• PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

Hello Guys,

I'm in desperate need of prayer to defeat the spirit of pride that overtook and nearly killed me this summer.I lost hope and stopped believing and i could'nt figure out why until i recognized it as pride,one of satans biggest weapons.

Thanks.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

We will be praying for you. Spiritual warfare is no laughing matter. Adam has a strong sense of spiritual warfare when he prays, I'm sure he would not mind praying for you.

#3 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6894 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:37 AM

Jason,

I had no clue. I will pray for you and I believe that the enemy's deception was defeated because I can read it in your post.

Lord God, and Heavenly Father, we thank you for your mercy and your kindness. By your Son we've been redeemed and by His blood we've been cleansed. Lord, what can we boast in besides the victory of your Son? God, as we learn and grow help us to keep our path pure and focused. Thank you, for reminding us that all we have is a gift of grace and that our dependence is upon you our creator and not our works or knowledge. In our weakness you are strong. I praise you for this trial that produced a victory in Jason's life. May you be glorified through it. May Jason's testimony be strengthened and his resolve to follow you shored up. You have made Jason for this time and I pray that you give him insight in to the ways you will use him to spread the light of your glory which dwells within him. We pray this in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

#4 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

Hey Jason,

For obvious reasons my praying might be a little wasteful (dishonest?), but I recognise that an overdose of pride is only going to do you harm in the long run.

My thoughts will be with you. Good luck ;)

-Arch

#5 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

Thanks Guys,

I feel better and believe that my victory is close at hand.I'm going through a spiritual crisis,pride problems,and job all at the same time.The lord told me that satan wants me to hate him and it became all but impossible to undergo all of those things and not turn away.

The lord threatened me with leg amputation,prison,no money or romance and asked me if i would still serve him.It hurt my feelings and made me cry,but i have to remeber that it is by grace that we are saved and Paul went through the same thing without hating him.Blessed is the man who can go all the way with Christ no matter what the cost to self.

Thanks for your prayers.

#6 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:29 AM

Thanks Guys,

I feel better and believe that my victory is close at hand.I'm going through a spiritual crisis,pride problems,and job all at the same time.The lord told me that satan wants me to hate him and it became all but impossible to undergo all of those things and not turn away.

The lord threatened me with leg amputation,prison,no money or romance and asked me if i would still serve him.It hurt my feelings and made me cry,but i have to remeber that it is by grace that we are saved and Paul went through the same thing without hating him.Blessed is the man who can go all the way with Christ no matter what the cost to self.
Thanks for your prayers.

View Post

Dear brother know that I am praying, Peter was sifted like that, but Jesus was upholding him all the while, I know that I love the Lord, but that love comes from Him and not from me, that's why I am sure of it. I don't look for tests, they will come but the Lord will be in control and I am SURE that if I fail or falter He will forgive, that is not presumption that is my only hope. God bless you.

#7 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Biology, biochemistry, the bible proclaimings its message and loving God
  • Christian
  • San Diego California

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Your post brought me into tears and I will definetely be praying for you. May you find comfort knowing the Lord is always with you no matter what you go through.

#8 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Debates, Video Editing, Gaming, Bible Study.
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

I'll pray for you as well.

With the Lord you can get over anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users