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Vancouver, Canada

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Then i wrote about theres not any evidence about another intelligent race in the universe show me the photos or videos so they replied me , its imposible because they are to far away , but according " introduce some physic theorie" they are there but we cant reach them so i told them -you have a lot of faith on those theories and one of them told me is not faith is science you better go an talk with you invisible god xd

I’m sorry to hear that your Facebook “friends” are so disrespectful towards your beliefs. I have plenty of Christian friends, but I would never insult them like that. It’s a shame that some atheists feel the need to act that way.
  • gilbo12345 likes this

#4 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

I've seen that before. It's straw man after straw man. Atheist trolls everywhere are proud, but in the mean time, this cartoon logically fails, and even honest atheists know it. It's basically just cheap silly propaganda for the "missing links" you find stalking about the internet nowadays. The sad thing is, I used to laugh at things like that. So glad God let me keep breathing long enough to repent and be saved.

#5 Quaker Reason

Quaker Reason

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Science, History, Military, Computers, Roman History, Astronomy, Books, The Truth
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Indiana

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

I personally would of blocked out the part that had the "f word" (The whole FFFFFFUUUUUUU is the f word just short) but apart from this, A lot of Atheist trolls do indeed fail.

Posted Image

I swear, this image makes me SO MAD. There is no such thing as a "Christian Dark Age" the Middle Ages was not caused by religion the fall of Rome led to the general decline of knowledge during the Middle Ages. Honest Atheists will admit this, but dishonest Atheists make up stupid propaganda like this.

Fun Fact for Atheists: The Roman Catholic Church preserved knowledge.

#6 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

How ironic that the fathers of modern science were Christian.
  • gilbo12345 likes this

#7 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

How ironic that the fathers of modern science were Christian.

if you said that ,they respond with this

Posted Image

I thought einstein wasn't atheist , he believed in God after all he was jew

#8 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

I personally would of blocked out the part that had the "f word" (The whole FFFFFFUUUUUUU is the f word just short) but apart from this, A lot of Atheist trolls do indeed fail.

Posted Image

I swear, this image makes me SO MAD. There is no such thing as a "Christian Dark Age" the Middle Ages was not caused by religion the fall of Rome led to the general decline of knowledge during the Middle Ages. Honest Atheists will admit this, but dishonest Atheists make up stupid propaganda like this.

of course because in this world created for the randomness religion is bad because doesnt make any sense

Posted Image

#9 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

If anything will keep us from exploring the dark reaches of space it will be politics. Seriously.
  • gilbo12345 likes this

#10 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."

However, it would also seem that Einstein was not an atheist, since he also complained about being put into that camp:

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

"Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."- Albert Einstein

Enjoy.

#11 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

That is easily proven wrong by a thread I started that shows the fathers of modern sciences were almost all bible believing creationists.

http://www.evolution...indpost&p=23698

Enjoy.

#12 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

About flat earth:

In 1828, American writer Washington Irving (author of Rip Van Winkle) published a book entitled The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus. It was a mixture of fact and fiction, with Irving himself admitting he was “apt to indulge in the imagination.”

Its theme was the victory of a lone believer in a spherical Earth over a united front of Bible-quoting, superstitious ignoramuses, convinced the Earth was flat. In fact, the well-known argument at the Council of Salamanca was about the dubious distance between Europe and Japan which Columbus presented—it had nothing to do with the shape of the Earth.

Later authors repeated this error:

In 1834, the anti-Christian Letronne falsely claimed that most of the Church Fathers, including Augustine, Ambrose and Basil, held to a flat Earth. His work has been repeatedly cited as “reputable” ever since.

In the late nineteenth century, the writings of John William Draper and Andrew Dickson White were responsible for promoting the myth that the church taught a flat Earth. Both had Christian backgrounds, but rejected these early in life.

Englishman Draper convinced himself that with the downfall of the Roman Empire the 'affairs of men fell into the hands of ignorant and infuriated ecclesiastics, parasites, eunuchs and slaves' these were the 'Dark Ages'. Draper's work, History of the Conflict between Religion and Science (1874), was directed particularly against the Roman Church, and was a best seller.

Meanwhile White (who founded Cornell University as the first explicitly secular university in the United States), published the two-volume scholarly work History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom, in 1896.

Both men incorrectly portrayed a continuing battle through the Christian era between the defenders of ignorance and the enlightened rationalists. In fact, not only did the church not promote the flat Earth, it is clear from such passages as Isaiah 40:22 that the Bible implies it is spherical. (Non-literal figures of speech such as the “four corners of the Earth” are still used today.)

Encyclopedias Erase the Myth:

While many will have lost their faith through the writing of such men as Irving, Draper and White, it is gratifying to know that the following encyclopedias now present the correct account of the Columbus affair: The New Encyclopaedia Britannica (1985), Colliers Encyclopaedia (1984), The Encyclopedia Americana (1987) and The World Book for Children (1989).

There is still a long way to go before the average student will know that Christianity did not invent or promote the myth of the flat Earth.

To make it look like that the Christians started this Flat Earth myth. The atheists of that time actually look for verses in the Bible to help their cause of deception. What they found is this:

rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

So we have four angels, standing on the four corners of the earth. Holding the four winds. To have the four angels control the four winds. Where would they have to stand? At the places where the four winds come from. North, south, east, and west. So the four corners are a reference to four directions of the earth not a description of how the earth is shaped as atheist-evolutionists will try and convince you that it is.

Posted Image

And here is some other verses they will use:

acts 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Their question will be: How does a sphere have an end? Simple. If you face a ball, which is spherical, and grab it. Where is it that you are grabbing it? On it's ends. So the earth has ends according to where you are looking at it from.

Posted Image

So from this lame attempt to make Flat earth look like it was a Myth thought up by Christians is pretty lame. And then try to make Biblical verses match this was even lamer. But this also shows that evolutionists really have no problem with lying to discredit what they choose not to believe. Even to the point where the lie gets so out of hand that it is even still taught in our schools as truth. So how many reading this were taught that most people in Columbus time actually thought the earth was flat, due to what the Bible said? I was. Then you were duped by a lie started by atheists, then carried on by evolutionists. And for any evolutionists reading this, you were lied to by your own peers. Which makes me wonder how many more lies are out there started by those who would do anything to discredit the Christian faith?

http://www.yecheadqu...flat_earth.html

#13 Quaker Reason

Quaker Reason

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Science, History, Military, Computers, Roman History, Astronomy, Books, The Truth
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Indiana

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't think anyone knows the religion of Einstein. A lot of things he said would make him an Atheist and a lot of things he said would make him a Christian. I study religion on famous people, and I frankly can't come up with an answer to his religion. Being a Jew doesn't exactly entitle that he's religious. I know a Jew who sings for one of my favorite music groups and he is "not religious at all".
  • Prototypical likes this

#14 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Wow really good info Ikester. I still thought there was a flat earth myth back in that time.

Quaker Reason: Being of Jewish descent, and being a Jew by faith are two different things, yet people get these confused. I was of Christian descent when I was younger, so I said I was a Christian, but I didn't learn what it actually meant until I was 20 years old. Strange how that works.

As for Einstein, he may have changed his beliefs throughout his life. Many people do. What would it prove if Einstein were an atheist? Would that prove that God doesn't exist? No. It never ceases to amaze me how easily atheists can fool themselves with logical fallacies, false conclusions drawn by their conformist worldview, and outright lies. They call this being a "free thinker"?

#15 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

In my school they taught about the fight between christianity and the enlightened ones, just to add some validity to eiksters claim that they teach it in public schools. I also was taught that a priest could pay for their sins, funny how you can learn negative things about religion in school but the positives are evil religous indoctrination. lol.

#16 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

einstein was a man of jewish descent but not a jew in faith. judiasism oddly enough teaches that God is knowable and is revealed in the torah and can be prayed too. very close to what we say.

einstein was more of a diest and judiasm certian is a far from diesm as we are.

#17 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

I used to be a deist, because in my mind, evolution and Christianity could not be reconciled. If evolution was true, then the laws of nature were created (set in motion), and then God left to run like a clock. After all, I could not see the work of God in the world at that time. Later on, my heart was softened, the scales were lifted from my eyes, and I accepted Christ even though there was dischord between these two beliefs that I had; evolution and the gospel. A little while after I was saved, my elder at church started teaching me about YEC, and thats when it started to make sense. Realizing how much propaganda and straight out lies were passed off as science in public classrooms made me a bit angry. Given, they told me that evolution was not 100% proven, but I though it was close enough not to think twice about, based on the "evidence" given. I have gotten over that anger, but I have been very cautious about what people call evidence ever since. Fool me once...

#18 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have some people in my facebook some of them are atheist , one of them posted this image with this message "Science FTW xD" so I thought, 'let's see.'

Posted Image

Then i read another message like the this one saying the earth is flat. I told them the Bible says earth was round before any scientist did. They replied to me that it's not true because according to the original text in hebrew it says is circular so its talking about a 2d figure not 3d so the Bible is wrong

Then I wrote that there's not any evidence about another intelligent race in the universe. Show me the photos or videos. So they replied to me , its impossible because they are to far away , but according to "some physic theory" they are there but we cant reach them. So I told them -you have a lot of faith on those theories. One of them told me it's not faith it's science you better go an talk with your invisible god.

So yeah,it'is frustrating talk with atheist what do you think about those "facts"?

For those that would blame "religion" for stifling science, can we please remember how many were killed by the atheists like Stalin, and Chinese atheists like Mao se Tung? Second, God is not the same thing as the Spanish Inquistion, the Crusades, the Salem Witch Trials, or the selling of indulgences. You're not going to find anything of the sort taught by Christ, who taught we are to love all men. Remember, he called the misguided religious leaders of his day, 'serpents' and 'graves full of dead men's bones.'
  • gilbo12345 and MamaElephant like this

#19 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

About flat earth:

In 1828, American writer Washington Irving (author of Rip Van Winkle) published a book entitled The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus. It was a mixture of fact and fiction, with Irving himself admitting he was "apt to indulge in the imagination."

Its theme was the victory of a lone believer in a spherical Earth over a united front of Bible-quoting, superstitious ignoramuses, convinced the Earth was flat. In fact, the well-known argument at the Council of Salamanca was about the dubious distance between Europe and Japan which Columbus presented—it had nothing to do with the shape of the Earth.

Later authors repeated this error:

In 1834, the anti-Christian Letronne falsely claimed that most of the Church Fathers, including Augustine, Ambrose and Basil, held to a flat Earth. His work has been repeatedly cited as "reputable" ever since.

In the late nineteenth century, the writings of John William Draper and Andrew Dickson White were responsible for promoting the myth that the church taught a flat Earth. Both had Christian backgrounds, but rejected these early in life.

Englishman Draper convinced himself that with the downfall of the Roman Empire the 'affairs of men fell into the hands of ignorant and infuriated ecclesiastics, parasites, eunuchs and slaves' these were the 'Dark Ages'. Draper's work, History of the Conflict between Religion and Science (1874), was directed particularly against the Roman Church, and was a best seller.

Meanwhile White (who founded Cornell University as the first explicitly secular university in the United States), published the two-volume scholarly work History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom, in 1896.

Both men incorrectly portrayed a continuing battle through the Christian era between the defenders of ignorance and the enlightened rationalists. In fact, not only did the church not promote the flat Earth, it is clear from such passages as Isaiah 40:22 that the Bible implies it is spherical. (Non-literal figures of speech such as the "four corners of the Earth" are still used today.)

Encyclopedias Erase the Myth:

While many will have lost their faith through the writing of such men as Irving, Draper and White, it is gratifying to know that the following encyclopedias now present the correct account of the Columbus affair: The New Encyclopaedia Britannica (1985), Colliers Encyclopaedia (1984), The Encyclopedia Americana (1987) and The World Book for Children (1989).

There is still a long way to go before the average student will know that Christianity did not invent or promote the myth of the flat Earth.

To make it look like that the Christians started this Flat Earth myth. The atheists of that time actually look for verses in the Bible to help their cause of deception. What they found is this:

rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

So we have four angels, standing on the four corners of the earth. Holding the four winds. To have the four angels control the four winds. Where would they have to stand? At the places where the four winds come from. North, south, east, and west. So the four corners are a reference to four directions of the earth not a description of how the earth is shaped as atheist-evolutionists will try and convince you that it is.

Posted Image

And here is some other verses they will use:

acts 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Their question will be: How does a sphere have an end? Simple. If you face a ball, which is spherical, and grab it. Where is it that you are grabbing it? On it's ends. So the earth has ends according to where you are looking at it from.

Posted Image

So from this lame attempt to make Flat earth look like it was a Myth thought up by Christians is pretty lame. And then try to make Biblical verses match this was even lamer. But this also shows that evolutionists really have no problem with lying to discredit what they choose not to believe. Even to the point where the lie gets so out of hand that it is even still taught in our schools as truth. So how many reading this were taught that most people in Columbus time actually thought the earth was flat, due to what the Bible said? I was. Then you were duped by a lie started by atheists, then carried on by evolutionists. And for any evolutionists reading this, you were lied to by your own peers. Which makes me wonder how many more lies are out there started by those who would do anything to discredit the Christian faith?

http://www.yecheadqu...flat_earth.html

Here's a verse for the 'awesome, full of knowledge and wisdom' atheists.

Luke 17:30
“It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything.... 34I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [e]

So is it day or is it night, or is it both? If the Earth is round, then it will be both day and night at the same time! How will two be in bed, and the others be working? I guess the atheists will say Jesus knew we would have night shift, or that people were taking a nap during the day. Or just maybe he was the one who 'sits on the circle of the earth.' And by the way, a circle is one perimeter of a sphere when one views it from a distance in third person, so the Hebrew 2D and 3D stuff is just silly. That's like saying 'curve' has nothing to do with 'globe.' It's a feeble defense for their ignorance.

#20 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

Are you asking for a correct answer for all of those fellacious statements by the atheist that posed that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users