• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

This topic may have been stated in other posts, but I didn't like search and couldn't find much on opart.

Out of Place Artifacts do not fit in to some scientists worldview (such as archeologists and geologists) but if you take away the millions of years presupposition and take into account preflood vs postflood history the peices fit together....

IMHO it's not good science to hide or not take into account evidence that doesn't support your worldview...

I'd show examples but there are hundreds or more...

If you believe in an old earth what are your thoughts...
I was also wondering how to explain this in real life but it might be hard without holding up evidence and it might freak them out... Any suggestions? Would you have to have a class?

When I was going to explain/show links of giants one person said they were up for conspiracy theories, so the discussion can get weird to say the least... start with common ground and God's word

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Are you talking about things such as the Baghdad Battery? Can you give other examples so that we can better understand how they refutes the old earth perspective? I am curious as to what other examples you may have in case I have not heard of them?

#3 joman

joman

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Southern Indiana

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

How about the cliffs of Dover where the notion is that it was once the ocean floor where nothing but limestone formed, and it was later raised up to sit on top of land, and yet no corresponding limestone from which it was sheared away from exists at the bottom the actual ocean.

My point being that the whole geologic record of the earth is a oop's.

#4 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

How about the cliffs of Dover where the notion is that it was once the ocean floor where nothing but limestone formed, and it was later raised up to sit on top of land, and yet no corresponding limestone from which it was sheared away from exists at the bottom the actual ocean.

Yes, eactly thats about how I see it, in a way like a messy room, I have a hard time quantifying/quantifying/measuring it. The bible history will help. Just today on the internet filmed news that a farmer supposedly recorded a sea serpent: Giant Worm Iceland Sea monster: http://news.yahoo.co...r-29604843.html

Possibly a Cadborosaurus from Alaska
[http://www.youtube.c...?v=-RDJlYD0-xY]

videos shown on discovery channel see edit
july 22, 2011

Truth can get mixed with myths and alot of it is surrounded by occult ofen times...

Here is Jewelry found at Megiddo: http://gotbible.blog...at-megiddo.html
They also have alot of newsletters such as the biblical archeological society... It really helps to hold it up to the bible to get a timescale, a reference point.
Edit: I removed the other discovery channel 2011 link about the cadborosaur, you may have seen, bad link the people had removed the youtube videos, they cut out the foul language which was good.

#5 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Are you talking about things such as the Baghdad Battery? Can you give other examples so that we can better understand how they refutes the old earth perspective? I am curious as to what other examples you may have in case I have not heard of them?

Jay I could just post things in general conversation or post data I have sometime, I or anyone could do research and fill books there is tmi. I was just wondering how to explain it. One could fill several books answering people's questions too, but I guess/think you could share both worldviews it would take time and discuss with the op...

#6 Minnemooseus

Minnemooseus

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Duluth, Minnesota

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

The Channel Tunnel linking England and France was constructed by tunnelling through the West Melbury Marly Chalk (formerly the 'Chalk Marl' - a prominent sub-unit of the Grey Chalk Subgroup).

From http://en.wikipedia....English_Channel

The chalk is also an important petroleum reservoir in the North Sea Central Graben, mainly in Norwegian and Danish sectors and to a lesser extent in the British sector (UKCS).

From http://en.wikipedia....p#The_North_Sea - More at this link.

It seems that there is chalk at the bottom of the actual ocean.

Moose

#7 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

From http://en.wikipedia....English_Channel From http://en.wikipedia....p#The_North_Sea - More at this link. It seems that there is chalk at the bottom of the actual ocean. Moose

Why shouldn't there be? Usually it's mixed up with other stuff tough. It's basically calcium with other elements plus other substances.

#8 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Why shouldn't there be? Usually it's mixed up with other stuff tough. It's basically calcium with other elements plus other substances.

There is a city underwater that was mapped out, they supposidily found Atlantis, and other underwater cities.

read over Genious of Ancient Man.
Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. KJV

-- Global food/single ice age may have helped bury cities. I don't think we have technological know how to build homes out of stone, Dennis Swift talked about the Egyptians using Diorite in his lectures viewable online - we have trouble using today, Wally Wallington helped with his idea of what he found out to move rocks that weighed tons.

According to the bible God made man intelligent.

#9 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

oops they do have stone homes, nowadays, but I was thinking of the interlocked stones of Cozco, Peru.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: history, OOPART, timeline, old earth, explaining

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users