• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2275 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:30 PM

If you are interested, feel free to introduce yourself in this forum. Just start a new topic with your name and go from there.

My name is Fred Williams and am the owner of this forum (you can find my bio here). I began this forum in early 2005, primarily to offload my guestbook, which was taking major hits and was becoming difficult to manage given its format.

The parent Evolution, a Fairytale for Grownups website has been online since July 1998.

I will personally focus most of my effort in the Bible section. Please read my warning post to Christians regarding the Evolution vs Creation debate, which will give you a better idea of where I am coming from.

Sincerely,
Fred Williams

#2 Guest_BigV_*

Guest_BigV_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:44 AM

Fred, first of all congratulations on your fine looking website.
I was interested to see that in the "warning post" there was a tone of a seige mentality with talk of "the enemy" etc, which I found amusing although it could warrant some debate on it's contents on it's own merrits, as I feel there are some mistaken misrepresentations within. As this would be disrespectfull to your site's premise I would not presume to debate it with you.

However I hope I am still here at your invitation, in spite of the creed of the "warning post".
K.

#3 Guest_starhopper_*

Guest_starhopper_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

Fred although I am new to this forum an I am hoping to engage in some meaningful debate, I am already a little taken aback by your “warning post” for Christians entering the forums.
I just want to know if, as an agnostic evolutionist that I can participate on this forum and be treated fairly.
I am not “the enemy” for a start nor am I a tool of the devil. If this is the way I am to be treated, why should I think that the debate will be “honest and civil”.
You say

“occasionally you may stumble on a sincere truth seeker”.

Does this mean that evolution advocates are not sincere or seekers of the truth? As an evolutionist, I always respect the creationist I am talking to as if he/she is sincere and wants to know the truth, even if they disagree with me. I always attempt to use reason and persuasion and not insults, lies or any kind of misrepresentation.
It is insulting and a lie to say evolutionists

believe what they do despite any evidence presented to them

. I am an evidence freak – “show me the evidence” is my catch-cry.

“The committed evolutionist activist is always socially liberal”.

That’s also not true. I have a high moral framework and a high degree of responsibility to my fellow man.

“We know from the Bible that deep down they really don’t believe what they believe”

No, you don’t know what I believe deep down, but if you are genuinely interested in what I have to say, then I will join your forum in good faith. If not, then tell me and I will politely leave.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

Fred although I am new to this forum an I am hoping to engage in some meaningful debate, I am already a little taken aback by your “warning post” for Christians entering the forums.
I just want to know if, as an agnostic evolutionist that I can participate on this forum and be treated fairly.

Just as fairly as any creationist person on a evolutionist's forum is treated. But we don't cuss and bombard them with name calling.

I am not “the enemy” for a start nor am I a tool of the devil. If this is the way I am to be treated, why should I think that the debate will be “honest and civil”.
You say Does this mean that evolution advocates are not sincere or seekers of the truth? As an evolutionist, I always respect the creationist I am talking to as if he/she is sincere and wants to know the truth, even if they disagree with me. I always attempt to use reason and persuasion and not insults, lies or any kind of misrepresentation.

If you respected creationists on this board, you would not have made the mocking comment in one thread that you did. You more or less ear marked all the things every evolutionists that is anti-creationist say. I deleted the post because of that. Respect is earned, it is not given. So by your actions so far, I would have to say that I do not believe you on that point.

It is insulting and a lie to say evolutionists
. I am an evidence freak – “show me the evidence” is my catch-cry.
That’s also not true. I have a high moral framework and a high degree of responsibility to my fellow man.

No, you don’t know what I believe deep down, but if you are genuinely interested in what I have to say, then I will join your forum in good faith. If not, then tell me and I will politely leave.

View Post

Did you know that evolution is the direct opposite of creation on "every" creation point?

http://creationwiki....istic_evolution

#5 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2275 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:35 AM

View Post

Starhopper, I realize unbelievers will be offended by the warning and would not expect them to understand, but it is a necessary consequence in trying to keep my forum from becoming an unproductive use of time for my fellow Christians. Note also that the things you took offense to came from the “rock of offense” (Rom 9:33), Jesus Christ, and were not merely my opinion. In each area where there is offense, I provide the relevant passage.

Fred

#6 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • Interests:reading, learning, talking and stuff
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

Hello Fred,

Thanks for this site. It's not usual for Christians, Agnostics and Atheists to get on this well. Although there is debate here, the bickering is held to a minimum, and that is refreshing.

#7 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6572 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

The parent Evolution, a Fairytale for Grownups website has been online since July 1998.

View Post

Ahhhh.... now it all makes sense! The main page to this is a classic. Fred, you've been in the biz for a long time!

And I'm with de_skudd, this forum is a great place to learn and dialogue. Ikester, runs a tight ship.

I'm probably a boarder-line trouble maker. :lol:

#8 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

Ahhhh.... now it all makes sense! The main page to this is a classic. Fred, you've been in the biz for a long time!

And I'm with de_skudd, this forum is a great place to learn and dialogue. Ikester, runs a tight ship.

I'm probably a boarder-line trouble maker. :lol:

View Post

Judging from your Avatar I'd have to agree with the "trouble maker" comment :lol:

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6572 posts
  • Christian

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

Judging from your Avatar I'd have to agree with the "trouble maker" comment  :lol:

View Post

HEY! That's my pup! Yours is worse then mine. Actually, there is a video that goes along with your avatar and I can't find it again. Do you know what I'm talking about? Can you PM it to me so we don't clutter up Fred's welcome section. :lol:

#10 de_skudd

de_skudd

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • North Augusta, SC

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

HEY! That's my pup! Yours is worse then mine. Actually, there is a video that goes along with your avatar and I can't find it again. Do you know what I'm talking about? Can you PM it to me so we don't clutter up Fred's welcome section. :)

View Post

I don't know if I can pm it to you, but you can save it from this source:

Posted Image

It's one of my favorites :lol:

Too bad the animation won't work on my avatar :lol:

Once you've clipped it from here (let me know), and I'll edit this post, and replace it with some pithy comments. And Fred'll never know what happened :lol:

#11 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6572 posts
  • Christian

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Once you've clipped it from here (let me know), and I'll edit this post, and replace it with some pithy comments. And Fred'll never know what happened http://www.evolution..._DIR#/laugh.gif

De_skudd, we really stunk at covering our tracks here. Lol!

#12 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6572 posts
  • Christian

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

I wanted to encourage everyone about welcoming newcomers. I know the "meat" of this forum resides in three sections (EvC, YEC and the Misc board) but the welcome area is still one of the most important.

If you've been here for a while, I want to encourage you to take a few minutes and drop in a welcome to the noobs.

Joining a public board can be a little intimidating on its own. We can help take the edge off by being welcoming.

To those that already take the time... Thank you!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Adam Nagy