Need Prayer For Sister's Family...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:03 AM

Well there's so much wrong, would not know where to begin. My sister has a parenting attitude problem that is really hurting the kids. Verbal abuse can be worse than physical. And my sister uses words like a weapon. Her kids can't wait to be able to leave. And I have to say I don't blame them. I thought I had it bad growing up. My sis makes anything my dad did look like a stroll in the park. And she knows it all so she can't be told anything by anyone.

It's become such a habit with her and the kids, she just does it anywhere and in front of anyone. It's really embaressing. The father is no help. He's a lame duck as far as parenting goes. And I believe he's one of the reasons my sis is the way she is. She takes her fustrations about him out on them.

She has really focused on one of her kids and has ruined his life. It's really sad. He has no self esteem because of the verbal abuse, and has drop out of school. We tried to home school, but he is so dicuraged, he can't focus. He has also learned some really bad destructive habits. Including being physically destructive to himself. I don't think he'll make it to 20 without being put into jail. He's 17.

The other child is being verbally abused as well. But not as bad. She has a very promising singing career if she can seperate herself from her mom. Where ever she sings, she gets standing ovations (guess that's how that is spelled). And she wants to go to college, but her mom is messing that up as well.

My brother inlaw is no saint. Let's just say he's doing things on the net he should not be. And is really caught up in it. If I had my way, I'd destroy that computer of his. For what he has brought into that house has destroyed that family. He also controls my sister through fear of divorce. It's all just a really big mess. So I ask for prayer for this family.

Thanks.

#2 Geezer

Geezer

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Judaism Orthodox
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • 3rd Rock from the Sun

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:33 AM

Prayer can heal.
I will pray for a healing in their lives.
Shalom

#3 The Debatinator

The Debatinator

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

I have already prayed for her.

#4 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:31 PM

I have already prayed for her.

View Post

I have as well. Let's pray we hear some good news out of this in the future.

In Christ,
Fred

#5 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:16 AM

Thanks everyone :( .

#6 Guest_Admin3_*

Guest_Admin3_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:56 AM

Praise report.

My nephew has gone to a type of boot camp to finish school. He is doing so well, they have made him squad leader. He is proud of that. And because he is really doing good on his tests, the instructor has told him he could get a scholarship for college.

I never expected such a turn around in his life. I'd like to thank everyone for prayer, and most of all, Thank Jesus for answering these prayers. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users