• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

So am I now judged as ludicrous, because I regard the scripture as an historical narrative (as in global flood hypothesis) ? Or if I go about to support creative fiat (as in the intelligent design movement)? And if I then go about, using scientific methodology to only support this, why is it considered a foul?

Do not the evolutionists also presuppose the scientific findings of biology and geology to be supportive of an original premise given by Darwin?

If they don't fully accept Christ as Lord and Savior, then God has a plan B for them.

“...because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12.

No amount of evidence can stop God's command to believe a lie, because were not fighting against evidence, but God's command.
Enjoy.

View Post

No offense but that verse is off Context and future tense?....... That's part of why I justified believing in an old earth, God doesn't lie... or tempt to do evil either
on another topic,... Can God tempt you?
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:" James 1:13 KJV
We can discuss it in the bible Q&A if you want?

#2 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

Jason777
If they don't fully accept Christ as Lord and Savior, then God has a plan B for them.

“...because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12.

No amount of evidence can stop God's command to believe a lie, because were not fighting against evidence, but God's command.
Enjoy.

No offense but that verse is off Context and future tense?....... That's part of why I justified believing in an old earth, God doesn't lie... or tempt to do evil either
on another topic,... Can God tempt you?
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:" James 1:13 KJV

View Post

Yeah, Jason is a moderator, so I'm asking if we can discuss that in another thread too. It would be nice to hear the take of atheists in reference to the OP.

#3 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

No offense but that verse is off Context and future tense?.......  That's part of why I justified believing in an old earth, God doesn't lie... or tempt to do evil either
on another topic,...  Can God tempt you?

Can God repay you for indulging in unrighteousness? I wouldn't call that tempting you and I certainly wouldn't call God a liar for doing so. Everyone who rejects the truth deserves to be handed over to a lie; Not because God did it, but because their own evil desires did it to themselves.

"God can not be mocked" and "Every man reaps what he sows."

Does that help you to understand his character better? Or how about when Jesus told Peter "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword." Is that because God is a murderer? No. He is righteous. Shouldn't murderers be put to death?

Of course God does not tempt; Satan does. So would it not be just to hand a man over to Satan if he follows him? Were confusing the cause with the effect.

God Bless.

#4 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

Can God repay you for indulging in unrighteousness? I wouldn't call that tempting you and I certainly wouldn't call God a liar for doing so. Everyone who rejects the truth deserves to be handed over to a lie; Not because God did it, but because their own evil desires did it to themselves.

"God can not be mocked" and "Every man reaps what he sows."

Does that help you to understand his character better? Or how about when Jesus told Peter "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword." Is that because God is a murderer? No. He is righteous. Shouldn't murderers be put to death?

Of course God does not tempt; Satan does. So would it not be just to hand a man over to Satan if he follows him? Were confusing the cause with the effect.
God Bless.

View Post

He is both merciful and just, Got it, I think I see what your saying, their are other verses that talk about it also like 1st Corinthians 5:5, After facing the consequences of 'unrightousness', reaping what they sow, (without Grace/protection of the godly church ) hopefully they will repent and change their ways. I put the 'unrightous' in quotes because the bible defines righteous and wicked people differently then I'm used to...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users