• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Creation, Air Force, Traveling, Cooking, Movies
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • New Jersey

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

I watched another video last night and the main topic was irreducible complexity and the human cell. What a great video! I was impressed by the entire presentation, but the kinesin really blew my mind. Here is a short video of it:

I found this article called 'How Evolution works'. This doesn't seem to be a creationist website but I found the author's conclusion interesting. I bolded the last sentence. He states:

These examples do simplify the requirements for the "original cell," but it is still a long way to spontaneous generation of life. Perhaps the first living cells were completely different from what we see today, and no one has yet imagined what they might have been like. Speaking in general terms, life can only have come from one of two possible places:
  • Spontaneous creation - Random chemical processes created the first living cell.
  • Supernatural creation - God or some other supernatural power created the first living cell.
http://science.howst...evolution11.htm

What I found interesting is out the above "two possible places", we hardly, if ever, hear an evolutionist mention the possibility of God. We'll get hypothesis after hypothesis but all of them will not include the possibility of God. Maybe conditions were different on earth. Maybe the first cell was less complex. Maybe it was aliens. Here's an article about Stephen Hawking and his alien thoughts: http://creation.com/...-hawking-aliens

The inner workings of the first cell are amazingly complex. From cars, to trains, to skyscrapers, to planes, to cell phones, to computers, we attribute a designer behind it. However, when it comes to a cell, something many more times complex than anything manmade, it is chalked up to evolution.

So no one knows how the first cell evolved. There are multiple theories of course, but nothing proven, nothing close, and of course most main stream evolutionists won't even ponder the possibility of God.

Doing a Google search, it seems like there are anywhere between 50 - 100 trillion cells in the human body. The most basic component for life. Amazing.

This thread really isn't for debate, however you can if you wish. I wanted to share what I thought was just another fine example of our God's amazing creation! Any comments you wish to add to it about cells, their functions, irreducible complexity, etc. are welcome.
  • goldliger likes this

#2 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

I too find it very ironic that we find molecular machinery within cells and yet they are stated to have "evolved", somehow by some unresolved mechanism. I do think its great that the evolutionist article actually admits the design hypothesis as a contender :D

I think that the presence of molecular machinery supports the claim that God made us in his image... Since God has the ability to create, we do to. We create robots and machines from metal, plastic and dead wood, whereas God has created machines within life.
  • goldliger likes this

#3 usafjay1976

usafjay1976

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Creation, Air Force, Traveling, Cooking, Movies
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • New Jersey

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

When I see videos of how a cell functions, or how DNA functions, I can't help but think of an old board game called 'Mouse Trap'. It had something to do with dropping a ball down a slide, watching it go round and round, knocking something over, lifting a pully, flipping a switch, etc. and at the very end, a little cage would come down and catch the mouse!

The video stated these little kinesins take 125,000 steps just to cover 1 mm. So very cool!

All these inner workings of the human body really are a true testament to our God and His intelligent design!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users