• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

1. say something has a halflife, when its created it hasn't been around that long, so isn't that an invalid measurement.

I can't account for the tree rings, but if we throw out the clocks radiometric dating arguments, what evidence do you have for YEC? If you look at the geneology and dinosaur mummies, doesn't it point to a young creation?

2. My main question if you take away the dating what evidence is there for OEC?

[moderators if this has been asked before feel free to delete or move it.]
Thanks.

#2 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

Another type of dating is layering in icebergs. It is believed that they can count how many layers at one layer per year.

It has also been said that they cannot tell the difference between a year or a storm system of which there can be many in each year... but OE believers will give the layers as evidence so I thought I would mention it.

Here is a quote on tree rings:

Recent research on seasonal effects on tree rings in other trees in the same genus, the plantation pine Pinus radiata, has revealed that up to five rings per year can be produced and extra rings are often indistinguishable, even under the microscope, from annual rings.

http://creation.com/tree-ring-dating-dendrochronology

#3 Javabean

Javabean

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Harrisburg

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

1. say something has a halflife, when its created it hasn't been around that long, so isn't that an invalid measurement.

I can't account for the tree rings, but if we throw out the clocks radiometric dating arguments, what evidence do you have for YEC?  If you look at the geneology and dinosaur mummies, doesn't it point to a young creation?

2.  My main question if you take away the dating what evidence is there for OEC?

[moderators if this has been asked before feel free to delete or move it.]
Thanks.

View Post

I'm curious about these dinosaur mummies. Where did you hear about these?

As far as the issue 1 that you have. I think you need to think out your argument there a bit more. Right now I just don't see where the issue is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users